Do Your Pets Sleep In the Same Bed As You Do? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#1 Old 12-10-2016, 12:30 AM

Do Your Pets Sleep In the Same Bed As You Do?

Min usually starts the night out but rarely sleeps all night with me. And Lulu likes to lay with me in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-10-2016, 05:14 AM
imagineaa

Cats, yes. My younger cat has now adopted the go-to-bed routine that my deceased cat used to do.

I go to bed first. She lays next to me and purrs for about 20 minutes. Then she moves to my husband's spot and I am not allowed to touch her while she holds vigil for him. When he gets there, she stands up and insists on a few neck rubs, then moves back to her spot by me.

She gets up and down throughout the night.

Then in the morning she is near the bedroom door holding vigil for me to get up. While I am brushing my teeth, she chases her tail.

Then we go to the kitchen and waits for me to be done making espresso. It is now time for me to offer her a treat, which she refuses about half the time, but won't leave me alone until I offer it. She eats, drinks and then sits next to me while I drink espresso.
#3 Old 12-10-2016, 10:41 AM

My cat does like to sleep in my bed - exactly in the middle of the blanket so that I only have a tiny bit of blanket to keep me warm. Additionally he often gets up at 3 or 4am in the morning and meows until I wake up and let him out of the room. I will still always let him sleep in my bed because it's just so comforting

Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Me and my dog Lilly tried that arrangement but seems I toss and turn too much for her liking so I got her her own bed. She always stays in my room with me at night though.
#5 Old 12-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Sometimes my cat (only animal we have) does, and sometimes he does his own thing.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#6 Old 12-14-2016, 02:56 AM
Veggie Regular

My boy usually sleeps on my bed, unless it's too hot. He has a bed, but he seems to prefer the cooler floor for those nights. As a puppy, I managed to teach him to sleep in one section of my bed, on "his" pillow. Sometimes if it's cold, he'll sleep closer to me, but usually still half on his pillow. He moves his legs a lot in his sleep, so if he is bothering me, I can nudge him and mumble "go to your pillow" and he'll get completely on it. I don't remember intentionally teaching him that, but I'm very thankful for it. He's only 20lbs, but he sleeps on his side with his (long) legs outstretched, so he takes up quite a bit of room on the small bed.
#7 Old 12-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Plant Powered

My husband and I are fortunate to be the proud parents of four wonderful cats, two of whom are rescues, and one of the most joyous moments in life is when they all decide to pile on the bed together with us. It's rare, and fleeting, but when it happens, it's pretty special ^_^ Other than that it's usually one or two of them on there at a time, but they all love to cuddle
Thalassa and VeganWytch like this.
#8 Old 12-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Impeach the gangster

I don't mind my cat and dog sleeping with me, but when they bring with them peanut-butter and crackers, it's a touch annoying.
Tom, Purp, Symondezyn and 1 others like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#9 Old 12-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Baby Love

No. My husband is lucky he gets to sleep in the bed with me.
Purp likes this.
#10 Old 02-07-2017, 02:21 PM

newxt to me or betweem my boyfriend and me
#11 Old 02-08-2017, 01:43 PM

Our littlest chihuahua sleeps with us; he has epilepsy and it's an easy way for us to keep an eye on him.

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
#12 Old 02-08-2017, 08:00 PM
person

One dog and one cat do. One cat and one dog don't.

When we had 4 dogs and 4 cats it could be a problem as 3dogs and 3 cats thought they should sleep on our bed.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#13 Old 02-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Bandit

I've always let cats sleep with me and my mother lets dogs sleep with her. I'm a cat person, my mother is a dog person, but we like to sleep with our animals. The only reason I don't right now is because my roommates dog attacks cats, and the cats are safer in their own room than on the other side of the house around human bedrooms. Otherwise I would.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#14 Old 02-16-2017, 03:30 AM

My cat sometimes does, but dogs nope, but that will change when I move out :P
APhilosophicalGent likes this.
#15 Old 02-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

One of my cats sleeps next to me most every night. she loves to rest her head on my torso, but gets annoyed if I want to roll over! She will hop down and back up throughout the night. My other cat is a recent addition and he doesn't quite get along with her yet, so he has to be confined to the spare bedroom until they can be fully introduced to each other :/ My hope is one day the both snuggle up to me each night!

