The Cat Lovers Thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

#1 Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

This is a thread for all of you who absolutely love your cats and talking about them and posting pictures of them (or of lolcats). It's just a general cats-are-great thread.

I don't intend to post again in the thread... I just wanted to give you cat people a place to talk amongst yourselves.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I think she wants to keep the cat discussions out of the slut thread.

Meow.

Perhaps I'll move my soap opera "As The Catnip Turns" to this thread instead of the slut thread. You non-sluts will have to get up to speed by reading my previous posts on the subject in the slut thread.

As The Catnip Turns, Part Idon'tknow: I woke up in the middle of the night and found Violet laid out on the wool blanket I keep on the bed, snuggled against me. This is the first time she's done that since I brought her home (on August 31). It was niiiiice. At one point Sabrina jumped on the bed. Violet lifted her head, hissed at Sabrina, but didn't budge. Sabrina backed off and went elsewhere. I started petting Violet, but she got a little too aggreesive, trying to grab me with her paws, and constantly biting me, so I gave up. After a while I was actually HOPING one of the other cats would come by and scare Violet away, because I really had to pee. All you cat-lovers can relate. I finally gave up and sat up to get out of bed, and fortunately Violet decided to leave voluntarily, and I got to go to the bathroom in time.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Meow...

#4 Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Reow.
#5 Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

*continues to talk about cats wherever*
#6 Old 09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I find cats are always an appropriate topic.

Except for the time I told my bf that the cat was cuter than him.

Only time it didn't go over so well.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#7 Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

I don't intend to post again in the thread...

Umm.... if you are not interested in a topic why on earth would you deliberately start a thread about it? Hey, I might go start a thread about motorcyle engines!

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#8 Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Umm.... if you are not interested in a topic why on earth would you deliberately start a thread about it? Hey, I might go start a thread about motorcyle engines!

Because I wanted to give people a place to talk about it so the slut thread wouldn't center so much around cats.
Tom likes this.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#9 Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Ah... ok. It just seemed a bit random. (I'll start talking about cats, soon, promise!)

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#10 Old 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Ah... ok. It just seemed a bit random. (I'll start talking about cats, soon, promise!)

No worries. I didn't want to rain on the cat people's parade, but I didn't want to have to watch the parade either, so to speak.
Tom likes this.

#11 Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Yaay!! Cat-Lovers thread!!!

I'm so excited....I could vomit!!!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#12 Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not really a cat person. in fact I would go far enough to say I really dislike cats. Not enough to ever hurt one, I just dont like the pointless bird killing.

But there is this one cat that I am rather fond of. It belongs to one of the teachers at school and seems to have adopted me as another owner (funny how they latch onto cat haters and ignore most cat lovers!). It is a very, very friendly cat. It comes into my room at night through my window (I always have my window open) and sleeps on my bed, then leaves when I go to lessons. its done that four times now. it has also taken to coming in through the day, much to the cleaners disgust! They already hate my untidy room, spinning wheel and bits of wool everywhere and now a cat.

my friend doesn't like it either, and cant understand why I tolerate it in my room. This afternoon she came to my room to return a dress she borrowed, found the cat and gave it a shower "to get rid of the smell". She always scares it. poor cat. I miss my pets and like to have it around. but didn't like the dead vole present it left one day.

I'd post a photo if I could find my camera lead. I will keep looking, but I have a nasty feeling I left it at home.
Tom likes this.
#13 Old 09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Is this cat a he or a she? Weird seeing him/her being referred to as "it".
#14 Old 09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

to be honest I dont know if it is a he or a she, and I dont know what its name is. He/She is referred to as "it" by everyone in the house, and I used to call it an it too so I still do. sorry cat. I'm sure he/she doesnt mind.

But saddish news - my HM came into my room about ten minutes ago to lecture me about my poor exam results and saw it so is phoning the teacher she thinks it belongs too tommorow, so I guess it wont be my little adopted pet for much longer.

I cant see its owner shutting it in all the time though so I will keep you updated on the cat situation!
#15 Old 09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm definitely a cat person! I only have one, Dumpling, in my avatar. She doesn't get along so well with other cats. Well basically, she will pee all over the place to mark her territory. She did that in my parents' house before I took her. Now she has the house all to herself and is a good girl (with a couple exceptions...)

I had to help her out of this one...
#16 Old 09-10-2008, 02:19 PM

Do most folks who have cats (or any pet I guess) see them as just a pet, a part of the family or a true furbaby? I love my two cats, but don't see them as my furbabies more as part of our family.

One is turning 17 this year. I've had him since he was 6 wks old. He picked me out when I went to the humane society one day.

He literally climbed the cage and stuck out his paw on my shirt and meowed. I had gone wanting an all orange cat (think of Morris for those of you who remember him). But this cat was white and orange - it was love at first site. His name is JuBee and he is the best cat evah! He is friendly and not aloof at all like cats can be. When the kids were young, he was very good with them (not an issue now that the kids behave well around animals). He gets along with other cats. Even at his age, he is still active and plays with his toys. He's always been my vision of a perfect cat. I have a hard time thinking of the day when he is no longer with us.

