Little Grub worm type thing. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Beginner

I found an acorn that was beginning to sprout in a yard so I picked it up to plant it later. I forgot it was in my pocket and the shell was breaking open or seemed to be so I started picking at it and it popped open and there was a little grub or something in there eating the acorn. The dilemma is I don't know what to do with him now. If I put it outside it will freeze but I don't know what to feed it or anything to keep it alive until spring. I don't want to be the reason it dies either if I put it outside and it freezes or I keep it and I am completelly grub retarded so I have no clue what to do with him now. Anyone have a suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.sialis.org/raisingmealworms.htm

I don't know if a mealworm is the same as a grubworm, but this is what came up when I googled it.
#3 Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Beginner

Well it turns out the acorn was more of an appartment complex bacause I broke the acorn into pieces so the little guy could eat easier and there were two more of the little ones in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Saz
Veggie Regular

Aw I hope they're ok...

It reminds me of when I was little and we had the paddling pool out in the garden in summer. My brother and I spend more time fishing out flies and bugs and putting them in our 'insect hospital' to get better than swimming!! lol

How is it all going? Good luck!

Saz x
#5 Old 01-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saz View Post

It reminds me of when I was little and we had the paddling pool out in the garden in summer. My brother and I spend more time fishing out flies and bugs and putting them in our 'insect hospital' to get better than swimming!! lol

Saz x

I did the same with ladybugs. We put them on a towel and made a game out of it. We sure saved a lot!
#6 Old 01-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular

My first guess is that maybe you should pick up a few more acorns so their food supply does not run out. You run the risk of picking up more grubs this way, too, though.
#7 Old 01-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Beginner

Well I found out they like my oatmeal because we always fed meal worms oatmeal and they are getting rather chubby to be so small lol. But they are in a little dish in my room all warm and cozzy and eating like horses.
#8 Old 01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I wish you the best of luck with your grubs. I sure hope that they thrive.
#9 Old 02-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Beginner

I need a new container for them lol they are starting to escape from the one they're in but it is just like a saucer with higher sides lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page