Doggie anyone? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I realize this is a really big stab in the dark here, but does anyone want to adopt a 4 y/o yellow lab mix in the NYC area?

My friend wanted to adopt a dog. His apartment lease says NO DOGS, so when he went to adopt one from a shelter, they wouldn't let him because his lease said he couldn't have it. He still wanted one though, and the neighbors all have dogs so its not a rule anyone follows. Into the story comes his ex-gf, who's grandma was selling her house to move into a retirement community at the end of the summer and who had a dog Bailey who they were going to get rid of at the end of the summer. My friend, wanting a dog, said let me see how she does at my place and maybe I'll keep her. She barked constantly, and once he left her alone for a few hours, and she just messed everywhere. She isn't trained well (she was kept locked in the kitchen and the gma just opened the door for her to go into the yard when she needed to go out), and she's too big (65lbs) for a cramped 1 br apt. The neighbors are already complaining about the barking after she's only over twice for one night at a time.

Jump to this week. My friend gets a call from his ex, the closing on the house moved up to Wednesday, they're gonna put the dog to sleep then. My friend says no way are you putting this dog to sleep, that he'll foster her and find her a home. This is where I come in. He can't keep this scantily trained, albiet very loving and affectionate dog, in his apartment too long. He works 8-9 hrs/day. He's going to get in trouble for the barking. He refuses to put this dog to sleep but we need to find it a home FAST!

If anyone knows anyone or wants this dog themselves, lemmie know!! I'm desperate here!! Attached are pictures.
LL
LL
LL

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope you find bailey a home.. too bad I am on the other coast...
#3 Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck finding him a home. That second picture is great! Have you posted an ad for him on petfinder yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

oh petfinder.. great idea.. yea
#5 Old 07-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww he's so cute. You know, Labs went from being one of my least favorite breeds (because of their hyper activity) to being one of my favorite breeds after fostering several of them. How terrible that they would consider euthanizing a healthy 4 year old dog. Wish I could help, but there are just too many local dogs on our waiting list.. : (
#6 Old 07-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Damn, I wish I wasn't 1500 miles away, or I'd try to convince my family to take him. Good luck finding him a good home r_c!!
#7 Old 07-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin_Sword2Sky View Post

Good luck finding him a home. That second picture is great! Have you posted an ad for him on petfinder yet?

Not as of yet.

We've contacted lab rescue, pet rescue, my friend who finds homes for everything, vets i know, my friend in animal control, my friends who work for other vets, dog owners I know, etc etc...

its been a busy couple of days!!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#8 Old 07-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, if none of those prove fruitful, I highly recommend PetFinder!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page