Ultimate Cute/Funny Animals Thread - Page 20 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 204Likes

#571 Old 07-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

I just discovered the video version of this, even cuter!

Poor dog just tries so hard to eat his bone no matter what. laugh.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#572 Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

This poor baby has the cutest case of separation anxiety! This is the caption I found the pic with: "My wife and I got back today from a week long vacation. This is what happened when I tried to move the car so I could mow." bigcry.gif

Awww, poor doggy!!! How cute.

#573 Old 07-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

I love when the cat reaches around the bone-eating dog's head, it looks like he's trying to snuggle at first. That dog is SO determined. laugh.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#574 Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post

Nice man

There are actually people who don't like sloths. They should be sent to forced labour camps!

Fair warning: Sloth videos are highly addictive.

I find that really freaky.blush.giftongue3.gif

#575 Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

While we're on the topic of sloths... Here you have a sleepy baby sloth! I kind of want a sloth right now... Does anyone know of any sloth sanctuaries from where I can adopt a sloth?! smitten.gif

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#576 Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Awww, it YAWNED!!! I turn into such a ball of mush when I see things like this. smitten.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#577 Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

#578 Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

I'm so glad I don't have a demon cat. tongue3.gif

#579 Old 07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

I do, but I love him anyway. His needle sharp teeth digging into my hand means he loves me! laugh.gif

#580 Old 07-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I do, but I love him anyway. His needle sharp teeth digging into my hand means he loves me! laugh.gif

The more bites, the more he loves you! laugh.gif

#581 Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

The more bites, the more he loves you! laugh.gif

It's true! He only love bites or play bites, he never really bites hard. tongue3.gif

Also look, alpacas!

#582 Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

They're like giant chinchillas!

#583 Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

They're like giant chinchillas!

They are! I had no idea they liked dust baths so much, too cute.

Also:

Capstan likes this.

#584 Old 07-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I love cats on a leash. laugh.gif

#585 Old 07-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Veggie Regular

tongue3.gif That cat on a lead is hysterically funny.

#586 Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I love you!
#587 Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

POLAR BEAR BABY!!! smitten.gif

#588 Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
"When in their natural surroundings—not on factory farms—pigs are social, playful, protective animals who bond with each other, make nests, relax in the sun, and cool off in the mud. Pigs are known to dream, recognize their own names, learn "tricks" like sitting for a treat, and lead social lives of a complexity previously observed only in primates. Many pigs even sleep in ‘pig piles,’ much like dogs. Some love to cuddle and others prefer space.

People who run animal sanctuaries that include pigs note that they are more similar to humans than you would guess. Like humans, pigs enjoy listening to music, playing with soccer balls, and getting massages. Pigs can even play video games!

Pigs communicate constantly with one another. More than 20 of their oinks, grunts, and squeals have been identified for different situations, from wooing their mates to expressing hunger. Newborn piglets learn to run to their mothers' voices, and mother pigs sing to their young while nursing.

Pigs have very long memories. Dr. Stanley Curtis, formerly of Penn State University, put a ball, a Frisbee, and a dumbbell in front of several pigs and was able to teach them to jump over, sit next to, or fetch any of the objects when asked to, and they could distinguish between the objects three years later.

Biologist Tina Widowski studies pigs and marvels at their intelligence: "When I was working with the monkeys, I used to look at them and say: 'If you were a pig, you would have this figured out by now.'"

Scientists at the University of Illinois have learned that not only do pigs have temperature preferences, they also will learn through trial and error how to turn on the heat in a cold barn if given the chance and turn it off again when they are too warm.

Pigs don't "sweat like pigs"; they are actually unable to sweat, and they like to bathe in water or mud in order to keep cool. One woman developed a shower for her pigs, and they learned to turn it on and off.

Pigs have been known to save the lives of others, including their human friends. According to London's The Mirror, "a pet piglet called Pru was praised by her owner … after dragging her free from a muddy bog." The owner said, "I was panicking when I was stuck in the bog. I did not know what to do and I think Pru sensed that. … I had a rope with me that I use as a dog lead and I put it around her. I was shouting 'Go home, go home' and she walked forward, slowly pulling me out of the mud."

In addition to Pru, there is Priscilla, a pig who saved a young boy from drowning; Spammy, who led firefighters to a burning shed to save her calf friend Spot; and Lulu, who found help for her human companion, who had collapsed from a heart attack. A pig named Tunia chased away an intruder, and another, named Mona, held a fleeing suspect's leg until the police arrived.

Many pigs in sanctuaries ended up in new homes after jumping off of slaughterhouse-bound trucks and escaping, and in England, a stone carving of a pig named Butch was placed upon a historic cathedral after Butch and his friend Sundance escaped from a slaughterhouse and roamed the country for several days before being captured. Fortunately, a national outcry against slaughter allowed Butch and Sundance to go to a sanctuary."

PIGGIES!

This is so cute and also very relevant to me because I just got into a big argument with a guy who was claiming farm animals didn't have real feelings and people wouldn't breed them for food if they did.

This clearly shows that pigs feel joy and have a sense of fun. Notice that they could easily just walk into the water from the ground if they just wanted to cool off, they intentionally climb up and jump into the water because it's FUN! grin.gif
Ewe Nanny likes this.

#589 Old 07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Piggies are cute and very smart .... here is a story about a Potbellied pig smiley.gif
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/10-remarkable-animals-that-have-saved-lives/pig-dashes-into-street-for
#590 Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Those pigs are adorable!!

#591 Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 AM

I love in pets. I wish if I had one of those. I will be the happiest person in the world.

#592 Old 07-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

There are no words to describe the cuteness!!!
lavender phase likes this.

#593 Old 07-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

The Owl and the Pussycat smiley.gif

#594 Old 08-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

That was so cute! Owls and cats together seems unnatural but it clearly works for them, I kept worrying they were going to try to eat each other but they're just friends! laugh.gif

This is some more cute bird stuff, chickens who were rescued getting to stretch their wings for the first time:

#595 Old 08-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Impeach the gangster

Splash time.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#596 Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

One of my favourite videos in the world. smitten.gif
veggiefee and lavender phase like this.

#597 Old 08-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread just turns me into the most gushy person on earth grin.gif I love it!

#598 Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

smitten.gif

#599 Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigen92 View Post

This thread just turns me into the most gushy person on earth grin.gif I love it!

Me too awwww <3
#600 Old 08-17-2013, 07:33 PM

This one has always made melaugh. Two cats singing a kid’s rhyme, and one getting all POed over it, while the other one only wants to have fun...

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page