Cat loves tempeh - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Beginner

This is the weirdest thing, I had just cut up some tempeh and was eating it plain and my cat starts begging. I give her a piece... poof it's gone. Then I give her a bigger piece goes just as fast! I have never seen something so weird. She even begs the same way she does when I give her canned food (she stands up on her hind legs). Does anybody else have a cat like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Sabrina adores teriyaki flavored baked tofu. Misty does too, but Sabrina really goes nuts for it. I don't give them much, but when I'm slicing some baked tofu for salads or whatever, I'll save a couple of pieces for the kitties. Sabrina also likes popcorn. I open the bag, and she'll stick her paw inside, pull out some popcorn, and scarf it before I can stop her. I also bought for the cats a pouch of Friskies treats (hairball formula), which they both adore as well. It's really crappy stuff, but they can't get enough of it. I have it stashed in my nighttable drawer, and if I leave the drawer open, Sabrina will come over, climb into the drawer, and bat at the pouch, trying to get it open. When she can't, she turns to me and yells at me to open the damn thing! The cats also used to love Trader Joe's cat treats (no longer available, unfortunately), which were little hard chicken flavored kibble pieces. I'd hand one to Sabrina, and she'd practically bite my hand in two trying to get it. She'd actually curve her paw around my hand to make sure she'd get it. So who needs opposable thumbs?

https://www.veggieboards.com/gallery/...p?i=6974&c=501

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

It's just plain, right? Make sure it doesn't have any onion or garlic in it which is bad for kitties.

I've known cats that liked potato, tortilla or other chips. Sometimes soy burgers, but usually they think they want it and then change their mind when they figure it out. It's nice when the cats figure out they have to beg someone else if they want real meat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Two of my friends put nutritional yeast on their cats' food.
#5 Old 08-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Yup... my cat loves any kind of bread product. She will beg for a potato chip but when you give it to her she eats it with this disgusted look, her lips all curled back, like "OK, if I have to" even though she's the one that wanted it! She also used to love Yves veggie pepperoni slices, but she hasn't had them in a long time so she's probably on to something new now.
#6 Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Beginner

I think as animals grow older, they become less picky. My cat's 14 and only in the last two years, she'll just eat anything. Same with my dogs, they're so fat (they are in shape though)!!!
#7 Old 08-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have cats, but Apollo (rottie) loves eating blackberries...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page