Do your pets follow you into the bathroom? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

A few of my dogs used to like to come in...

However, one girl liked to break into the bathroom to ummm....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Shall I just say that she liked to raid the bathroom bin at a certain time of the month....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartmydsm View Post

My cat sleeps in my sink and if I dont close my bathroom door all the way when showering she will jump into the shower with me! She jumps into the water with me and just kinda sits there getting soaked... weirdo cat

Sink cat! I have a picture of Max in the sink, gotta find it in my text messages my bf sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Thor follows me everywhere, including the bathroom. Most times I have to trick him...walk past the bathroom so he follows and then backtrack real fast and shut the door. He will then sit outside the door crying until I come out. I don't like him in there because he has to poke at me with one claw while I'm 'sitting' there and it hurts. Otherwise if I'm going to be 'a few minutes' he wants to sit on my lap...no thanks!

And Heather...nice toes!! lol

That's what I have to do! He's fast though (as you can see at the end of the video). I usually just cave and let him in. One thing he does to get me to open the door is push a cat toy under it and stick a paw though He did that when I locked him out of the bedroom today. Max never tried to jump on my lap, he just wants to rub on everything, including me, the trash can next to me, and the cabinets.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

via catvshuman

#33 Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

I'm surprised so many people experience this, I thought Max was just an oddball. My dog never does this (hates the tub) and I've never really had an indoor cat.

All of the stories are great! Keep sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Bathroom Sink Cat!

#35 Old 09-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Beginner

My dog always come in at night when we go up to bed - but will always check the bath first to make sure there is no water in there. He hates baths

~Earth, sky, woods, fields, lakes and rivers, the mountains and the seas, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books~
~John Lubbock~
#36 Old 09-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

A few of my dogs used to like to come in...

However, one girl liked to break into the bathroom to ummm....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Shall I just say that she liked to raid the bathroom bin at a certain time of the month....

My dog does that, except all month. Shell tear up unused stuff in addition to trash
#37 Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

three of my cats will accompany you into the bathroom... only one actually follows you in, but the others will come running as soon as they realize someone's in there, so god forbid you completely shut the door on them and they can't push it open.

they like to play in the sink, so if I turn it on for them to have running water while I'm in there (keeps them occupied and away from me), they'll take turns drinking while one of them plays in it and splashes them. it's cute, I'll have to try to get it on video. it looks like they're trying to catch the water, but they don't have thumbs.

if I don't turn on the water... one will jump in the tub and knock everything over, one will jump on my lap and try to eat my hair, and the other one will open the cabinet and pull out rolls of tp or boxes of tissues (whichever's in front) and completely wreck them. they need an audience for their antics, apparently.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#38 Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

My dog does that, except all month. Shell tear up unused stuff in addition to trash

That's what Max does. He's a trash digger. He knocks over the trash too.
#39 Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bonneau View Post

three of my cats will accompany you into the bathroom... only one actually follows you in, but the others will come running as soon as they realize someone's in there, so god forbid you completely shut the door on them and they can't push it open.

they like to play in the sink, so if I turn it on for them to have running water while I'm in there (keeps them occupied and away from me), they'll take turns drinking while one of them plays in it and splashes them. it's cute, I'll have to try to get it on video. it looks like they're trying to catch the water, but they don't have thumbs.

if I don't turn on the water... one will jump in the tub and knock everything over, one will jump on my lap and try to eat my hair, and the other one will open the cabinet and pull out rolls of tp or boxes of tissues (whichever's in front) and completely wreck them. they need an audience for their antics, apparently.

Yes, video!
#40 Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

My rabbit slides on the tile floor, so he doesn't follow me in. But he will frequently come right up to the edge and look in at me while I'm doing things. Sometimes, he'll stick his head in and sniff around, like he's trying to decide if it's safe to come in after me.

Even though he doesn't come in with me, he knows from the sound when I come out of the shower, and he runs straight to his cage every time. He knows that right after I shower and get dressed in the morning, it's time for him to get a treat and get locked in the cage for the day while I go to work. He's so excited about getting the treats that he doesn't seem to worry that it comes with being locked in.

--Fromper
#41 Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

My bunny knows feeding time too
#42 Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

My bunny knows feeding time too

Flash has a few feeding/treat times that he knows, but getting a treat right after I shower is the only one related to the bathroom, which is why I brought it up here.

He actually does the same thing when I'm in the kitchen as he does when I'm in the bathroom - comes right up the edge and watches me, but doesn't want to step off the carpet and on to the tile in the kitchen.

--Fromper
#43 Old 09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

My doggy won't go into the bathroom. That is where bath time happens! She does stand at the door and peer in though.

~Ok, she's deranged. But so, so playful.~
#44 Old 09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

My dogs seem to know if I'll be taking them a bath or not. Even if I am, they'll still follow me into the bathroom, but they'll just hide in the corner hoping I won't put them in the tub. And my cat is hilarious when they take a bath. She's the first one into the bathroom and she perches on a counter right above them and gives them a smug look while they're miserably taking a bath.
#45 Old 09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

My dogs seem to know if I'll be taking them a bath or not. Even if I am, they'll still follow me into the bathroom, but they'll just hide in the corner hoping I won't put them in the tub. And my cat is hilarious when they take a bath. She's the first one into the bathroom and she perches on a counter right above them and gives them a smug look while they're miserably taking a bath.

