gift ideas for dogs - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to give Abbie something special for Christmas. Abbie is my good friends' companion dog. She is medium sized. I'd like to spend no more than $15-20. I'd like it to be somewhat unique so that it's memorable...KWIM? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Baby Love

Memorable for the dog or the owner? My dogs only care about presents that they can eat, chew on, lay on, or run/swim around with.
#3 Old 12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Jinga, that's perfect...out of the things that your dogs like to eat, chew on, lay on, or run around with, which are the most unique?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Everything will look unique once the dog tears into it.
#5 Old 12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

Jinga, that's perfect...out of the things that your dogs like to eat, chew on, lay on, or run around with, which are the most unique?

Hmmm. They've chewed up some pretty weird stuff. Personally, they love getting a new fluffy bed. They also love those Kong toys that you can put treats or peanut butter inside. Jake loves stuffed animals, but Addie devours them. A lot depends on the personality of the dog. If you like to bake, I have a doggy treat recipe that my dogs adore. My mom makes it for them and Jake and Addie are her best buddy for days afterward.
#6 Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

Everything will look unique once the dog tears into it.

Exactly! You should see what a dog bed looks like after its been split open and the stuffing is scattered around the living room. I had to admire her consistancy, though. It was an even 1 inch layer of fluff.
#7 Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Well.since the dog does not really know it's the holidays..don't fret about a holiday theme gift : )
#8 Old 12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Baby Love

I have another idea, in case you don't want to bake. How about finding/making a cute 'cookie jar' specifically for doggy treats. You can go to one of those dog bakeries and fill it with special treats. The stomach is definately an easy way to a dog's heart
#9 Old 12-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

Hmmm. They've chewed up some pretty weird stuff. Personally, they love getting a new fluffy bed. They also love those Kong toys that you can put treats or peanut butter inside. Jake loves stuffed animals, but Addie devours them. A lot depends on the personality of the dog. If you like to bake, I have a doggy treat recipe that my dogs adore. My mom makes it for them and Jake and Addie are her best buddy for days afterward.

I wouldn't mind baking. Is the recipe vegan?
#10 Old 12-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Baby Love

Quote:

I wouldn't mind baking. Is the recipe vegan?

I think so.
#11 Old 12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually pick up some Nylabones for Aidan and Princess http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1134499379443

They have different ones, and with a quick check you'll see which ones are vegan! I just got them some banana ones (they were cornstarch based and dissolve more quickly than regular nylabones) and they sat and worked on those things for at least an hour- nothing would have distracted them!

It's so nice you're giving your friends pooch a present too. We always exchange dog/cat gifts with our friends too

ETA- One of my friends gave me these bake at home treats for Aidan a couple years ago and he loved them ( it was either apple and oats or molasses)! They make other treats too that are vegan ( vegetable, peanut butter, and molasses ) they should carry them at PetSmart -http://www.waggintails.com/store/DisplayProduct.php?sku=BBDT-001
#12 Old 12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I think so.

Then I'd love the recipe!
#13 Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Baby Love

Quote:

Then I'd love the recipe!

I posted it for ya

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...04#post1110604

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page