Cats using the toilet?! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM

My two cats are just in the begining stages of toilet training. Literaly!! Bought a cat training system (litter kwitter) for $50 & it's going great!! They're 12 & 7 years old & jumping up on the toilet no problems- bit of spillage on the first day or two til they got their footing right but they are so smart!! I'm really proud because no one thought they'd be able to do it!! They said it's cruel to make older cats do it- but they jump on things higher up than that so what's the problem? I'll be taking away the first piece next week-very excited. Wondering if anyone else is doing the same system with their cats- & how's it going??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Just make sure they don't become obsessive flushers like this cat. You don't want your water bill going through the roof.

[youtube]WofFb_eOxxA[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofFb_eOxxA

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#3 Old 05-31-2007, 08:02 PM

In the cats defence it does look like a great game!! But yeah- they'd better not be doing any of that here- in level 4 water restrictions!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I've thought about doing this, too. My cats are obsessed with the bathroom. Unfortunately, this might prevent me from training them, since you must keep the lid up.

Right now, my one likes to sneak behind me before I flush and grab the wet paper out of the bowl and run off with it. Any time I forget to close the lid, (and if it's yellow and mellow) I may end up with dried toilet paper chunks in my bedroom the next day. Gross!

At my mom's old work (a vet) a lady adopted a cat and soon after noticed her children weren't flushing their #2. The kids denied it, and then she realized that whoever owned the cat before had trained it to use the toilet!
#5 Old 05-31-2007, 08:49 PM

Well- it seemed soo expensive to get the kit to start with it's normally $100 but couldn't pass it up when I found it- it's incredible to see how little litter we're using now already!! I HATE the seat being up but I'll tell ya- that cat litter smell is no longer a problem- I take the poo-pies out & flush em right away it doesn't smell at all. We're going to save so much money & it's not too bad we have a second toilet- but it's just outside the backdoor- very cold on ya bum- was only 5degrees this morning- that's the only downside!! Otherwise- best decision so far. Probably not for all cats tho- mums cats are relatively shall I be kind & say...um....simple...so for them it's maybe a bad idea but I had complete faith in my girls- they adapt to anything
#6 Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

That movie is funny.

Good luck with the training, sounds like you'll soon be able to impress all of your friends with your intelligent cats!
#7 Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Watch the video on this page, I love seeing the cat use the toilet.

http://www.litterkwitter.com/en/what_is.php#whatis
#8 Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

That is freakin' awesome!
#9 Old 06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

This is something I'm definitely planning on doing, whether with my current bunch or future bunch.
#10 Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 PM

Just letting you all know- the girls have been using the toilet trainer for just over a week- they're wonderful at it now- their footing is really good & it looks like in two days time I'll be removing the first piece. I could do it today but I'll let them have a little longer- even tho I'm confident they'll do just fine. I'm so proud of them I'm still having to change the litter but I'm more than happy to do it- I've been taking photos of the litter to show everyone it is possible to train them to use it. When Snowflake starts to get on abit- I'll be investing in some stairs for her- that way she doesn't have to jump up. But can tell you she's crazy & jumps on everything- yes- even my head. The only regret I have is that I didn't get it earlier- best thing I think I've ever bought.
#11 Old 06-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to have a cat named Bodhi, who taught himself to pee in the toilet. No joke! He was the kind of cat who was always in the bathroom any time anyone would be in there and he was always curious.

I woke up one morning to what sounded like a male human peeing in the toilet. As I lived alone at the time and was home by myself I was a bit alarmed. I grabbed a baseball bat and crept to the bathroom. I popped around the corner, bat over my head to see the cat perched on the toilet, tail straight up in the air taking a big ol' pee.

Needless to say I was a bit taken aback! He did it from that moment on and wasn't bothered by people being around when he did it. Nobody believed me at first but little by little people visiting me saw Bodhi the amazing toilet cat.

I haven't had much (any) luck since but I thought I'd share that tale since it seemed appropriate for the thread.
#12 Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Haha- no probs definitely appropriate- I have heard of that kind of thing before. I think if I were one to leave the toilet up my cat Snowy would have been using it before now. She used to open the door when you were in the bathroom & run up to you & jump right onto your lap!! She had no shame at all- she just thought she'd make the most of the situation- how often do you sit still like that?! She thought it was fantastic because you couldn't really move away. I got used to it happening but I'll tell you no one else ever did.
#13 Old 06-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm thinking about toilet-training my kitties. I have a feeling that Zen (my male cat) will end up like that obsessive flushing cat in the YouTube video.

Zen LOVES to watch the toilet flush... I think if/when he figures out how to flush the toilet himself, he'll do it all the time!
#14 Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Veggie Regular

746 Videos of cats using the toilet:

http://www.kittygoespotty.com/
#15 Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 PM

I'll be adding the girls to that soon I think.... was just popping by to let everyone know that I took away the first piece of the litter kwitter today. They're doing wonderfully- no mess at all!! As soon as I took it away I took them both in to show them & put them on one at a time & gave them pats & kisses to let them know the toilets a great place to be. Within 10mins Snowy was up on it again using it- it sounded just like a male human using the toilet but she did her wee right down the hole & then ran off like a nut. Am so proud of our girls- daddy's going to be so excited when he comes home- he scoops the girls up & dances with them when they've been good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page