The How Strange is your Pet? thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Sasha is a very very very strange cat. As in I think he was hatched in outerspace.

Why my cat is strange...

1. Likes to chew on the bath mat but ignores the christmas tree, toilet paper, my scrapbook, DH's guitar strings and anything else that is normally "cat-ertaining"

2. Steals the bath towels and hides them in inconvenient places like under the couch.

3. Drinks out of the toilet and the bamboo plant rather than is own bowl.

4. Stands at his bowl and smacks his lips together when he's hungry.

5. Steals my bathrobe while I'm in the shower and parades about the apartment with his "large prey".

6. Goes temporarily insane if I am making lasagna, eating lasagna or cutting goat cheese.

7. He "sings" if he really likes his food. It's long, strange and not to mention LOUD Weowwwwwwwwmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrphhhhhhhh noise.

8. Announces when he has used the litter box or enters a room.

How strange is your pet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

One of my feline female, Misao, likes to constantly chase her tail, just like a dog. She also likes to meditate on her food bowl. We know she doesn't want more food because she does this right after we fill it.

Another kitty, Terra, insists that if she can push it off the counter/table, she must push it off the counter/table. This includes glasses, plants, books, bills, lit candles, anything that she can move herself.

Hana, the third kitty in the house, just has a meow that sounds like she's been a smoker her whole life....
#3 Old 01-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww What a cute kittie!!!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3

My cat, rogue, hops around like a bunny (well, she only has three legs, so she doesn't do it to be cute, but it is really very cute)

She wags her tail when shes happy instead of antisocial

She loves to jump around on her hind legs

her favorite pastime is running up and down the stairs

she bobs her head around like crazy and rolls around on the floor all the time for no reason at all.

she can't actually meow, but she makes this cute little squeaking nose whenever she wants something.

she always follows me into the kitchen and stands on her hind legs with her front leg propped on my knee waiting for mushy food

she loves to hide under the covers and attack me as i walk by

she stands up on her hind legs to meet my hand as i'm bending down to pet her

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3

My other two cats (lily and mia) are older, so they aren't as much fun as my youngest (rogue, because she's all black except one little white spot) - I adopted her from a vet after she was brought in after she was hit by a car. They were going to put her to sleep because she needed the leg and eye removed! I could never let such a wonderful kitty die!! So I adopted her immediately. She has the best personality of any little kitten i've met, she is always so exuberant and joyful! I love her completely.

<3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

My dog Mikie loves to hide behind the living room curtains and then jump out and try to scare you. We play hide and go seek. He goes crazy when I cover my eyes with my hands and say "where's Mikie?"...
#5 Old 01-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Monchichi and Atticus are certainly the bigger nutcases...

Monchichi...

...doesn't meow. He speaks in questions all involving words like "brrr?" "Brrow?" and "Brupup?"

...has to sleep in bed with me, but he has to sleep on a pillow, and if there isn't one positioned correctly, less the one i'm sleeping on, he licks my head until I move off of it, then settles in.

... licks my face to get me to open the door to leave my room in the morning

... fetches toy rings

... brings a toy ring to you if he wants to go upstairs and play fetch, and drops it at your feet and says "brraa-aaow?"

... shakes hands and waves on command

... has to have all his crunchies in his bowl and if you drop one, he'll carry it there for you

... must chew on crinklie things like plastic safety seals from bottles

... bites your chin when he's REALLY happy

... gets so into mookie dancin' that he kicks up his back legs too, one at a time

Atticus...

... is a cat made entirely of stomach

... grabs your hand with his paw and pulls it over to his face if you're eating something he wants

... will eat anything but fruit. (this includes vegetables, tofu, bread, etc...)

... likes to play in the faucet, or toilet.

... plays "Danger Kitty" while you shower, which involves walking across the swaying rickety towel rack to stare into the shower.

... lays on his back at the top of the stairs with his head hanging over the top step... then rolls down them

... carries scrunchies around, and soemtimes socks

... will walk over to Munchie and just sit on him, for no reason

... loves litter box changing time, and hops from empty box to empty box, then digs in all the fresh litter, in each box, and sometimes pees.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 01-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Spooky likes to take a single piece of dog food out of Punky's bowl, and will bat it around the apartment all day long. Or until the dog decides to eat it.

Spooky likes to sleep between me and my SO's pillows. When one of us gets up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom, he'll jump out of bed, run to the washroom and start crying. He will only calm down when you pick him up, and bring him back to bed.

When he does something that he knows is naughty and gets caught, he makes this meow that sounds like he's saying "uh-oh!!"

Tuffy likes to stick his head in my hubby's armpit. I don't know what it smells like to him, but he loves it!

