I can not believe the e-mail my dad sent me about his dogs - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 AM

He thinks selling dogs, trading, going to a swap and shop everyweek is so okay with dogs.Like selling pots in pans in a garage sell or something. GGRR. My dad does not have a clue!

He rescued this little mixed Pit a few days ago that is so cute. This is what he sent my sisters and me on e-mail.

He said that me and your mom are going out of town this weekend. I am leaving four water bowls for the dogs. (hello, both outside dogs and it is going to be 86 here in KC tomorrow) I plan on giving them a big meal and I will feed them when I get home Sunday night!!!???

WTF? I could not believe this. Well I could coming from my dad. He makes me so mad.

He will not let the dogs in the house for nothing and keeps them outside all the time. I am doing a drive by tomorrow and jumping their fence to feed them and give them fresh, cold water! I have done this before!

Just a rant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Is there any way that the dogs could stay with you while they are gone?
#3 Old 04-22-2006, 03:15 AM

Yes maybe. They live on a busy street. I would have to literally pick them up over the fence and take them with me. The pit does not know me that well and is kinda scared when I met her on Easter. Daisy does though. They have that stupid gate locked. I mean I would have to jump and have someone with me to help. I can jump over to feed them and give them water, but getting them home with me for the weekend, would be hard.

I know they are okay tonight, but not tommorow when it is hot!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-22-2006, 04:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Can't you call and talk to your dad before they leave?

That's gotta be frustrating. And you say he rescued this pit bull? When you rescue something it usually means you're going to take care of it.
#5 Old 04-22-2006, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Can't you call and talk to your dad before they leave?

That's gotta be frustrating. And you say he rescued this pit bull? When you rescue something it usually means you're going to take care of it.

My dad is a jerk when it comes to dogs. It would not matter what I said or if I called him. I have been round and round with this before with him. It would just be better if I did this behind his back, sad to say.

Yeah you are right, he thinks he "rescues" a dog, but he does not get the grasp of it. I am not very close to him, but I am going to try to do what I can.
#6 Old 04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Those dogs are are lucky that you are there to care for them, goettling!
#7 Old 04-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettling View Post

He thinks selling dogs, trading, going to a swap and shop everyweek is so okay with dogs.Like selling pots in pans in a garage sell or something. GGRR. My dad does not have a clue!

He rescued this little mixed Pit a few days ago that is so cute. This is what he sent my sisters and me on e-mail.

He said that me and your mom are going out of town this weekend. I am leaving four water bowls for the dogs. (hello, both outside dogs and it is going to be 86 here in KC tomorrow) I plan on giving them a big meal and I will feed them when I get home Sunday night!!!???

WTF? I could not believe this. Well I could coming from my dad. He makes me so mad.

He will not let the dogs in the house for nothing and keeps them outside all the time. I am doing a drive by tomorrow and jumping their fence to feed them and give them fresh, cold water! I have done this before!

Just a rant!

That sucks, if we leave anywhere, we have our Grandma feed our pets while were gone.
#8 Old 04-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

If you're comfortable reporting him, I'm pretty sure hes breaking some laws there. That really really sucks for you, my dad is ****ty with pets too (though sadly not illegally or I'd report him in like 2 seconds, but then I have no love for my dad for other reasons) and it makes me want to hit him.
#9 Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 AM

My dogs graciously let me live in the house with them. They also occasionally let me sleep on their bed.

Some people don't realize that a relationsip with an animal is a two way street.
#10 Old 04-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Beginner

i was gonna suggest that you report him to animal control anonymously. they're being left outside w/ no one home w/ not enough water that will probably get gross and dirty while he's gone . . .
#11 Old 04-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlghiagrl View Post

i was gonna suggest that you report him to animal control anonymously. they're being left outside w/ no one home w/ not enough water that will probably get gross and dirty while he's gone . . .

That is also a good way to get the animals killed and her dad put in jail
#12 Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

If animal control is anything like what we have here, what her dad's doing isn't enough to get him in trouble, unless they're actually out of water when the officer stops. A weekend isn't enough time for it to get that gross and dirty.

I'm glad those dogs have you, goettling. Just be careful about jumping the fence if the one is scared and doesn't know you well.

Sounds to me like your dad sent the e-mail just to get under your skin. Why wouldn't he ask if you could keep them for the weekend or give you a key to the gate otherwise.

Would he consider getting them a kiddie pool if you suggested it or letting them have one if you brought it? That way they'd have plenty of water to drink and cool off in. They don't cost much. I've seen them for $5 or $6.
#13 Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

If animal control is anything like what we have here, what her dad's doing isn't enough to get him in trouble, unless they're actually out of water when the officer stops. A weekend isn't enough time for it to get that gross and dirty.

I'm glad those dogs have you, goettling. Just be careful about jumping the fence if the one is scared and doesn't know you well.

Sounds to me like your dad sent the e-mail just to get under your skin. Why wouldn't he ask if you could keep them for the weekend or give you a key to the gate otherwise.

Would he consider getting them a kiddie pool if you suggested it or letting them have one if you brought it? That way they'd have plenty of water to drink and cool off in. They don't cost much. I've seen them for $5 or $6.

I took care of the situation this weekend. The dogs are fine. The one that is scared is only a pup. Like I said, I have done this before and thank God it did not get as hot as the Mr. weather man said.

I was also wondering why he did not ask me to take care of his dogs, because he knows I will in a heartbeat. Of course he sent this on e-mail and not a phone call. Ya just have to understand that we have like a fried egg of a relationship. He gives me crap and thinks that I am "dirty" for having my cats and dog in the house. Whatever. He is such a jerk and not worth my time. Many reason, besides the dog issues.

Also if I remember right, animal control has been called on him before. He just gets by and nothing is done. I mean my dad does have a big back yard and all, but that does not make up for the fact that he abuses them. The sad thing is that he does not see it that way and thinks that they are always okay.

On a rare occasion he will put them in the garage if the weather is bad. Whatever. Kiddie pool lol .He would never.
#14 Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

Those dogs are are lucky that you are there to care for them, goettling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Excellent idea! Also, do they have any shade at least? Maybe you could get them a dog house while your dad is out of town. I doubt he'd throw it out once it's already there. What a sad situation. At least they have each other. Some people leave thier dog out completely alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page