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#16 Old 03-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Yes, one of my cats does like to curl up next to me in the middle of the night whenever she wants some love... or is simply cold (probably the latter )
#17 Old 06-20-2017, 04:03 AM

Yes my dog used to sleep on my bed. Miss her There's something very comforting, in a primal way, about having pets around your sleeping space.

I'm guessing in ancient times, while we slept, dogs wouldve protected us from wolves/bears/enemies (or at least alerted us) and warmed us.
#18 Old 06-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, one of our little ones curls up on the bed. Not sure why the other one doesn't.
#19 Old 06-22-2017, 01:10 AM
person

The dog does but the cats only do when it is cold. Basically they sleep where they want to.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#20 Old 12-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesprinkles View Post
Min usually starts the night out but rarely sleeps all night with me. And Lulu likes to lay with me in the morning.
Alice likes to sleep in the bed when my wife and I are not in it. But as soon as my wife and I are in bed she likes to get in her bed by the window. My wife and I have tried many times to get her to sleep in the bed with us. But she likes to sleep in her bed by the window so she can look outside at night LOL.
VeganWytch likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#21 Old 12-05-2017, 11:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to cassafrassy
I have two cats, and they both love to cuddle up to me when I sleep. The younger one (Nermal, male) likes to curl up behind my knees when I'm sleeping on my side, and the older one (Bowie, female) likes to lay at my feet, or curled up against my chest when I'm sleeping on my side.

On a side note, Nermal is currently sitting on my arms, making it very hard to type. lol
AspiringBuddha likes this.
#22 Old 12-05-2017, 07:56 PM

I love that you have a cat named Nermal!

Lucky (so named because she was found on a busy highway by my eagle-eyed old boss even though she was barely 4 ounces) either sleeps at my feet where she has a special towel of her own to lie on, or right on my thigh.
cassafrassy likes this.

When we make compassion our barometer, we don't settle for violence on a small scale. We aspire to kindness on a huge scale. --Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
#23 Old 12-06-2017, 02:18 AM

Our dog, Zelda (7 months) starts out in my bed most nights but she gets too warm and will jump down to sleep in her own bed or on the floor. She usually jumps back up in the morning again, after my alarm goes off.
cassafrassy likes this.
#24 Old 12-09-2017, 07:27 PM

I used to have the basement room at my parents, so it was quite cold during the nights.

When my cat, Moo (in photo), was just a kitten she slept on my chest almost cuddling my boob lol! Then as she grew up she'd lay by my side, in the crook of my knees, or curled up in my arm (which is my ultimate favorite)! After moving out and into my partner's home the bed was sadly too small for her to feel comfortable in. I think the transition was too much for her.

BUT! Since we, all 3 of us, moved into our brand new home she's back to sleeping in my arms!

Live life with magic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#25 Old 12-29-2017, 11:04 PM

Not really.
#26 Old 12-30-2017, 04:10 PM

None of our dogs sleep with us. Our bed is a very high antique plantation bed. It would be bad for their backs if they jumped down.

Dennise
#27 Old 01-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have a dog. but I house sit for my sister who has a cat and a dog. The cat has its own heated bed and always sleeps there. the dog also has a heated bed but always sleeps with me. Last week it was really cold and he got under the covers! I wouldn't mind too much but he also snores.
#28 Old 01-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Yup, my dog sleeps in my bed every night
#29 Old 01-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

We don't sleep in the bed, our cat does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180108_023934685 (Medium).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	16238  
VeggieSince88 likes this.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#30 Old 01-09-2018, 04:01 PM

Yes, my wife's cat if wants to sleeps in the same bed as us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page