I'm going to be volunteering with a local group! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Ryan and I went shopping last weekend, and there was an adopt-a-thon going on outside Petsmart. We walked up to give the dogs and cats some petting and scritches, and I spent about fifteen minutes with a lovely spitz mix named Princess that I desperately wanted to take home. ^^;;

We haven't finished fencing in our backyard yet, though, so we have to hold off on that. (Not that we would want the dog to live outdoors, but it's a safety precaution for those outside bathroom breaks.)

Anyway, while I was giving attention to sweet Princess, I started talking to the volunteer that had her out, and I mentioned that I'd like to volunteer. She immediately called over the woman that runs the group, and she seemed really happy at the thought of having another volunteer, so she gave me a card and I should be able to start volunteering soon.

They aren't doing any fostering right now, they just work with the pound, trying to get the dogs and cats adopted. (It's a kill shelter, unfortunately.) They do two adoptathons a month at Petsmart and some other activities. I'm excited!

The only downside is that I will want to take them all home with me. ^^;;

Overall, though, I'm happy. I've been wanting to do some volunteer work with homeless dogs and cats for awhile, and I'm glad I found an opportunity to do so. (And I hope that someone adopted Princess, because she was such a sweetie. Her former owners turned her into the pound because they were moving.) *sigh*

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-06-2005, 03:17 PM

Ceryna! I think that is terrific!
#3 Old 05-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

That's awesome! You'll love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page