My cat always did that to my dog as well. In my mind I could always imagine her thinking "Haha, you sucker. It serves you right for rolling in the dirt."

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#46 Old 09-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Alainn does come into the bathroom and "talks" to me while I shower. Also she winds around my legs when I do my makeup, but the minute I bend over to pet her, she hightails it back to the bedroom. What a weirdo.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#47 Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM

lmao my cats always follow me! they get behind me on the toilet seat even when i'm doing my business.
I think they first only got interested because the door was closed. They hate that
#48 Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Gypsy doesnt seem too interested in bathrooms. But when she was a kitten she would swim in the birdbath outside. She would submerge herself in the water and splash around. Then she would get out and seem surprised that she was wet and start licking her stomach.

She seems fascinated with water, when the hose is running she steps into the flow and splashes her paws in the water.
#49 Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

This thread needs more pictures!
#50 Old 09-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Gypsy doesnt seem too interested in bathrooms. But when she was a kitten she would swim in the birdbath outside. She would submerge herself in the water and splash around. Then she would get out and seem surprised that she was wet and start licking her stomach.

She seems fascinated with water, when the hose is running she steps into the flow and splashes her paws in the water.

OMG that sounds adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

This thread needs more pictures!

Yes Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Flash has a few feeding/treat times that he knows, but getting a treat right after I shower is the only one related to the bathroom, which is why I brought it up here.

He actually does the same thing when I'm in the kitchen as he does when I'm in the bathroom - comes right up the edge and watches me, but doesn't want to step off the carpet and on to the tile in the kitchen.

--Fromper

Adorable!! Why doesn't he like the tile in the kitchen?
#51 Old 09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Adorable!! Why doesn't he like the tile in the kitchen?

Because he slides whenever he walks on tile. He'll very rarely go walk into the bathroom or kitchen, but he has to move slowly and carefully to avoid sliding. If he something scares him, and he tries to run out real quick, he ends up looking like a Scooby Doo cartoon, with his little feet running wildly, but he doesn't actually go anywhere.

--Fromper
#52 Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Sometimes my cat gets in the mood to stalk me everywhere, and must have attention from me or he won't shut up and/or trying to climb on me. That's usually when he follows me into the bathroom, but sometimes he'll do it at random. Brushing my teeth, he's up on the sink rubbing against my arm. Going to the bathroom, he wants me to pet him, or he's sitting on my lap or on the back of the toilet, if I'm in the shower he'll sit on the floor or toilet for a bit just waiting, then decide he's bored and wants to get out. Though sometimes he peeks though the edge of the curtains intending to jump in there with me, but realizes he doesn't want to be in the bathroom anymore since there's water. And if I close the door to prevent him from coming in, he'll scratch at it and start crying loudly.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#53 Old 09-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Cats are so silly like that.
#54 Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

This morning I got out of the shower and forgot to get Twinkle her water, so she came out of the cabinet and started meowing because she had waiting for it, and then she ran over, jumped on the side of the tub to get up onto the bathroom countertop, and when she reached the bathroom countertop she slipped all the way down backwards and onto the toilet (the lid was closed) and then into the trash can and knocked it over. It all happened in less than a second and I couldn't believe it, I don't even know what happened, if she slipped on water, was half-asleep, or what, but she wasn't getting up so I went to pick her up from the trash and then she started meowing and walking around again. It was kind of funny later when I thought back about it because she's pretty chubby and it was this little fat cat trying to jump on a tiny ledge above the toilet and she fell, but at the time I was really terrified. She's never fallen before anywhere, and she's used to jumping all the way down from bunk beds since we've had her when she was a baby, so I still can't figure out why she fell, but I guess I'll have to watch her better when she's in the bathroom.
#55 Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

deleted

#56 Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

It really bothered me when a cat brushed against my leg as I was taking a dump.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#57 Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Because he slides whenever he walks on tile. He'll very rarely go walk into the bathroom or kitchen, but he has to move slowly and carefully to avoid sliding. If he something scares him, and he tries to run out real quick, he ends up looking like a Scooby Doo cartoon, with his little feet running wildly, but he doesn't actually go anywhere.

--Fromper

Awww. Poor thing. I never knew rabbits had a difficult time on tiled floors.

Quote:

This morning I got out of the shower and forgot to get Twinkle her water, so she came out of the cabinet and started meowing because she had waiting for it, and then she ran over, jumped on the side of the tub to get up onto the bathroom countertop, and when she reached the bathroom countertop she slipped all the way down backwards and onto the toilet (the lid was closed) and then into the trash can and knocked it over. It all happened in less than a second and I couldn't believe it, I don't even know what happened, if she slipped on water, was half-asleep, or what, but she wasn't getting up so I went to pick her up from the trash and then she started meowing and walking around again. It was kind of funny later when I thought back about it because she's pretty chubby and it was this little fat cat trying to jump on a tiny ledge above the toilet and she fell, but at the time I was really terrified. She's never fallen before anywhere, and she's used to jumping all the way down from bunk beds since we've had her when she was a baby, so I still can't figure out why she fell, but I guess I'll have to watch her better when she's in the bathroom.

Glad she's okay though!
#58 Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

deleted
#59 Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

More pictures
#60 Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

OMG that sounds adorable!

yes, Gypsy does a number of surprising things. Summer is coming, and I will fill the birdbath up again when the weather gets warm, and I will see if she tries to swim again, or whether it was just a habit of her kittenhood..... : )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page