Do Your Pets Sleep In the Same Bed As You Do? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#31 Old 01-10-2018, 12:02 PM

I had two beagles rescued from an animal testing laboratory, and neither ever showed any interest in the human bed. I think since they were already adults when they were freed, it didn't occur to them to try. They had their own beds at the foot of ours. Every night, my husband and I would get on the floor and cuddle with them in their beds. Once we took them to a dog-friendly hotel for a weekend and they did hang out in bed with us a little.

One of those boys died almost two years ago, the other is still with us. We fostered several other dogs until we foster-failed with a girl beagle, also from a laboratory but much younger. She sleeps in the human bed about half the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM

My two cats sleep with me sometimes. One, Autumn, sleeps on me when she sleeps in the bed. Now the cat in my avatar, Salem, used to sleep by my head every night for over 15 years before he passed. Snoring away, I would reach over and pet him when I woke up from nightmares and it calmed me. I really miss him. My other cat, Foster, will sleep on my bed but doesn't really like my fan on and I have to have it on so he mainly sleeps in my bed during the day when I am not in it.
#33 Old 01-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Of course my children...er...pets...sleep in my bed with me! It used to be a lot more crowded, too, back when I had Great Danes. When more than one of them wanted up on the bed, they'd have a little discussion and then decide who won. I'm down to just four cats now, all rescues, as the last of my Danes died a few years ago and I'm not well enough for the responsibilities of having dogs. My favorite cat, Joy Noelle, sleeps on me or right next to me whenever I'm in bed, day or night. Sometimes when she's on me I REALLY want to change positions but just can't bring myself to do it because she looks so comfy the way she is!
APhilosophicalGent likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page