‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

What are some of the silly/crazy (at least they look that way to others) things you've done for your pets or other animals.

Right now I'm pet sitting for a friend and he recently adopted a kitten, which was originally found abandoned outside somewhere. She is easily frightened, quick to swat at you and not very affectionate. But one day, she actually jumped on my lap and snuggled against my neck, under my hair. It was the only time she had done that.

The only thing that I did differently that day was curl my hair. So, I found myself recently spending 30 minutes curling my hair...for a kitten.

It didn't work, she still swats at me, but she does enjoy playing with my hair.

lol...too funny and very cute!
#3 Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Banned

I've slept on the floor a few times because lately they've been taking my bed. Usually, though, they take the top of the bed so I've just been curling up on the bottom of it. I've also been squished into one tiny spot at the edge of the bed and fallen off the bed several times all night while they take up the rest of the room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Aww that's so cute My mum bought my rabbit a old fashioned hot water bottle (the non rubber kind) and fills it with hot water three times a day and wraps it in a towel for my bunny in the winter, because he lives inside but his room gets very cold as it's a conservatory type room. He loves snuggling up to it!
#5 Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Veggie Regular

These are cute stories.
#6 Old 08-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Veggie Regular

My older dog gets tired sometimes on our walks so we let him ride in the cargo section of the baby stroller.
Sometimes he gets to ride on the seat and our toddler will push the stroller instead of ride in it! So cute!
#7 Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Banned

Lol I've carried my Pug home several times on walks! I read a quote once that said to only walk your Pug as far as you're willing to carry him home, but just walking him down the street sometimes he gets tired and lays down, yet he runs around the backyard all day as soon as we get home so I think he just likes the attention of being carried.
#8 Old 08-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Some people would say spending $25 dollars a bag on their food is crazy.

Also, purchasing online a wide variety of premium canned foods (Evo, Wellness, Before Grain...) for my female cat, who doesn't like certain textures of flavors of food, refuses to eat dry food, and changes her mind often about what she's willing to eat. Luckily my two males will eat anything.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#9 Old 08-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

This isn't necessarily funny or cute...definitely crazy...kind of annoying, actually, for me. My cat, Thor, is a big baby. For the past few months, he has been following me around EVERYWHERE. He haunts me whether I am in the kitchen cooking, going to the bathroom, or heaven forbid, when I spend time on the computer. He cries and cries and when I finally get up, he wants me to follow him to the bedroom. I have to sit on the bed and pretend that I am going to watch tv or lie down. He finally curls up and settles down and I have to wait for him to fall asleep before I can leave. It is only then that he will leave me alone. Yes, I do this several times a day. Crazy cat. And I am crazy for humoring him.
#10 Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

The last time I went to my friends' house, they had just gotten this new little cat Jake, who we think is "slow" to put it politely, but I completely ignored everyone pretty much the entire time we were there to trim the mats out of his long fur. He didn't mind in the slightest - he cuddled me and just laid there the entire time. They were thinking of shaving him, but as long as I'm over there frequently I'm just gonna keep the knots at bay and leave his long fur as is.
#11 Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Veggie Regular

OP, cute story.

I'm actually considering moving to a downstairs apartment because I'm afraid my rambunctious kittens may disturb the downs stairs neighbors. Though there have been no complaints. I like my apartment location and don't really want to move. If I do, I'll get a 2 bedroom so they have more room.
#12 Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

My rat Aggie had a seizure (or so we suspected) and needed tranquilizers/pain killers every couple of hours...which meant waking up at all hours of the night! Her mobility was limited and she lost the use of her hands (which she eventually recovered!) so I would wake up every 2 hours at night to syringe feed baby food to keep up her strength.
I don't think it's crazy but I know some people do

After my Chihuahua was spayed I made a bed on the floor of my bedroom and we slept there the first night She had slept with me every night since she was a puppy, and I didn't want her jumping on/off the bed.

Oh and when my first dog was a puppy he would wake up every morning at 5 am, ready to start the day I would bring a sleeping bag to the kitchen and sleep on the hardwood floor with him until I had to get up and get ready for school...he was very much not potty-trained and would have destroyed my bedroom.

I also rushed my Chihuahua to the ER vet at 1 am because she had a pea-sized bump on her head and I thought it was a tick...they basically laughed at me and told me to make an appointment with a regular vet because she was fine.

This post is turning into a ways-in-which-I-am-insane-and-overprotective post...oops

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page