Post Your Pets :: Volume 2 - Page 18 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 779Likes

#511 Old 04-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Buddy and me

Werewolf Girl likes this.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#512 Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Impeach the gangster

You look like pretty good friends, Dave!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#513 Old 04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Two new oscar fish.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#514 Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Bentley the ferret ^_^

#515 Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM

My cutie last Halloween.

#516 Old 04-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyMom View Post

My cutie last Halloween.

Aww, you're a great tabby mommy! smiley.gif

I'm sorry but I have to post just a little more of Moe, we took him out for a walk with his harness and he was SO cute.

Smelling all the smells.

His tail is puffy here, he smelled some dog scent or something that made him nervous.

Fun fact: When Moe is on his harness he gets weirdly brave and tries to charge at every small dog that walks past, only the small ones though. He's not a risk taker I guess laugh.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#517 Old 04-08-2014, 01:54 PM

Hi, I wanted to share a picture of my chicken Lilly! smiley.gif She lives in the house with me and means so much to me too!!

I love my little girl!
I also wanted to share a picture, of my horse he's the love of my life.

My other babies include, 3 dogs, 2 rats, 3 cats and 4 other chickens. I also still live with my folks, and their critters. It's a full house. grin.gif I will share my other babies soon too! smiley.gif
#518 Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Aww, you're a great tabby mommy! smiley.gif

I'm sorry but I have to post just a little more of Moe, we took him out for a walk with his harness and he was SO cute.

Smelling all the smells.

His tail is puffy here, he smelled some dog scent or something that made him nervous.

Fun fact: When Moe is on his harness he gets weirdly brave and tries to charge at every small dog that walks past, only the small ones though. He's not a risk taker I guess laugh.gif

He's so sweet. Have you been walking him since he was a kitten? I haven't been able to walk my cat, when I put the leash on her she didn't actually start moving (see my avatar).

#519 Old 04-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessnJessie View Post

Hi, I wanted to share a picture of my chicken Lilly! smiley.gif She lives in the house with me and means so much to me too!!

I love my little girl!
I also wanted to share a picture, of my horse he's the love of my life.

My other babies include, 3 dogs, 2 rats, 3 cats and 4 other chickens. I also still live with my folks, and their critters. It's a full house. grin.gif I will share my other babies soon too! smiley.gif

Awww, it's so wonderful you have a pet chicken! Your horse is cute too! smiley.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyMom View Post

He's so sweet. Have you been walking him since he was a kitten? I haven't been able to walk my cat, when I put the leash on her she didn't actually start moving (see my avatar).

We got him when he was a teenager, about 9 months old but we didn't have too many problems getting him used to the leash.

One thing that can work is just leaving the harness and leash on for awhile in the house until she starts to get used to it, she can't play dead forever! tongue3.gif

Also you can't walk cats the way you walk dogs so the trick is to just follow them around and not pull on the leash as much as you can avoid it, that way they pretty much forget it's there and get interested in smelling the grass and looking at the birds, etc. Whenever we need to move Moe we just pick him up and carry him and the rest of the time he's really walking us.

He actually looks forward to it now, he knows where we keep the leash and as soon as we go for it he runs up all excited and meowing frantically just like the way dogs are when they realize they're going for a walk. laugh.gif

So anyway I'd recommend just leaving the harness on her for awhile and see if she gets used to it and if she's still just flopped on the floor try carrying her outside and then putting her on the ground and hold the leash gently without pulling on it at all. If she is interested in all the things there are to see outside hopefully she will just forget she's even wearing it and start sniffing around.
theheadandtheheart likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#520 Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Awww, it's so wonderful you have a pet chicken! Your horse is cute too! smiley.gif

Thank you so much! smiley.gif
#521 Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 AM
Veggie Regular

This is Isabelle my border collie / chow mix & Zeus my St Bernard! They own my heart.
#522 Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna13 View Post

This is Isabelle my border collie / chow mix & Zeus my St Bernard! They own my heart.

Aww, they have such sweet faces! smitten.gif

#523 Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM

This is Frank, she got spayed today. She isn't thrilled with me right now.

#524 Old 05-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww poor kitty. Hope Frank feels better fast. 

