VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Companion Animals (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/24-companion-animals/)
-   -   Post Your Pets :: Volume 2 (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/24-companion-animals/136686-post-your-pets-volume-2-a.html)

karenlovessnow 07-30-2012 04:09 PM

Willow is very cute! smiley.gif

veganmitch 07-30-2012 04:22 PM

Kobe in the top of the picture, Zoe on the bottom. We just got back from a walk, they are tired! :)

danakscully64 07-30-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Awww, she looks so happy! love.gif

She is! Especially when she's inside tongue3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

she's so cute dana!

Daiya is sick :[ had to take her to the vet...whopping vet bill within the first week of adopting her just my luck -.-

when my family adopted a chihuahua he had symptoms of kennel cough two days later and we had to taking him to the vet....he had it...we have bad luck. lol that was a huge bill.

Poor Daiya!!! Hope she gets better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

SweetPea's face looks a bit like my Jack Russells' face.smiley.gif She looks so happy.

She loves it when I sit outside with her. She loves company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntreriSeraph View Post

Willow Willow Willow!

She's just over a year old. Will post more of her when I get home <3

Willow is so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmitch View Post

Kobe in the top of the picture, Zoe on the bottom. We just got back from a walk, they are tired! :)

Oh. My. Gosh. They are SO cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixie 07-31-2012 03:05 AM

smitten.gif

Puppet Master 07-31-2012 03:18 PM

05367a68_smitten.gif

tongue3.gif

veganmitch 07-31-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Oh. My. Gosh. They are SO cute!!!!!!!!!!!

They said "thanks." I think. :)

karenlovessnow 08-01-2012 04:44 PM

Kobe and Zoe = gorgeous! smiley.gif

kerryann 08-01-2012 06:38 PM

Here are my babys

My lab is 5 named Cici.  She is the best dog ever but not through any fault of my own.  My schnauzer is 11 and named Ozzie. He is really stubborn

These are my latest additions. 

I am not quite sure yet how I am going to get all four in a picture for the holidays this year.

On the left is Betty.  She is a 4 year old russian tortoise.  We rescued her this year.  She was malnourished and had inproper lights.  She is doing great now :)

On the right is Henry.  He is a 4 year old marginated tortoise.  He was well cared for but his old owner couldn't accommodate the space this growing young man needs.  He would like nothing more than to have his way with the bettuce (betty's nickname).

Werewolf Girl 08-01-2012 08:29 PM

Aww, I love them! smitten.gif

danakscully64 08-01-2012 10:20 PM

Very cute!

I need reptiles.

karenlovessnow 08-03-2012 04:00 PM

kerryann...your babies are awesome! smiley.gif

kerryann 08-04-2012 08:41 PM

love.gifThanks.  I love my dogs and my tortoises.  I have african clawed frogs, plecos, loaches and angel fish too. 

I would love to have a lot more animals but it is a challenge to keep up with the care for the ones I already have.. If I only had unlimited funds and time.. I'd rescue everything I could get. 

Tortoises- non meat eaters- are great for vegetarians because they are more than willing to eat all of the scraps from preparing veggies.  My dogs pretty much get veggies as treats too. 

BlueSkies&Rainbows 08-05-2012 10:55 AM

My Thoroughbred and ex-racehorse Devon

I just gave him a bath but he's dirty again *sigh*

Cody, my little pony man

Cody kicking up his heels :)

Isabel

All three of them together

Our chow chow, Houdini

Blossom

Clover

Puppet Master 08-05-2012 12:00 PM

Scrolling through, saying, "Oooh, pony", scroll, "Aww, how cute", scroll, "Cute", scroll...
Then all I had to see was this much and I started squealing

Bunnies get me every time.

BlueSkies&Rainbows 08-05-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Scrolling through, saying, "Oooh, pony", scroll, "Aww, how cute", scroll, "Cute", scroll...
Then all I had to see was this much and I started squealing
Bunnies get me every time.

haha yeah he's a cute little devil.

danakscully64 08-05-2012 01:06 PM

Oh, my gosh. I love all of your pets, especially the Chow Chow (looks like my Nikki did, she died in 2004) and the bunnies! Blossom reminds me of Mason, who passed away last month. Can I come over and kidnap--- I mean uh, see your pets? smiley.gif

BlueSkies&Rainbows 08-05-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Oh, my gosh. I love all of your pets, especially the Chow Chow (looks like my Nikki did, she died in 2004) and the bunnies! Blossom reminds me of Mason, who passed away last month. Can I come over and kidnap--- I mean uh, see your pets? smiley.gif

Thanks! We love our boy but it sure is a lot of work to keep that coat clean. He's definitely worth it though! I don't know why anyone would think chows are agressive; our boy is so tolerant of all my mom's daycare kids. He lets them climb all over him and pull his hair and tail and he never does anything. We've had him since he was a pup and he's such a sweet heart.

danakscully64 08-05-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies&Rainbows View Post

Thanks! We love our boy but it sure is a lot of work to keep that coat clean. He's definitely worth it though! I don't know why anyone would think chows are agressive; our boy is so tolerant of all my mom's daycare kids. He lets them climb all over him and pull his hair and tail and he never does anything. We've had him since he was a pup and he's such a sweet heart.