Our newest addition is two years old. His name is Cosmo and he's quite active. He's a tuxedo cat and very beautiful. He doesn't like to be held very long, but will come up and spend time near us when we're sitting down or asleep. Also, in the kitchen, he will jump up on the fridge and watch us cook, clean, etc. He's very curious and loves to get into everything he can. One day he accidentally locked himself in the bedroom so we have to prop the door so it can't be closed. He has learned a few tricks for treats. He's very motivated by Greenies treats. He will come to his name and jump in any spot you tap and then wait for a treat.
#17 Old 09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I found mine with his 2 brothers when they were almost 2 weeks old. I had to go through the bottle feeding and kitty bum wiping, so I think of him more as a baby

Lynn

#18 Old 09-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

<<<Cat Person.
#19 Old 09-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular

We have four cats who live with us. They are my family, and I can always look to them for love when I need it. They expect food, a clean litterbox, hugs and kisses in return, of course. All of them are strictly indoors, because we've lost a couple cats from having them be outdoor indoor cats, and our local bird population is suffering because of outdoor cats.
#20 Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I like big cats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when an itty little bitty kitty with a rat in her mouth hisses I run.
#21 Old 09-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

I like big cats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when an itty little bitty kitty with a rat in her mouth hisses I run.

ROFL

All my animals are my babies, I come home and say "Hi kids!" and my son just gives me a weird look...

I'm a cat person, too, but I'm an all-animal person really. 'Cept roaches. Ugh.
#22 Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

I found mine with his 2 brothers when they were almost 2 weeks old. I had to go through the bottle feeding and kitty bum wiping, so I think of him more as a baby

Are the ones you bottle-fed and bum-wiped horrible, spoiled, bratty beasts like mine is?? Having siblings with them helps tame the potential brattiness, but Mister Milo was our first bottle-fed kitteh that lived long enough for us to name him...and he's just a giant brat now. Ugh. So embarrassing for mom when she brings him to the vet knowing he'll have to be anesthetized just to be examined....especially seeing mom works at the vet hospital, hah.

He is a beautiful boy, however. Maybe I can get him to loose his love handles and I can get him a gig modeling for Hill's Pet Foods.....

Here he is cruisin' for treats...none of which he needs!! Granted, he's prolly got some Maine Coon or, I'm speculating, Norwegian Forest Cat ((not kidding)) in him...but christ!! My mom feeds him treats on demand and he's too lazy to even play with toys! He kinda watches us bob them up and down and is like,: "K this iz borin I want teh noms" At this rate, he'll be diabetic by the time he's 9!

www.animal-adoptions.org

#23 Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I kissed a cat and I liked it

the taste of her fishy chapstick

I kissed a cat just to try it

I hope my BF don't mind it

It felt so wrong

It felt so right.....

[I wonder what church leaders would have to say about that?]

www.animal-adoptions.org

#24 Old 09-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I know his brothers turned out to be handfuls (one was a biter!), but mines pretty laid back. In our case though, he appears to be part maine coon, but his brothers were not.

I'll have to check your picture again tonight. I can't see it from here, but it might just be blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Are the ones you bottle-fed and bum-wiped horrible, spoiled, bratty beasts like mine is?? Having siblings with them helps tame the potential brattiness, but Mister Milo was our first bottle-fed kitteh that lived long enough for us to name him...and he's just a giant brat now. Ugh. So embarrassing for mom when she brings him to the vet knowing he'll have to be anesthetized just to be examined....especially seeing mom works at the vet hospital, hah.

He is a beautiful boy, however. Maybe I can get him to loose his love handles and I can get him a gig modeling for Hill's Pet Foods.....

Here he is cruisin' for treats...none of which he needs!! Granted, he's prolly got some Maine Coon or, I'm speculating, Norwegian Forest Cat ((not kidding)) in him...but christ!! My mom feeds him treats on demand and he's too lazy to even play with toys! He kinda watches us bob them up and down and is like,: "K this iz borin I want teh noms" At this rate, he'll be diabetic by the time he's 9!

Lynn

#25 Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Veggie Regular

*Laughs out loud from people quoting him*

*Always laughs out loud when people quote him, and sometimes almost dies from rofl*

ha, that cat looks like one of mine
#26 Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

so I've noticed that at this point, Violet is doing way more hissing and growling than the Evil Twins. I think it's because she's gotten a little tired of being harrassed by them, so even when they're not being especially hostile to her, when they approach her, she hisses and growls at them as a way of saying, "Back off and leave me alone already!"

She can obviously take care of herself, but poor Violet.

ETA: I know Sabrina would like to get up to the top of the tall bookcase, which has always been one of her favorite hangout spots, but Violet has monopolized that spot ever since she arrived, and neither she nor Sabrina wants to share. It WOULD be cool to see both of them up there and not killing each other, but that day may not come for a long time, if ever.

*this space not for sale*
#27 Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Quote:

It felt so wrong

It felt so right.....

[I wonder what church leaders would have to say about that?]

This made my day!
#28 Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It felt so wrong

It felt so right.....

wow, this is almost like a new genre. Let's call it: cat pop... and it does not include Pussy Cat Dolls.

Anyway, I'm a cat person as well! I have three of them, they're called: Strega, Latte and Fiona. Three females.

If there are any italians here, they might be laughing pretty hard right now. Strega means witch in italian, Latte means milk and Fiona is just an italian girls name.

My mom had some kind of obsession about giving our cats italian names for some reason. But Strega can sure be a witch sometimes! Latte is named Latte because she has the same colour as a café latte. Usually we call her caté latte Fiona is not named Fiona for no specific reason, it's just a pretty name.

Strega is the mother of Latte and Fiona, but they are all grown up now.

Here are some pictures:

Latte and Fiona. Fiona is the grey one, and Latte is the beige one.

And this is Strega.
#29 Old 09-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^ Gorgeous kitties!!
#30 Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

That made me think of the cat rap song. I had to go watch it again, and I giggled just as hard this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1vkjOvD-zs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy Child View Post

wow, this is almost like a new genre. Let's call it: cat pop... and it does not include Pussy Cat Dolls.

Lynn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page