I LOVE ugly cats - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

This is going to sound weird, but I LOVE ugly cats. While I don't think there is truly such thing as an ugly cat, many people would disagree. The last cat I owned passed away in 1992. Since then, I've always played with neighbors and friends cats. My favorite breed of cat has always been the persian (aka smash-nose cat). I've been wanting a cat for a while, especially since spending time with my friend bekah (she has 4).

These links will probably expire in a month or two, but for now, here's what I'm talking about (I want these cats!!!)

Persian 1

Persian 2

I would be the happiest person on EARTH if I owned these cats. Right now, none for me. But I can dream!

Anyone else here love ugly cats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a soft spot for funky looking animals, too, as well as disabled.
#3 Old 12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

There's just something about them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Definitely so. I fell in love with an older schnauzer type mix at the shelter a few years back. One of the volunteers was telling me that not many people were looking at her because she wasn't that cute or some such nonsense. I was all because I thought she was just precious and as sweet as could be.

I also had a soft spot for a deaf kitten, too. There was another cat that had a cleft lip that I thought was such a doll baby. So, yeah. I would have no trouble adopting the so-called "unadoptable" or "less desirable" ones.
#5 Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a humanitarian and definately care about all living things. I absolutely love all animals, no matter how ugly or pretty. I'm not vain in that sense... a sweet dog is a sweet dog, even if it's deaf, blind, and can't control it's bladder.

My friend's roommate has a cat named Godiva who is slightly evil. When she picked her out, the shelter told her "You don't want that cat, she's not friendly." She got her anyway. Even an unfriendly cat needs love!
#6 Old 12-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I like these two cuties

[attachment=6435:sphynxhugging.jpg]
LL

m8itcanw8.com
#7 Old 12-17-2007, 11:22 PM

^^ a lot of people say theyre ugly but i dont agree.
#8 Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Beginner

Pah! Persians? Scottish folds are the way to go! But ugly cat? No such thing! Especially if they are babies. All baby animals appeal to our parenting side, and all are cute. Except maybe baby pelicans, but the adults are cool looking. I've a soft spot for awkward looking animals, especially if they have no hair. I plan on getting allergy shots since I am allergic to cats. Then I can enjoy cats to the fullest!
#9 Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

I like these two cuties

Attachment 11354

i've always thought they were cute, too. And the hairless rats.
#10 Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I am the same way!!! I had a friend whose cat was frail, grumpy, and his hair was falling out. He had been sick for a long time, and once he got better, the hair and weight took a long time to come back. Noone in their house would cuddle or pet him, because of his bald patches and frailty.

Whenever I went over I would spend the whole time cuddling and loving him, and trying to convince my friend that there was nothing "gross" about petting him. Just because her cat doesn't look "cute" doesn't mean she shouldn't cuddle it, love it, and spend time with it.

I totally have a soft spot for him, he's cute to me, even with bald spots!! haha.
#11 Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Beginner

Baldies are cuties. Have you ever seen a peruvian inca orchid? Not a cat, but are irresistable.

http://www.xoloworld.com/archive/PaiviPup1.jpg
#12 Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 AM

man, that look works for me
#13 Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I discovered from working in a cattery for 3 years that there's no such thing as an ugly cat, just er...funky lookin' ones Even the smelly, old battered, balding ones who tried to claw your eyes out always had an owner who loved them.

We used to get a persian called Charlie in a lot, he liked to roll in dirt and smelly stuff and had that typical loud, heavy breathing that persians have, and he was one of our favourites. He loved to be cuddle, he was like a big, strange smelling furry cushion

Another favourite regular was Spud, who looked like he had some wild cat in him and his purr sounded like a growl. He'd been on the street for years before his owner took him in and had torn ears, lots of scars and had somehow got a part of his upper lip ripped off so he looked like he was always baring his teeth...in comparasion, his owners also had a cat called Muffin who was fat lady who'd clearly never lowered herself to even leave her garden
#14 Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Persians are so cute looking! Bald kitties are cute too I like Scottish Folds as well... heck, I like all cats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page