is that a bad thing to do? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 AM

hello everyone so i have a question

let's say i try to feed ivana a good brand dry food as her diet and see after one month if her health is gotten bad or not is that a bad thing to do?

It's just that dry food is much more convenient for me (i know very selfish)

So what do you think?

and of course there would be water

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM

I feed my cat both dry and wet food. He gets a brad called Nutrience. It's grain free and has no animal by products. Stanley was a rescue  cat and the people at the Humane Society recommended it. He loves it. It smells more like his wet food and has a different texture than the other cat foods I've seen. He was very sickly when I got him. His coat is gorgeous now and he's got so much energy I don't know what to do with him all the time.

http://www.nutrience.ca/

It's a Canadian company so you may not be able to find it where you are. I definitely  recommend I grain free all natural dry food if you are going to feed it to your cat. Cats don't need grains and in some cases it can make them really sick.

#3 Old 03-14-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbit View Post

I feed my cat both dry and wet food. He gets a brad called Nutrience. It's grain free and has no animal by products. Stanley was a rescue  cat and the people at the Humane Society recommended it. He loves it. It smells more like his wet food and has a different texture than the other cat foods I've seen. He was very sickly when I got him. His coat is gorgeous now and he's got so much energy I don't know what to do with him all the time.

http://www.nutrience.ca/

It's a Canadian company so you may not be able to find it where you are. I definitely  recommend I grain free all natural dry food if you are going to feed it to your cat. Cats don't need grains and in some cases it can make them really sick.

in here we have this brand called taste of the wild it's grain free bt she doesn't eat it

maybe in the future if i find it i could try the food that your recommend for Ivana

so do you think feeding cats an all dry grain free food is bad?

Thank you very much

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Sam, you need to stop changing her food. She needs to just stay on one. If you decide to change her food again, do it sloooooowly over a month or two and then don't change it again unless you HAVE to. She needs consistency.
sam alshebany and MrsNesbit like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#5 Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam alshebany View Post

in here we have this brand called taste of the wild it's grain free bt she doesn't eat it

maybe in the future if i find it i could try the food that your recommend for Ivana

so do you think feeding cats an all dry grain free food is bad?

Thank you very much

Not at all it depends on what your cat is used to. Like River stated. If you change it too much it can become a problem. If your cat doesn't eat for a few days it's not the end of the world as long as they are drinking water and using the bathroom. Sometimes cats are just stubborn. When she is hungry she will eat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page