#525 Old 05-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie Weasel View Post

Bentley the ferret ^_^

OMG so freaking adorable! What a little personality peeking out in those pics. 

veggie weasel likes this.
#526 Old 05-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Got a NEW BABY!!! NEEDS A NAME!! 9wks Turquoise green cheek conure.
#527 Old 05-04-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:

So pretty!!
#528 Old 05-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks we are trying to name the baby. Need exotic & cute names. smiley.gif
#529 Old 05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Wow! What an unusual mixture! Such beautiful doggies smiley.gif

Here are my two rescues:
Freddie - a five year old Lab who I have had for nearly 2 years. He is my absolute soul mate 💖

And Buddy, a four year old border collie who I have had for 3 months smiley.gif. He has a rough history bless him, and has a lot of issues we are working through. Poor sod has been through more homes than he has years and spent a year of that in kennels with virtually no human interaction. So yeah, its a bit of a slowly slowky catchy monkey situation.

On a side note, Fred has a fb page which I use to try and promote rehoming. Mods im not sure if im allowed to post the link?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." - Charles Darwin
http://leighonamission.wordress.com
#530 Old 05-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Thanks we are trying to name the baby. Need exotic & cute names. smiley.gif

Maybe Chloros? It means green in Ancient Greek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcoftime View Post

On a side note, Fred has a fb page which I use to try and promote rehoming. Mods im not sure if im allowed to post the link?

Aww, sweet rescue babies! You can post the link, thanks for asking! smiley.gif

#531 Old 05-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

Phoenix?

Luna13 likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#532 Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

We have a name for our new Baby!!
Meet Oliver!!!!
#533 Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Aww, sweet rescue babies! You can post the link, thanks for asking! smiley.gif

Thanks for allowing me to post!

https://www.facebook.com/fredthelab

Can I please ask you to like and share Fred's page? He really wants to become a Kardashian, and thinks this is the way to do it :S. I tell him that's not something to aspire to, but he says he has the Kardashian hips so he must be related.:rolleyes:

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." - Charles Darwin
http://leighonamission.wordress.com
#534 Old 05-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

We have a name for our new Baby!!
Meet Oliver!!!!

Aww, what a great name! He's so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcoftime View Post

Thanks for allowing me to post!

https://www.facebook.com/fredthelab

Can I please ask you to like and share Fred's page? He really wants to become a Kardashian, and thinks this is the way to do it :S. I tell him that's not something to aspire to, but he says he has the Kardashian hips so he must be related.rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

No problem! I posted it on the VB Facebook page too for more exposure: https://www.facebook.com/pages/VeggieBoards/48025857121

#535 Old 05-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

🐣thanks! He is super sweet!🐥
#536 Old 05-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Here is a bird stand we built ourselves for Oliver so we can keep him in the same room we are in. It's on wheels! 😊🐥🐣

Oliver loved it right away!
#537 Old 05-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Impeach the gangster

That's really attractive, Luna. Does Oliver sing or talk?

#538 Old 05-10-2014, 07:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

That's really attractive, Luna. Does Oliver sing or talk?
We have only had him a week. Online said his breed is highly intelligent and good at tricks. I'm looking forward to teaching him. So far he makes minimal sounds. He is uber quiet. He loves to sit on the back of my neck and twist my long hair around him like a blanket. It's funny.
#539 Old 06-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Can someone tell me how I can post pictures again??? Since the new vamp of VB I have sadly been unable to post pictures. PM me anyone please. I have the cutest pic of my dog I want to post today and sad I can't figure it out. There used to be an icon to tap on.
#540 Old 06-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna13 View Post
Can someone tell me how I can post pictures again??? Since the new vamp of VB I have sadly been unable to post pictures. PM me anyone please. I have the cutest pic of my dog I want to post today and sad I can't figure it out. There used to be an icon to tap on.
Yeah, that's been a problem. The basic editor has like NOTHING on it and I asked if we could get the fancier editor as the default for members instead but no response yet.

Basically you just have to go to your User CP (should be in the top corner of the screen) and adjust your settings so you can see all the editor icons again.

In User CP there's an 'Edit Options' button on the side in the control panel, click that and scroll down until you get to 'Miscellaneous Options' and there should be a thing that says 'Message Editor Interface' where you can switch from the basic editor to the enhanced interface.

Once you do that all the icons should be back but it's still a little different. If you click the picture icon you can enter the URL of your image if it's being hosted from another site like imgur or something, if you want to upload a pic from your computer you have to attach it in the 'additional options' thing under the submit reply button.

Did that make sense? I rambled so let me know if it's too confusing and I'll explain it better! At some point I'm going to have to see about making a proper tutorial or actually finding a way to make the fancy editor the default one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page