Friends Don't Chain Friends - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I got my new PETA T-Shirt in the mail today.

"Friends Don't Chain Friends: Bring Dogs Inside"

I love it.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/i-chained.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree. How do you feel about people who confine their dogs to a fenced backyard and NEVER let them inside?
#3 Old 03-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it's fine as long as the dogs owner is outside with them all the time 24/7. Dogs are social animals and don't like isolation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree. They are pack animals and want to be with their pack. It bothers me that some people I know do this. Well, they let them in the basement if it rains or is too cold. I understand the fear of the house stinking or being dirtied, but bathing them once a week (mostly) solves that problem for us.

ETA: You're not a newbie, silly.
#5 Old 03-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I think if you're going to keep an animal, you should bring it in your home and treat it as part of the family. If you're not comfortable with the concessions that requires, perhaps "owning" a pet isn't for you... Not that I want to see more animals euthanized due to lack of adopters.
#6 Old 03-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Animals don't dirty or stink up a house any more than kids. (Well, unless they've been skunked!) I want my sister to give me her dog that lives outside and gets 10 minutes of attention a day but so far have had no luck.
#7 Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I prefer animals to kids, anyway.
#8 Old 03-12-2004, 11:06 AM

Man, I thought this was going to be some sort of admonition against kinky sex. I reckon I need to stop making all these ASSumptions . . . .

#9 Old 03-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Speaking as one who donated at least one weekend a month for years to the local human shelter doing free work as a surgical tech-Please encourage anyone you meet to spay and neuter. Those who find/catch feral animals and do this are my heros.. The surgeries were good-feelings things.. The hundreds of euthansias broke my spirit. Many a night passed where sleep was hard to find. And while I hated the job, I knew someone needed to be there to do it that cared and loved them.I see dogs in rural settings where I live running "free"..free to be hit by cars, fight with other dogs and wildlife, free to get into trash/poisons/other dangers. I also see the ones chained with a visable trench carved into the ground from their back and forth pacing. Or the "ring around the tree". Some I've placed in superior homes if given the chance. Many are heartworm + and waiting for an inevitable end to a lonely existance.Treatment and attention usually yields a great friend. You all that post here... I can't say how blown away I am by all of you. Gives me hope indeed. Greatful I am to have found this place of wonderful people..Tash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page