Woman marries snake...(loving animals too much?) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw this: http://sify.com/news/offbeat/fullstory.php?id=13974298

When I read it I misread the word "solemnised"! Cobra - brown snake?

Any other strange animal weddings anyone know of?

Tribal girl wants to marry a cobra!

By Bibhuti Mishra in Bhubaneswar

Saturday, 29 October , 2005, 09:27

People are thronging an Orissa village to have a glimpse of a girl who insists on marrying a snake!

A few days back Kusum,15, of Kaliaguda tribal village about 60km from the district headquarters of Malkangiri had gone to bathe in the river Saveri nearby. While bathing she found a cobra getting wrapped around her.

Panic-stricken Kusum shook the reptile off and fell unconscious after that. When she became conscious again, she told her father Bhagaban Nayak and family that she has to marry the cobra.

Her family members dismissed Kusums statement. But to their surprise they started sighting the cobra often.

Meanhwhile, Kusum kept her demand on and wanted her marriage with the cobra solemnised.

Kusum's father first took her to a medical doctor and later to a witchdoctor. A rigorous rituals-laden puja of the cobra followed but to no avail. Kusum refused to back of from her demand. .Finally her father Bhagaban appears to have relented. "May be it is the wish of the God,"he says.

But as people came in hundreds to have a glimpse of Kusum and the cobra, the snake has vanished. But Kusum says that the cobra keeps on appearing to her in her dreams.

Some old tribal men believe that there is a Cobra-God on the banks of the river Saveri. He has rescued many men from drowning in the river. The tribal community has now come to believe that the girl would marry the cobra and live in the river!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Seems there is a bit of it about: http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpag...655555,00.html

Hubby does it doggy style

Phnom Penh - A newlywed Cambodian husband caught by his wife in bed with the family dog angered her even more by proclaiming his love for the dog and asking for a divorce.

Police said the 24-year-old husband was found by his shocked 20-year-old wife in a passionate embrace with the dog, a two-year-old mongrel *****.

The wife became even more upset when the man confessed he loved the dog more than her, district police chief Tuon Dorn told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa from Kampot province, about 140km southeast of the capital.

"When we arrived, the husband told us, yes, of course he did it. But as police, we could only solve the problem of his wife then wanting a divorce. We cannot solve the problem of his relationship with his dog, because under Cambodian law it is not strictly illegal," Tuon Dorn said.

"It is amazing, but this husband is not crazy. It seems he is a passionate human being who looked at a dog, and the more he looked, the more passionate he became."

In Buddhist Cambodia, dogs are regarded as one of the lowest animals, leading police to withhold the names and exact location of the village to protect those involved.

Police said the man had since left his wife and moved back home with his mother. The whereabouts of the dog was unknown. - Sapa-dpa
#3 Old 11-03-2005, 07:36 PM

I had a dream about a snake last night! It was a nice one. Funny. But I rather be married to my hubby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I love my cats so much, I'd love to marry them, but since we're all girls, I don't think we'd be able to consummate the marriage.

*this space not for sale*
#5 Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Hey, I love my cats so much, I'd love to marry them, but since we're all girls, I don't think we'd be able to consummate the marriage.

Well, you do not have to have kittens. Is gay marriage out-lawed in your state too?
#6 Old 11-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Ive heard lots of women complain that they married a snake LOL
#7 Old 11-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_art View Post

Ive heard lots of women complain that they married a snake LOL

& I've heard a few men complain they have married a female dog (I'm not saying the b word)

Not me tho.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page