So What's the craziest thing your pet has ever eaten? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 08-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Ohhhhhh, how I wish I had taken aidansmom's advice and stopped reading.

But I guess it's not really any grosser than when the cats drag certain things out of the bathroom trash and try to eat them or carry them in next to the food dish, which I think has happened to many of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Colored pens. Colored poop. Tom has an ink-pen fetish, you really have to watch where you leave them ....
#63 Old 09-26-2006, 06:11 AM
Veggie Regular

My exwife and I had a dog named Bexley.

He had a voracious appetite unlike I have ever seen. This dog was ALWAYS hungry. It really freaked me out.

He suffered from separation anxiety worse than any dog I have seen in my life. The list of things this dog chewed and ate while we were gone (and even when we weren't, now that I remember it) is endless.

He, too, treated the litterboxes as his own personal buffet table, and loved to scrum down delicious cat vomit, hairballs, you name it.

To be blunt, the dog was not right in the head.

You should also know that my ex had a thing for Winnie The Pooh (the classic Pooh from EH Shepard illustrations, not the crass Disneyfied version) and was gifted some Winnie The Pooh underwear one Christmas.

Which Bexley ate and, here comes the crazy and ironic part, "poohed" out the next day.

Cheers!

TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
DLS
Veggie Regular

After a liftime of living with pets I have seen some really disgusting end results LOL of things our pets tend to eat at times. I guess pets are FLEXETARIANS!
#65 Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 AM

My mom had a dog named Goofball (very appropriately named) who managed to get a hold of the bottom half of her false teeth. She had taken it out to take a nap, and left it laying on her coffee table. She later woke to find her teeth missing, and determined that Goofy was the culprit when she caught him carrying her teeth through the kitchen. He had eaten a piece of the right side. She found that in the backyard the next day...
#66 Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 PM

Dogs: lettuce, raspberries, apples, muffin paper (I had set it on the floor beside me when I gave her a muffin and she ate the paper before I could stop her)

Cats: sunflower seeds, frog food (Wardley Reptile food), chip dip made from sour cream and other things, ice, frozen peas, potato flakes, string, Easter grass

Frogs: my finger (he tried to eat it, anyway!)
#67 Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

My dog Casper ate a coaster once. I noticed it was missing but didn't know where it had gone until I found it, poop-shaped, in the yard a couple days later.

She also steals tissues and paper towels, so those don't go in accessible trash cans anymore. She ate the Metro section of the newspaper the other day.

And of course, lots of bunny poop. It's handy that she vacuums the stray poops for me and generally stays out of litterboxes!

My rabbit Vegas has a pen in my bedroom. My boyfriend tossed his undies on the floor a little too close to her pen one night and found them full of holes the next morning!
#68 Old 10-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

An undeserved sense of achievement.
#69 Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth....this is for real:

My co-worker had a boston terrier last year who had to go to the vet because she was having stomach problems and my co-worker thought she had eaten some potpourri. The vet took an xray, couldn't tell exactly what was in her stomach, so they did exploratory surgery. When they were done, they called my co-worker to tell her to come to the office to check on her dog. When my co-worker got to the vet's office, they took her into the back room where they had a sheet covering a small table. They removed the sheet and there, lined up on the table were several items: a paper clip, a condom wrapper, a rubber finger (from work), half of a tiny plastic doll, a button, and the top to a pen...no potpourri. They were hysterical laughing. The dog was fine for a while after that.
#70 Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Havoc hasn't really eaten anything outlandish.

However, a couple yrs ago there was an Irish Wolfhound that made the news. He was constipated and hadn't pooped for a couple of days so the owners took him to the vet. The opened him up and found 13 stuffed animals in his stomach. Crazy dog!
#71 Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Time to revive this thread because Casper struck again.

She ate my cargo shorts a few days ago: http://www.deitchley.com/blog/2007/08/31/318/, which resulted in my panicking and a very cool radiograph: http://www.deitchley.com/blog/2007/08/31/319/

She didn't need surgery (so far anyway), and I keep following her around and examining what comes out. I've seen a lot of fabric come out but haven't seen the zipper yet!
#72 Old 09-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAmy View Post

Time to revive this thread because Casper struck again.

She ate my cargo shorts a few days ago: http://www.deitchley.com/blog/2007/08/31/318/, which resulted in my panicking and a very cool radiograph: http://www.deitchley.com/blog/2007/08/31/319/

She didn't need surgery (so far anyway), and I keep following her around and examining what comes out. I've seen a lot of fabric come out but haven't seen the zipper yet!

Wow, that's a pretty impressive feast! What kind of dog do you have?

