Found kitten - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Beginner

I am housesitting for my mother this week. Well I came back from the store today and heard a noise it sounded like a bird, and sort of like a kitten. So I investigated and found the tiniest little kitten in the bushes. Well after 2 hours of coaxing and a can of food (no battle scars either yay!), I got her. Shes obviously ferral as she is filthy, wild, and starving. I am experienced at this because I have been catching wild kittens from the barns since I was a child. I cleaned her up (bad case of earmites, no fleas) and have her right now. I hope my aunt at home lets me keep her (she is a crazy cat lady i bet she will). I think I'm going to call her Athena to go with my boy Hunter (I am totally against hunting btw but try telling that to him!). Well if I can't keep her anyone in the chicago land want a kitty? Shes black and white and so tiny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Awww, I hope you're able to keep her and she gets proper care!

If I were in the area, I'd definitly take her.... then again, if I took in every animal that I wanted to I'd literally have 100+ pets right now!
#3 Old 08-13-2006, 03:16 AM
Veggie Regular

If you keep her, make sure you have her checked by a vet. I found a kitten this past winter frozen to a bush. Initially she checked out fine by the vet but about three weeks later she got really sick and ended up having feline infectious peritonitis. Apparently there is no test for it. I had given the kitten to a woman with two kids thinking she was fine. She had to be put to sleep. It was sad. I felt really bad for the kids because the cat they had before this one died as well. Good luck with your kitty! I hope you get to keep her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I second testing and check ups before exposing her to the other cat.
#5 Old 08-13-2006, 01:19 PM

Awwww she sounds so cute, hopfully you can keep her so she gets a good raising! Post pictures and keep us updated!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page