He likes to sit on the couch like a human. I think I have a picture of this, it's hard to describe, but it's cute.

Buster the guinea pig doesn't like to wheek for his food like other pigs do. Instead he bites on the bars of his cage.

And Flurry the guinea pig bucks like a chicken.

Cute thread!
#7 Old 01-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's the picture of Tuffy. We call him Jabba when he sits like this, because it makes him look quite chubby
LL
#8 Old 01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

How Cute! Cleo sits up like that too sometimes...

here, you can even see her nakie belly she insists on licking :\\
LL

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#9 Old 01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Nibbles likes to: chew plastic bags, drink the water leftover in the sink after I have washed my face in the morning, attack shadows, stare at the wall for hours on end at nothing, run around for no reason at all, see how much litter she can kick out of her box every time she goes,
#10 Old 01-09-2004, 10:54 PM

after reading all these posts i realize my pets are pretty normal! my cat doesn't do anything exceptionally unusual...although she is a little psychotic and when she's done having you pet her, she lets you know by swiping you with her paw...claws out! she also goes nuts if anyone around her is eating apples; i try to keep them away from her though as she gets the runs after eat them the funniest is when she sees my dog. she absolutely hates him and even if he's minding his own business (rarely!) but happens to walk by her, she goes into hissy fits and will not calm down until she can no longer see him. oh, and if he's out in the backyard she'll deliberately sit at the entrance blocking his way back in. he ends up crying and whining for someone to help him get in (he's terrified of her claws) and she just sits there happy and content, wagging her tail. she thoroughly enjoys seeing him squirm! *sigh* i love my cat! she also has issues with being out in the backyard and having the door closed. she will stay out as long as the door stays open. as soon as it closes she's crying to be let in (she used to be an outdoor cat and would stay out til the whee hours of the morning. one night i called and called and as usual she didn't come home. so i closed the door and went to bed. that night it poured and the next morning i found her at the door drenched! after that she never went out; lol!).
#11 Old 01-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Stewie my kitten loves to have a shower. Actually he loves water in general. I left the door open a bit one day while taking a shower and he hopped right in the tub and played in the water.

I've got an ice cube dispenser built into the fridge and whenever I get ice, Stewie comes running to get his own ice cube. I usually put one in a bowl of water and he'll play with it ages.

He also eats everything in sight. I was feeding my hamster some cabbage and Stewie started munching on it. He loves veggies.

I can't leave books or any paper laying around because he'll attempt to eat that too. I have so many books that look like a dog has chewed them but no.. it's just Stewie.
#12 Old 01-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

My tiny puppy thinks he's big and tough!

Mumbles and it sounds like a cat meowing!

Follows me everywhere!

Sleeps with me as close as he can!

Can swim about 3 feet before sinking!

Waits in the window for me to come home!

Can do a pile of tricks!
#13 Old 01-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarrlett View Post

Stewie my kitten loves to have a shower. Actually he loves water in general. I left the door open a bit one day while taking a shower and he hopped right in the tub and played in the water.

I've got an ice cube dispenser built into the fridge and whenever I get ice, Stewie comes running to get his own ice cube. I usually put one in a bowl of water and he'll play with it ages.

He also eats everything in sight. I was feeding my hamster some cabbage and Stewie started munching on it. He loves veggies.

I can't leave books or any paper laying around because he'll attempt to eat that too. I have so many books that look like a dog has chewed them but no.. it's just Stewie.

Stewie is a super cute kitty! The pic you posted is priceless.
#14 Old 01-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Beginner

<quote>posted by monkeyandbunny

7. He "sings" if he really likes his food. It's long, strange and not to mention LOUD Weowwwwwwwwmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrphhhhhhhh noise.

8. Announces when he has used the litter box or enters a room.</quote>

*My cat is like that. He meows in the morning to tell you that your alarm has gone off, or it could be that he wants to be fed.

*Meows and stands at the door, obviously wanting to be let out, but when you open the door, he looks out then uninterested, jumps onto the cupboard where we keep his food bowl and either eats his biscuits or meow for food!

*Sometimes, out of the blue will do a load Meeeeeeoooooowwhhhhhh, for no aparant reason.

*When my mum went to bed the other night and I was still up (past 12 midnight) he came into the frontroon, like he had an urgent message, and said funny meow noises. Prreow. Something like that, shorter than usual.

*Can roll his r's.

*When we walk up to him, usually next to his food bowl. He'll roll his head, (can't really explain much further) and prrrrreeeooooow.

*Has a varity of sounds from short quick pprreeoow(no r rolling) to long drawn out mmeeeeeoooooww. Thats when he's trying to sound pathetic and makes you feel sorry for him.

*His name Rascal almost sounds like last call, (for a pee at night for my dog) Rex doesn't fall for it yet.