Let's hope she pulls through, so this can be something you can look back on and have a good chuckle
#73 Old 09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

my dog was chewing a corner of the wall, there's a big patch of missing drywall etc. yum. we now spray bitter apple on every corner and along all the moldings. she also was chewing the paint off the window ledge. bitter appled that.

the cat box.. eugh. it's kept in the basement and she's not allowed down there but sometimes if i leave her unattended she sneaks down. next thing i know she's jumping in my lap to give me kisses and her breath smells like cat pee. she's more likely to eat the litter itself than the poo. though today i left her alone for a half an hour while i ran to the store, came back to a halfchewed cat turd on the floor. mmm.

she was worse when we first got her and she was teething. she chewed corners of pillows, our clothes (while we were wearing them sometimes), shoes, etc. i'd find her with wierd objects all the time. we learned pretty quick to keep things out of her reach and just how high she can reach and/or jump.

and before we got rid of our spare bed she would crawl under and pull the stuffing out of the boxspring and eat it. she eats kleenex if we leave them in reach, i've caught her with chunks of insullation from the basement, she's shredded used 'feminine products' much to my husband's dismay (we bought a lidded trash can for the bathroom and that put an end to that) she even took one onto our bed and hubby caught her... eating the blue gel-type stuff out of the centre, left a big blue stain on our bedspread.

as for non-destructive things, we don't give her people food except for the occasional carrot which she loves. but months ago hubby gave her a teeny piece of a potato chip to see if she'd like it. she didn't, she licked it once and made a face and wouldn't go near it again. but ever since if she hears a chip bag rustling she comes running. we keep reminding her she doesn't like chips and yet...

then there's the cat who has EATEN headphones. he loves the wires on headphones/earbuds. one time i was freaking out cause i found bits of a pair of earbuds all over the floor, the plug, one bud, and bits of the cord but was missing the other bud. i thought for sure he swallowed it and it'd cause a blockage and require surgery. i found it eventually, he had scattered the parts all over the house. big relief there.

he used to chew on the cord for the computer mouse too, especially when we were using it, a wiggling cord is just too tempting. we bought a wireless one he loves loves loves anything tomato-based. you can't leave tomato soup or sauce unattended. if i have to go to the bathroom or something and am eating something tomato-y i stash it in the microwave while i'm gone cause it's the only place it's safe

oh and when he was a kitten and i was still an omni, i was sitting on the couch eating dinner in my lap and he was sleeping beside me. i got distracted watching tv and suddenly looked down in time to see him taking a whole chicken breast off my plate. it was as big as him! i grabbed the other end of it and he just wouldn't let go. he had a deathgrip on it and started growling at me lol. i had to pry it out of his mouth.

they've both been known to chew corners of books, and the ends of the broom!!

oh and i have a friend who used to have this cat named Spagetti. the reason for the name was we were at a friend's house whose cat had kittens. we sat down to eat dinner, spagetti, and one of the kittens managed to climb out of my friends lap onto the table, and proceeded to sit in her plate and eat her spagetti. she got totally covered in sauce. it was so cute and funny that she decided to adopt the kitten and name her Spagetti. over the years though it got shortened to "Sketti" cause it was just easier to say and it really suited her. she was very skittish. skittish, sketti... it works.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#74 Old 09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

- $12 - a $10 bill and two $1 bills....I found them later in the yard, bleached them, and turned them into the bank for new bills

- Two handfuls of small rocks - she threw these up in small doses over a day or two (vet consulted...no damage to her)

- Approx. 1/4-1/2 of a full sized bath towel (vet consulted...she threw it up with no damage to her over a couple of days)

- Green tomatos....climbs up into my raised garden and eats them right off the plants

- Anything she can get off the counter when my back is turned (napkins, butter, veggies, fruit...ANYTHING)

- Entire blister pack of heartworm preventative (vet consulted...vomiting induced, no damage to her)
#75 Old 09-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawngirl View Post

- $12 - a $10 bill and two $1 bills....I found them later in the yard, bleached them, and turned them into the bank for new bills

Are you serious?
#76 Old 09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

One of our dogs loves to eat what we now refer to as 'Kitty Roca'. Cat turds seasoned with tasty grey sprinkles that taste somewhat like salty clay (cat litter). We had to put a baby gate up to prevent her from reaching the cat box.

My cat stole my oreo when she was a baby. I had it on my plate and I reached for it while sitting on my bed, but she grabbed it in her little jaws and RAN her bum down the stairs. I had to chase her around the house to get it back. She didn't actually eat it, but it was pretty silly.

The same cat (who's known for eating things she isn't supposed to) swallowed so much thread she had to get it surgically removed.

