My kitty might have gotten out!! =( - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I think my kitty, Nassi, might have gotten out of my house and run away!

My ex boyfriend is moving stuff into his new apartment today, so he and a couple others came to my apartment with a truck to move all of his furniture out. After they were done, he called me and asked if the cat was inside when I left. I said of course she was inside! Where else would she be? He then told me that he hadn't seen her the whole time he was there and was worried that she had gotten out. He had searched the whole apartment for her and found no trace of her. I thought this was really weird, since I let her out of my bedroom into the living room as I was leaving for work this morning, and definitely would have noticed if she had gotten out the door ahead of me. I suggested that maybe she had hidden when she heard a bunch of people coming into the apartment, and perhaps sneaked out the open door while they were moving something.

I came home from work for an hour and searched for her, and she was indeed nowhere to be found. I hope she is not dead somewhere, because I know that sometimes when cats are sick they will go hide somewhere and die. Unless she hid somewhere and died (which is a horrible thought) she's probably hiding outside somewhere, scared out of her little kitty mind!

She has a microchip, but I sent in the chip registration only a week ago, so I didn't know if it's been processed or not. I'm afraid I won't be able to get her back.

Any tips or suggestions on how to find her?

Please send prayers and good vibes/thoughts for the safe return of my kitty.

"I remember the days when we talked for hours/And we were young, we thought we had superpowers/We weren't our problems, our age or our paychecks/And we weren't taking anybody's $h*t."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, one thing would be to take a dish of her cat food and put it outside, and then wait nearby and see if she comes for it. This may just attract strays, too, since you live in an apartment building. Call the local animal shelters, and put up signs.
#3 Old 07-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegbunny83 View Post

I think my kitty, Nassi, might have gotten out of my house and run away!

My ex boyfriend is moving stuff into his new apartment today, so he and a couple others came to my apartment with a truck to move all of his furniture out. After they were done, he called me and asked if the cat was inside when I left. I said of course she was inside! Where else would she be? He then told me that he hadn't seen her the whole time he was there and was worried that she had gotten out. He had searched the whole apartment for her and found no trace of her. I thought this was really weird, since I let her out of my bedroom into the living room as I was leaving for work this morning, and definitely would have noticed if she had gotten out the door ahead of me. I suggested that maybe she had hidden when she heard a bunch of people coming into the apartment, and perhaps sneaked out the open door while they were moving something.

I came home from work for an hour and searched for her, and she was indeed nowhere to be found. I hope she is not dead somewhere, because I know that sometimes when cats are sick they will go hide somewhere and die. Unless she hid somewhere and died (which is a horrible thought) she's probably hiding outside somewhere, scared out of her little kitty mind!

She has a microchip, but I sent in the chip registration only a week ago, so I didn't know if it's been processed or not. I'm afraid I won't be able to get her back.

Any tips or suggestions on how to find her?

Please send prayers and good vibes/thoughts for the safe return of my kitty.

Is this the one you didn't have spayed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww, I hope she comes home quickly. This is a scary weekend for a pet to be outside.
#5 Old 07-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspoet View Post

Is this the one you didn't have spayed?

She got spayed already, the same time she got microchipped.

ETA: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=38486
#6 Old 07-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I hope your kitty comes back soon. Please keep us updated.
#7 Old 07-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

you mean your cat is never allowed outside usually? maybe she wanted to get some freedom
#8 Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Did you look behind appliances and so on? Scared kitties have been known to squeeze into really small spaces. My brother rescued a feral cat who spent several days inside the bottom of a dishwasher... I've heard of them getting behind washer/dryers and fridges, too...

I hope you find her!

Also -- it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and call whoever you contact with the microchip thing -- if you aren't registered yet, maybe they can expidite the registration...

Good luck!
#9 Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh no, I hope your kitty is ok and you find her soon!
#10 Old 07-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for all the helpful tips, we finally found her! I'm not really sure where she was hiding, but she was in the house the whole time. She gave us quite a scare, and is now acting like nothing happened! :P It's really weird because she's never done that before- she usually comes running up to the door when I come home.

And yes, my cat is spayed and microchipped, thanks.

*hugs the kitty*

"I remember the days when we talked for hours/And we were young, we thought we had superpowers/We weren't our problems, our age or our paychecks/And we weren't taking anybody's $h*t."
#11 Old 07-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay! I'm so glad!
#12 Old 07-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepingbird View Post

you mean your cat is never allowed outside usually? maybe she wanted to get some freedom

Glad you found your kit!
#13 Old 07-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegbunny83 View Post

Thanks for all the helpful tips, we finally found her! I'm not really sure where she was hiding, but she was in the house the whole time. She gave us quite a scare, and is now acting like nothing happened! :P It's really weird because she's never done that before- she usually comes running up to the door when I come home.

And yes, my cat is spayed and microchipped, thanks.

*hugs the kitty*

That's quite a big relief! I'm so happy for you and that your kitty is safe and sound.

*this space not for sale*
#14 Old 07-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Glad you found her. And that she wasn't outside. Like someone else said, she must have found a kitty-sized hole behind an appliance.
#15 Old 07-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepingbird View Post

You mean like a 2 year old kid who wants freedom and runs away from home. That kind of irresponsible freedom? On the 4th of July Weekend, when more animals are abused than all other holidays combined?

I would hope pet owners have more sense than to purposefully let their cats outside this weekend.

I'm glad kitty was found safe, inside the house!
#16 Old 07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

kpickell, beepingbird lives in the UK.
#17 Old 07-04-2005, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay. Vegbunny's in the US, because that's the first thing I checked when I heard her cat might have gotten out. It's a scary weekend for outdoor animals in the US.
#18 Old 07-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Veggie Regular

It's really that bad? Eep. It's my first 4th in the US. I'll make sure to keep the cats inside at night, though they usually go out. In fact, I'll go check on them now...
#19 Old 07-04-2005, 04:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

It's really that bad? Eep. It's my first 4th in the US. I'll make sure to keep the cats inside at night, though they usually go out. In fact, I'll go check on them now...

I suppose it depends on where you live, but yes more animals get lost around the 4th of july than any other time in the US. A lot of animals are scared of the noises and freak out, and many others are victim to pranks involving fireworks which is never pretty.
#20 Old 07-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular

'You mean like a 2 year old kid who wants freedom and runs away from home.'

unlike a 2 year old, a cat has instincts.anyway,i'm in the uk & over here it is the norm to let your cat roam around.my cats come & go as they please & nothing bad has ever happened to them - obviously its not the case in the u.s

anyway, glad you found her.
#21 Old 07-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

When kitties get "lost" inside our homes, I wonder if they're watching us looking all over for them...and laughing. "What's all the fuss about, I'm over here in this new sleeping spot taking a nap." heh

I'm glad your kitty is ok. Whew!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page