Oh, I know what you mean. Nikki's Mom was a purebred Chow, she had about 70% the thickness of the typical chow coat. I would have to brush her often and we would often see "tumbleweeds" of fur in the yard tongue3.gif We believe her Dad was a german shepherd, possibly purebred. Both Chows and Shepherds are known for aggression, but that dog didn't have a single mean bone in her body. She was EXCELLENT with kids (we adopted her when I was 7, I'm the youngest of 4 kids) and was overall just a happy dog. The ONLY time there was any form of aggression was the 1 time a family friend snuck through our back gate and the one time I startled her in the dark while she was eating (I thought she had heard me come outside, the back light was burned out at the time). The moment she realized it was me, she started licking my face.

Chow tongue!!

And one summer we shaved her

BlueSkies&Rainbows 08-05-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Oh, I know what you mean. Nikki's Mom was a purebred Chow, she had about 70% the thickness of the typical chow coat. I would have to brush her often and we would often see "tumbleweeds" of fur in the yard tongue3.gif We believe her Dad was a german shepherd, possibly purebred. Both Chows and Shepherds are known for aggression, but that dog didn't have a single mean bone in her body. She was EXCELLENT with kids (we adopted her when I was 7, I'm the youngest of 4 kids) and was overall just a happy dog. The ONLY time there was any form of aggression was the 1 time a family friend snuck through our back gate and the one time I startled her in the dark while she was eating (I thought she had heard me come outside, the back light was burned out at the time). The moment she realized it was me, she started licking my face.

Chow tongue!!

And one summer we shaved her

Very cute! Yeah she definitely looks like a cross between a purebred chow and a purebred german shepherd. We shaved Houdini like that this summer because he's getting older
and can't handle our 95-105 degree summers very well.

danakscully64 08-05-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies&Rainbows View Post

Very cute! Yeah she definitely looks like a cross between a purebred chow and a purebred german shepherd. We shaved Houdini like that this summer because he's getting older
and can't handle our 95-105 degree summers very well.

Our summers are the same, they're miserable. I can't wait for September/October when it cools down a bit.

Capstan 08-05-2012 05:36 PM

Green-eyed zombie-dog!

kerryann 08-05-2012 06:22 PM

All of your critters are so cute.  I love the horses, dogs and the bunny just looks so snuggly.  :)

danakscully64 08-06-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Green-eyed zombie-dog!

Zombie dog coming to eat my brains. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Pirate Huntress 08-06-2012 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Two of my lovely boys! First pic is Sirus, second is Edward. This is from a while back, they both have grown a bit.. Well Sirius more than Edward.

danakscully64 08-06-2012 01:27 PM

Dumbo Ratters!!!!!!

seashells 08-06-2012 01:44 PM

Gato:

And Beepo:

Beepo says, "Mom always eats plants...I wonder if they taste any good?"

(she loves chowing down on my herb garden)

danakscully64 08-06-2012 01:55 PM

Your cats are gorgeous!!!

seashells 08-06-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Your cats are gorgeous!!!

Thank you! Would you believe Beepo was a greasy-furred, underweight, sickly little thing when I adopted her? The shelter told me she almost didn't make it when they first got her in. I'm so thrilled she's blossomed into such a healthy cat.

Pirate Huntress 08-06-2012 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Dumbo Ratters!!!!!!

Yeah, got 3/8 dumbos in the group, the other one is Near.. He's Sirius' brother and is an agouti rex dumbo.

Sirius is a black rex dumbo but you can't really see the curls in that picture. The pics of my other rats are on another cp,

and I have a picture of Ollie sticking his head in the water lol. He was the only one that did that! The other rats

just put their paws in the water to get peas, but he's brave enough to stick his head under water.

danakscully64 08-06-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells View Post

Thank you! Would you believe Beepo was a greasy-furred, underweight, sickly little thing when I adopted her? The shelter told me she almost didn't make it when they first got her in. I'm so thrilled she's blossomed into such a healthy cat.

I'm so glad she's doing so great now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post

Yeah, got 3/8 dumbos in the group, the other one is Near.. He's Sirius' brother and is an agouti rex dumbo.

Sirius is a black rex dumbo but you can't really see the curls in that picture. The pics of my other rats are on another cp,

and I have a picture of Ollie sticking his head in the water lol. He was the only one that did that! The other rats

just put their paws in the water to get peas, but he's brave enough to stick his head under water.

I miss having rats. I may have to adopt one when I move out. I want to see the picture of Ollie in the water!