The same cat two years later swallowed a bit of string with a needle tied to the end of it that was laying in my brother's room. That nearly killed her, again, and since then we've been even more careful with what we keep in the house.

I brought one of those big ballons with a rubber band attached to it. The things you punch and they bounce. The first hour it was on the couch, she decided to eat the rubber band, something I definitely was NOT expecting x.x It passed through her system, luckily.
#77 Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Lilly had a phase where she would dig up dirt and eat it. That's the weirdest thing. She has chewed up so many things. She has chewed up the cement around the wood stove. That's got to be the craziest thing. Overall her favorite thing to eat is bugs. She likes to eat moths, grasshoppers, ants, locusts, and whatever else she can sneak up on or jump up to get. She does like a cat does too and playes with her bug with her paws before she finally eats them. It's the cutest thing really.

Today she chewed off the end of a flashlight. It was covered in rubber. She doesn't eat it this time but normally she will. I came into the living room and there were black peices of it littering the floor.

Rowdy my other dog likes to chew on small celifane wrappers from things. He doesn't eat them though. He puts them on his front paw and naws on them until they turn in to squares. Perfect squares. I have no idea how he gets them in to that shape but he does. It's amazing to see it.

Rowdy is also the paper plate eater. If he sees that one is in the trash or you accidently leave one on a table he'll get it and eat it. Originally I thought it was Lilly doing it. No it was him. He would chew it up and leave the mess by Lilly. He's sneaky.
#78 Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 PM
AJH

A lizard. We have these little tiny lizards right outside of our house and the minute I take my dog out he is looking for them. They are usually really quick and he can't catch them, but he got one the other day and ate it. I was so grossed out. The poor little tail was just sticking out of his mouth. I never though he would actually catch one. Now I hold him back and let them run away. LOL
#79 Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snownose View Post

Are you serious?

Yeah, unfortunately...I was broker than broke at the time and that was my gas money.
#80 Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

My roommate's cats aren't very interesting when it comes to food. There was one time when I finished up cereal in soy milk and and I held the bowl out to one of the cats to see if she might want the rest of the milk. She sniffed at it and then looked at me as if to say "What the hell is this? This isn't milk!"

My parents' dog likes cheese and a lot of it. They'll buy Kraft singles just for her. She also likes to chew dirty underwear. When I was living at their house, I would find underwear with holes in it and Lucy looking pleased as punch.
#81 Old 09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

My cats like CheezeIts, pears, applesauce and apples... Nothing too exciting.
#82 Old 09-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

Wow, that's a pretty impressive feast! What kind of dog do you have?

Let's hope she pulls through, so this can be something you can look back on and have a good chuckle

Casper is a collie and I haven't seen the zipper yet, but she's doing fine and enjoys my following her around when she poops!

I got to hear some interesting stories from vets during the recent experience. The best was of a person looking out the window to see her dog pooping a bra! One cup was hanging out but the rest was still waiting to be pooped. She didn't recall if it was underwire.
#83 Old 09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

My hamster ate a chunk out of my little brother's trainer when he left them too close to her cage He had to get new ones.
#84 Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I've found an old watch that I thought I lost, in my dog's poo. Half of the band was gone but it was still working. It was one of those cheap ~12 dollar casios.
#85 Old 09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I have 2 cats who love spaghetti, and will lick the sauce off empty plates if you let them. Another who loves any kind of chip, cracker, or pretzel. All my cats seem to adore canned beans though - I can hardly get a can open & keep them out of it.

My youngest basset hound is a produce thief, she steals any and all vegetables from the garden. I have photos of her running thru the yard with entire cauliflower plants, melons, the whole stalk of brussels sprouts. This winter she learned that unharvested carrots were still in the ground and could be dug up and eaten.
#86 Old 09-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Beginner

I worked at a vet where a St Bernard puppy came in who ate a foot long stick.

WHOLE.

We had to surgically remove it. It still had bark and moss and everything.

My pets haven't eaten anything strange, personally. I have plenty more vet stories, if I can remember them.
#87 Old 09-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAmy View Post

Casper is a collie and I haven't seen the zipper yet, but she's doing fine and enjoys my following her around when she poops!

I got to hear some interesting stories from vets during the recent experience. The best was of a person looking out the window to see her dog pooping a bra! One cup was hanging out but the rest was still waiting to be pooped. She didn't recall if it was underwire.

A bra!!?? That's great!!!

I don't remember if I posted this already or not, but I just remembered that my cats once got into an Easter basket my mother had brought over for me. It had that plastic 'grass' in it, and my cats decided to eat it before I could get it away from them. For a couple of days, the litter box was randonmly spotted with long purple plastic pieces!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page