Doggie prayers/good vibes once again please! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Cesar, my boy with lymphoma, spent last night at the emergency vet. This morning when they were helping me get him in the car to take to my vet, he had a seizure. He's now at my vet receiving fluids and antibiotics. He's had an infection that he just can't get rid of. So prayers and good vibes once again are much appreciated. If the seizure was from the spread of the cancer, we all know how that will end. But if it was from fever or something else treatable, I haven't given up hope that he'll pull through just one more time and we can have some more time together. He was very bad last weekend and wasn't expected to live the weekend, then he turned around and had 3 pretty good days, surprising the vet, and then went downhill again. Of course I'm trying to figure out what I've done wrong. What if I'd caught the infection sooner? What if I'd upped his vitamins? Did I give him too many vitamins and they interfered with the chemo? And on and on.

As soon as my sister picks my nephew up from my house, I'm going back to check on him. (Note to anyone who works from home--don't let your relatives with kids know or you'll be asked to babysit/pick up from school 3 days a week.) Not that I don't love my nephew, but the stress of Cesar this week on top of trying to baby sit, talk to the vet with a 10 year old interrupting every other second, and still trying to get work done is getting to me. *end vent*

My biggest fear is he will die when I'm not there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my prayers are with your baby!

one of my dogs was diagnosed with insulinoma about 4 years ago. i found out because she started having seizures and it turned out to be the cancer ( insulinoma ) anyway it had already spread and they said even with chemo they gave her 3 months.........i didnt do chemo, i wanted her last days to be home in a comfortable place, not hooked up to drugs that wouldnt extend her life or cure her ( i would have done it had it been a different type of cancer or outcome).......anyway...........i gave her vitamins and herbs and she had 2 YEARS more with us, at the very end when she started going downhill I just couldn't accept it........she stopped eating, was sooooo sick, i just couldnt deal with it, i kept trying different things and the vet talked to me and encouraged me to rethink euthanasia, finally my husband said to me, you really have to let her go , she is in pain, miserable, and sick.

so we made the choice to euthanize her, and i was able to say goodbye, hold her, and it was as nice of an end as i could have hoped for her, she was no longer suffering, i feel bad still that i think i let her suffer longer than i should have, but i am crying just writing this because the feelings are still so fresh and that was 2 years ago here.

Please also try not to question yourself, you are doing the best you can and you love your doggy, I know i should take my own advice because i did the same thing and i still do. its hard not to.

my good thoughts are with you and your doggy.
#3 Old 11-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Prayers for Cesar! I hope he is ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Sending good vibes and everything your way, hope all goes well. Keep us updated.
#5 Old 11-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Thinking of you and Cesar.
#6 Old 11-03-2006, 05:57 PM

*sending good vibes for you and Cesar*

I hope that he pulls through. Stay strong!
#7 Old 11-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh sweetie, bless your heart.I'm so sorry.I just sent up a prayer for you

and your baby. Please let us know how you are doing.
#8 Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I hope you and your puppy are doing well. Let us know how things go.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#9 Old 11-04-2006, 09:02 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Cesar. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.
#10 Old 11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

only good thoughts.

My thoughts are with ya Cesar. Hang in there!
#11 Old 11-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular

More good thoughts.

And...don't beat yourself up for even a second..you're doing a great job, and sometimes these things are just out of your control.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#12 Old 11-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. Cesar died Friday morning. If only I could do it over again and get a second chance at decisions I made. I screwed up. The only thing that keeps me going is my other fur kids needing me.

He waited so long for a home and then didn't even get to spend most of his last days in it.
#13 Old 11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm so sorry, wolfie.
#14 Old 11-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Wolfie I am soooo sorry to hear this news, Please don't second guess yourself we all do the best we can, and you did a great job with your cesar!

He was very lucky to have you.
#15 Old 11-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so very sorry.I know just how you feel.It's normal to feel that you could

have done more when something like this happens.Your Cesar is at rest now and

nothing will ever be able to harm him again.He knew how much you loved him,

I'm sure of that.

Wish I could be there to give you a big hug.
#16 Old 11-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Veggie Regular

oh Wolfie... I'm so sorry :hugs:

You didn't screw up. Most pets can only wish for the care and attention you give to yours. Don't regret anything, but savor the memories and the good things you brought to his life. Put together that scrap book.

#17 Old 11-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Wolfie, I'm so sorry. I'm sure you did the best you could and Cesar knows that! He was lucky to have you!
#18 Old 11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Soo sorry to hear
#19 Old 11-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Most pets can only wish for the care and attention you give to yours.

You gave him a good home while he was there!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#20 Old 11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Wolfie, I'm so sorry about Cesar. You are such a wonderful dog mom and have done so much for the dogs who have been oh-so-lucky to have had the good fortune of having you in their lives.

Two weeks ago, I lost one of my beloved kitties, so I know the heartache you are experiencing. What helps me get by are all of the wonderful memories of my Willie (who had the biggest heart ever and was a friend to everyone) and the thought of how lucky I was to have had him in my life and with me as long as I did. I hope you can find comfort in your own loving memories of Cesar.
#21 Old 11-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Wolfie, I'm sorry.
#22 Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, that made me cry Wolfie. I'm so sorry for your loss. Cesar knew you loved him. Don't feel bad about your choices, you did the best you could at the time. One day you'll smile when you think of him, I hope that day isn't too far away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page