Do your pets follow you into the bathroom? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Every single time I go into the bathroom at my boyfriend's house, his cat Max HAS to come in. It doesn't matter if I'm brushing my teeth, taking a shower, he's there. He will even bite me if I try to kick him out. He also flushes the toilet

Anyone else have pets that do this?

I took a video too He's a curious cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTY4QS1toV8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

My dog will come in if he thinks I'm going to take a shower (he loves to shower) but my cat will only come in if I'm carrying her, and shut the door before she has a chance to get out.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Your dog is a weirdo My dog freaks out when I walk her to the bathroom, she knows what's going to happen I've never had a dog who liked water. I've never known a cat to want to come into the bathroom when you're showering. Max is a weirdo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Your dog is a weirdo My dog freaks out when I walk her to the bathroom, she knows what's going to happen I've never had a dog who liked water. I've never known a cat to want to come into the bathroom when you're showering. Max is a weirdo.

My dog's name is Max! :P

He loves bathes too, when you say the word he'll sit in the shower until you give him one, and even the promise of peanut butter won't make him come out.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#5 Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

YES! Jenny is the bathroom queen and will wait outside if you go in the bathroom with the door closed. Though she prefers to follow you in.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#6 Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

See, the name explains it all

Holy crap... are you sure Max is a dog? Sweet Pea isn't too hard to bathe, but it's a little challenge to get her in the tub.
#7 Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

YES! Jenny is the bathroom queen and will wait outside if you go in the bathroom with the door closed. Though she prefers to follow you in.

If you do lock Max out, he'll scratch on the door.
#8 Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty sure Jenny could be toilet-trained (I think she wants to be). She's highly intelligent.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#9 Old 09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Not really, but Lola isn't a fan of closed doors. Since all the doors upstairs (bedroom and bathroom) don't seem to latch properly, she'll push them open.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#10 Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

See, the name explains it all

Holy crap... are you sure Max is a dog? Sweet Pea isn't too hard to bathe, but it's a little challenge to get her in the tub.

He splashes around, paws at the faucets until they turn on so he can run his head under them, and refuses to get out when we're done, which actually takes a significant amount of time because of how much he loves to take his bath.

Quote:
#11 Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Our cat is a little pervert weirdo, he'll lie directly outside the door while I'm in there and listen to every sound, it's kind of creepy

And I keep the door closed when I shower but he's always waiting outside the door and when I open it again he runs in and loves sniffing me and inhaling the steam, and he'll jump into the bathtub and lick water off the floor for some reason. He also enjoys watching me put on makeup and stuff.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#12 Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Impeach the gangster

Winkie follows me into the bathroom, but hasn't figured out the plumbing yet. She likes baths and knows better than to drink from the commode.

EDIT: Oops. I meant to say, twaa-lay.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#13 Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

He splashes around, paws at the faucets until they turn on so he can run his head under them, and refuses to get out when we're done, which actually takes a significant amount of time because of how much he loves to take his bath.

Video please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Our cat is a little pervert weirdo, he'll lie directly outside the door while I'm in there and listen to every sound, it's kind of creepy

And I keep the door closed when I shower but he's always waiting outside the door and when I open it again he runs in and loves sniffing me and inhaling the steam, and he'll jump into the bathtub and lick water off the floor for some reason. He also enjoys watching me put on makeup and stuff.

Max sometimes goes into the shower, but never when the water is on.
#14 Old 09-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yes. Every. single. time. I sometimes have all three at once. Their favorite thing to do is push the door open if I don't close it tightly enough, and even if I do, they stand there and meow and put their paws under it until I open it and let them in. I finally realized it was useless to fight it, and I've grown accustomed to bathroom party time.
#15 Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Haha yes my cat did this again last night when i went to pee and i was going to kick him out but i was like whatever, and he sat there meowing like he always does, he makes it seem like he wants to get into the shower, but he hates water whether it's bath or shower.
#16 Old 09-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Oh yes. Every. single. time. I sometimes have all three at once. Their favorite thing to do is push the door open if I don't close it tightly enough, and even if I do, they stand there and meow and put their paws under it until I open it and let them in. I finally realized it was useless to fight it, and I've grown accustomed to bathroom party time.

That's so funny! 3 cats must be interesting.
#17 Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Same here, except I keep the bathroom door open all the time so they have access to the litter box. And yes, sometimes I have 3 in there all at once. It's to remind me that it's THEIR bathroom and I'm just there under their good graces.

They also like to hang out in the bathtub, and I keep a couple of old hairbrushes around for them to play with in the bathtub.

*this space not for sale*
#18 Old 09-25-2011, 03:06 PM

My cat sleeps in my sink and if I dont close my bathroom door all the way when showering she will jump into the shower with me! She jumps into the water with me and just kinda sits there getting soaked... weirdo cat
#19 Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Ankle Biter

I have a dog bed in the master bathroom because my boy dogs won't let me do anything in there by myself. My female dog sleeps in a dog bed just outside the door. All three follow me everywhere in the house.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#20 Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I lock the door so my cats can't get in the bathroom anymore

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#21 Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

yes. i never have peace in the bathroom
#22 Old 09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Thor follows me everywhere, including the bathroom. Most times I have to trick him...walk past the bathroom so he follows and then backtrack real fast and shut the door. He will then sit outside the door crying until I come out. I don't like him in there because he has to poke at me with one claw while I'm 'sitting' there and it hurts. Otherwise if I'm going to be 'a few minutes' he wants to sit on my lap...no thanks!

And Heather...nice toes!! lol
#23 Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

via catvshuman

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#24 Old 09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

via catvshuman

Ha ha ....cool!
#25 Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

via catvshuman

I know the feeling, totally. It doesn't happen to me often, but when it does... And then they get indignant when you have to throw them off.

*this space not for sale*
#26 Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

That video is HILARIOUS!
#27 Old 09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Ira
Banned

lol, my parents cat always runs in when someone wants to take a shower. he just sits there and looks at you while you do it. i don't know what is so entertaining about it but he loves it
#28 Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, all three always follow me in, especially when I take a shower. If I don't let them in with me the dogs will start banging on the door and Lady shimmers while Frank snorts. Twinkle will sleep in the bathroom cupboards sometimes so I don't forgot to bring her in, and if I leave her out and don't bring he in she'll meow and scratch the door, and recently she learned to rattle the doorknob. Twinkle will actually dehydrate herself if I don't give her steaming hot water fresh from the shower. She'll sometimes drink a bit of ice water in the summer, but most of the time she'll only drink steaming hot water from the shower and if I don't get it for her as soon as the water heats up and go in then she'll claw and make holes in the shower curtain. The dogs usually sleep while I take a shower, and they always bring toys into the bathroom, so by the end of the day they end up with a pile of toys in the bathroom.
#29 Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Two lumps summed this up.
http://twolumps.net/comics/20040326.jpg
http://twolumps.net/comics/20040331.jpg
http://twolumps.net/comics/20040402.jpg

My cats always insist on coming with me. Usually to drink out of the sink while I do my thing.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#30 Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

My dog does this constantly. If the door is closed when I'm in the shower she freaks out and scratches the door and will lay there and cry the entire time until I open the door. Once she comes in she licks up the water off the floor and tries to lick my legs. I think she's got some nervous habit with the licking of the floor thing though. Whenever I come back home from being out she immediately runs to the bathroom and licks the floors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page