Anyone used Soft Paws? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

One of my cats is driving me totally nuts. She is an incurable carpet scratcher and nothing I've tried will deter her. She's totally destroyed a section of the carpet in my apartment and I'm getting desperate. I'm hoping that Soft Paws will save my sanity, and what's left of the carpet. The website has glowing testimonials, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had first hand experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I've helped put them on cats. The owners seem to like them except that you have to keep putting them on as they fall off. If your cat is cooperative for nail trims, or you have an extra set of hands about, it shouldn't be that hard. Its an inexpensive enough thing to try, thats for sure.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#3 Old 03-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never tried them.

My cats are bad about scratching the carpet near the doors when they're locked in thier bedroom. So to counteract that I put double-sided tape down on the carpet by the doors. It seems to work if your cat always scratches in the same place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

All of my co workers have cats and all of them use soft paws with success.
#5 Old 03-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I decided to go for it. The application process isn't nearly as easy as they make it out to be on the website. It's definatly a two person job, and if you can get a third to help, it would be best. My boyfriend held the cats while I applied the nail caps. The hardest part is trying to carefully squirt the glue into the cap without gluing it to your fingers or your fingers to the cat. I ended up with a couple tufts of fur glued to my fingers. Fortunatly, the cats do adjust as quickly as advertised. I fed both the beasts a healthy serving of their favorite wet food as soon as each was done, and they only chewed on their nails for a minute before they forgot all about them.

I laugh now when I see Bijou trying to scratch the carpet to annoy me (yes, she does it just to annoy me the little b****). Her evil plots are thwarted! Haha!
#6 Old 03-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

The application process become second nature after a while. Good job with the can of wet food! That always appeases my cat. Soon they will associate soft paws with yummy food!
#7 Old 03-31-2004, 06:33 PM

My parents said soft paws or no more cat! We have been using them for years with no trouble, although we bought our own brand of super glue because the glue they gave us had a tip that was too wide to get the glue down into the plastic claw. My mom holds him tight and he gets a treat when he's done. The vet techs are always so impressed when we bring him in, they have very few customers that use them successfully.
#8 Old 04-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I think that I'm going to have to invest in a pair of those soon....one side of my new couch is completley destroyed!!!

I'm just worried because I know they will have to put my cat out in order for them to get them on him(he's a freshie!!).

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#9 Old 04-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Can't you just get your cat de-pawed?
#10 Old 04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Schmeebis View Post

Can't you just get your cat de-pawed?

Oh trust me, when Bijou was tearing holes in the bottom of the boxspring at 3AM, I was seriously considering de-pawing her, as well as de-heading her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page