dead bird in my bird feeder:( - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-30-2003, 09:02 AM

I am proabably putting this in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where to put it. Today I went out to fill the bird feeder and discovered a dead bird inside it. I have a gazebo feeder but the top broke off during a storm last winter, It no longer would fit securely so I just set it on. Monday was really windy and the top must have blown off, It looks the bird which was a crow tried to get at the bird seed from the top but the feeder was near empty so it had to lean way in to get at it and it looks like it got stuck and died

I feel so horrible and guilty!!! If I had have bought a new one this wouldn't have happened or if I had of filled the feeder sooner instead of being late with it , this wouldn't have happened!!!

I can't get the picture of it in there struggling as it died out of my head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I am so sorry, rainlily. Please don't feel guilty.....you clearly do more than most people do to try to help and feed birds, so please don't blame yourself for a tragic accident. You had absolutely no way of knowing that something like this was going to happen. Take comfort in knowing he's in a better place now.

#3 Old 07-30-2003, 04:46 PM

Thanks I needed that

It's hard not to feel guilty and blame yourself. The only good about the whole thing is that it reinforces(sp?) my veganism, not that I really needed it, but it a reminder of why I am a vegan. I love animals, all animals.

you are right I had no way of knowing that this would happen, If I had I would have bought a new one right away.

i need a new feeder now, i think I will look online see if I can find some instuctions on how to make one out of a pop bottle or something. The sooner I get a bird feeder back out there I think the better I will feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

(((((HUGS)))))) rainlily.

It wasn't your fault, don't beat yourself up about it. Try to think about all the birds that you have helped by feeding them instead.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page