Ivana's haircut and ear question - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 AM

so today i took Ivana to the vet to check up on her so the groomer came and i asked him can i stay next to you and you try and shave her body i was there she hated it and she kept coming to me she was like saying "please i don't want this take me home" so i wanted to stop in the middle of the grooming bt then they finished it bt i feel really bad that i let her go through this she was terrified i am never shaving Ivana again do you guys think she hates me after this? and guys did i do a bad thing today by letting Ivana go through this? and is it wrong to shave a cat completely like bald ? would it hurt her? and is it okay if i don't shave her anymore? and how many times a day should she be combed if she's not shaved? and should i turn the air conditioning off because her body is shaved and exposed and that she might get sick or something?

and guys when i went to the doctor i asked him about diabetes testes and x ray's he said "she doesn't need that she's very young when she gets to be 5 years old we'll start taking those testes" is that right or is he saying something wrong?

and guys i forgot to ask the doctor to check if Ivana's ears are dirty and if they need cleaning can you tell me how would i know that  Ivana's ears are clean or not?

thank you so much smiley.gif smiley.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Your vet is right - there's no reason for doing a diabetes test on a young cat unless she's showing symptoms?

And why would you have her shaved? The only reason for shaving a cat is if she had developed such bad and so many tangles close to her skin that it would hurt her to try to deal with them individually.

#3 Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

There is NEVER a good reason to shave a cat unless they are very badly matted or over heating. Cats do NOT like to be ****ed with and can usually take care of their fur just fine on their own.

If you feel you want to brush her, once a day is more than enough probably.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Some long haired cats do need to be brushed to avoid matting, but once a day is more than enough.

You seem to be taking Ivana to the vet every few weeks. You should relax and allow Ivana to relax and be a cat. There's no need for constant vet visits for a young, healthy cat. It just adds a lot of unnecessary stress to her life, and stress is unhealthy.

#5 Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM

thank you guys for your help i am never shaving her again bt do you think that she hates me now after i let her go through this?

and guys sometimes Ivana lays down on a bed and then i come and lay with her when i lay there after sometime she just steps out of the bed and leaves does this mean that she hates me?
#6 Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

No, it doesn't mean she hates you. Cats like to do their own thing, and some are more independent than others. Some of my cats like to snuggle a lot, others don't, and even the ones who like to snuggle don't always want to snuggle.

Ivana does not hate you.

Some cats (and some dogs) are very conscious of their appearance and take time to adjust to something like having their fur shaved.

#7 Old 06-11-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post

No, it doesn't mean she hates you. Cats like to do their own thing, and some are more independent than others. Some of my cats like to snuggle a lot, others don't, and even the ones who like to snuggle don't always want to snuggle.

Ivana does not hate you.

Some cats (and some dogs) are very conscious of their appearance and take time to adjust to something like having their fur shaved.

bt that happened before she got her fur shaved? does it mean that she hates me and how do i know if Ivana's ears are clean or dirty?

#8 Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Her ears are probably fine unless you see her fidgiting with them. Really, she is fine. You don't need to fuss with her so much.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#9 Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Her ears are probably fine unless you see her fidgiting with them. Really, she is fine. You don't need to fuss with her so much.

okay thank you smiley.gif

#10 Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM

guys this is Ivana after the hair cut she looks very skinny is that okay?

#11 Old 06-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Yes. She's fine.

Quote:
#12 Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Yes. She's fine.

thank you :) :)

#13 Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, a shaved cat, or one whose fur is very wet, will look skinny because you're used to seeing them with their fluffy fur. That's especially true for a longhaired cat like Ivana.

#14 Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post

Yes, a shaved cat, or one whose fur is very wet, will look skinny because you're used to seeing them with their fluffy fur. That's especially true for a longhaired cat like Ivana.

your right thank you :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page