Feeling very guilty - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to share and get some feedback from some fellow pet-lovers!  

The weather around our area has been terrible lately.  Freezing temps, below zero windchill, snow .... yuck!

I've been faithful in taking our pup out for at least a short walk twice a day so she can do her business, but I've been keeping her inside otherwise.  I think it's just too cold for her to be outside.  

But she gives me those "please .... I want to go outside" eyes, and my heart melts.  

I know it's just too cold for her out there, but I just feel so guilty!  

Sorry for the rambling, but I needed to share.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBB View Post

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to share and get some feedback from some fellow pet-lovers!  

The weather around our area has been terrible lately.  Freezing temps, below zero windchill, snow .... yuck!

I've been faithful in taking our pup out for at least a short walk twice a day so she can do her business, but I've been keeping her inside otherwise.  I think it's just too cold for her to be outside.  

But she gives me those "please .... I want to go outside" eyes, and my heart melts.  

I know it's just too cold for her out there, but I just feel so guilty!  

Sorry for the rambling, but I needed to share.  

Can you maybe put a pet blanket on her?

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#3 Old 12-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Impeach the gangster

My dog too is wanting to go outside despite sub-zero temps. I'm letting her out for limited periods. (She has a very thick coat of fur.) I will definitely not leave her out overnight!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

My huskies think this artic blast is quite tropical. I think they're not quite right in the head.

#5 Old 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Thanks 4everaspirt and Capstan for the input.  I love both of your avatars, by the way.  (Very much a fan of Manga and anything to do with the holidays! :) )

I've tried to put sweaters on her, but whenever I put any sort of costume or clothing on her, she just stands completely still and will not move.  I call it going dog-a-tonic.  I may have to try again though.

The one thing I can say is that when I do let it out, it's usually only for a very limited time (like you Capstan), and she's actually been ready to come in when I call her in.  Usually she will just lay on the back lawn and stare at me when I call her.  She loves her yard when she can lay out and sun.  :)

Thanks again.  Like I said, I know it's too cold, and it's better for her to be inside. but I just feel horrible because I want to let her have her time outside that she loves.

(Probably a good thing my husband and I don't have kids ... they'd be ruling the roost!  lol)

Edit:  just saw your post Wolfie.  You must have posted while I was typing.  Ooh!  You have huskies!  Such pretty dogs!  They do love this weather, though.  Our dog is a Golden and she has thick fur, and loves this weather too.  I agree with you: not quite right in the head there!   :)

#6 Old 12-25-2013, 05:37 PM

I have an "outside dog" too, who much prefers to be out enjoying the world than stuck in the house with us silly humans!  When he's not outside, he goes upstairs to bed to pout.  And I'll just say, he's been doing a lot of pouting for the last few weeks. He, too, is ready to come in after just a while now, but as soon as he's warmed up he's ready to go back out!  It gets a bit frustrating having him staring me down every 15 minute or so!  Haha.  I am making him a fleece coat so he can be out a little longer on the days it's not so frigid. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page