*A very small vocal cat.

*If you prrrroooo at him, he will go up to you and reply.

*Ask 'what?' when he's looking at you and he'll reply.

*He's almost the opposite of his brother, whom my nan has. Black fur and being male is the only simularities.

*'Attacks' you sometimes for no reason, playfully. With claws. And teeth. Then licks you, if not kicks your hand.

*Eats cucumber, chips, tomatoes, mayonease, any meat and fish(dogfood inc), dairy and egg, buttered toast, jam spread, sometimes potatoe peelings, cearal umm I think thats it.

*Hears the electronic can opener and rushes in to prreeoow in short bursts.(I used to eat tuna alot, and gave him whats left in the tin and bowl) Now its usually beans being opened.

*Pads my mums duck soft toy.

*Pads us if we're in bed.

*Pads us then sometimes goes away.

*'Headbutts' our face. Not nudging. Stronger.

*When you're asleep, he'll headbutt us then, depending how happy he feels, rubs his face in yours.

*Sometimes hyper.

*When hyper, he thinks he's a plane. He'll run up and down the stairs while saying loadly, 'ppppprrrrrrrrroooooooooo!!!

*Used to steal socks when their rolled up and cache them at the bottom of the stairs in front of the front door.

Most of these are his annoying habits. But I've never had a cat before him. So he's pretty wierd. . More than likely I might have missed something. But thats all I can think of.
#15 Old 01-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hehehe, I like this thread. My two cats are definitely strange, but Gorilla is more strange than Pumpkin:

Gorilla:

1. Doesn't drink from the water bowl, but rather plays in it, washes her face with it and to drink, she scoops the water out and drinks from her paw.

2. Likes to provoke you to play chase with her by running up and batting you on the ankle, then tearing off like heck up the stairs. When you chase her back, she either runs or tries to act all bad @ss by puffing up her tail and arching her back. She puffs up a lot when she plays.

3. Eats catnip, gets silly, then immediately becomes aggressive and goes to beat up on Pumpkin.

4. Gets up in the middle of the night and wanders around "chortling" like a squirrel looking for trouble.

5. Licks plastic bags.

6. Is obsessed with the bathroom (actually both cats are) and must sit on my lap while I'm sitting on the commode.

7. Gets upset when I close any room door with me in it. She will beat on and charge at the door until I open it.

8. Gets up on her hind legs and paws on my legs for me to pick her up and carry her around like a baby.

9. Also likes piggy back rides.

Pumpkin

1. Is less aggressive than Gorilla and is fat and likes you to rub her belly like a dog.

2. Gets your attention by meowing at you and extending her paw out, as if to give you a handshake.

3. Isn't as active as Gorilla, but when she gets playful it's sporatic and she has no logic to her playing. She'll start howling at the wall and run in circles and dig into the floor.

4. Has a fuzzy mouse toy that she carries around with her in her mouth and has to have it when she takes naps.

Both of my cats are so friendly. They aren't hiders, they MUST be in the middle of the action and can't stand to be left alone!

https://www.veggieboards.com/pics/sho...cat=501&page=5
#16 Old 01-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I want so bad to post about mine but it will take too long between the three of them!
#17 Old 01-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

My cat decides it's time for bed and cries/rubs against me until I give in and go to bed. In the morning she routinely wakes me up just before the alarm rings by biting/pulling my hair.

We have a hamster I adopted - she's facinated with him. They interact in a seemingly friendly way through the cage - but if I take him out she runs and hides in the closet.
#18 Old 01-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmarie View Post

We have a hamster I adopted - she's facinated with him. They interact in a seemingly friendly way through the cage - but if I take him out she runs and hides in the closet.

Hahaha.. that's hilarious. My grumpy cat Katy, would treat my hamster (Herbie) as if he was her kitten. She'd bathe him and they'd curl up together and sleep. Very strange.

Stewie on the other hand is so fascinated by Herbie. Whenever I put him in his exercise ball, Stewie tries to play soccer with it.
#19 Old 01-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

My daughter keeps asking for a hamster, but I'm afraid my cats would eat him/her!
#20 Old 01-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieKitten View Post

My daughter keeps asking for a hamster, but I'm afraid my cats would eat him/her!

Yeah - that's a concern for sure. I don't take any chances with the two of them. When Olivia is roaming I either let the kitty out on the lanai or I put her in another part of the house. When both are together either my daughter or I are supervising

When I was a kid our cat got a hold of my parakeet and basically mutilated the poor thing. It was incredibly traumatic for me (not to mention the bird).
#21 Old 01-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I have two gerbils, but the cats don't seem to want to eat them.. They just want to lie on the top of the cage! So, if you have cats, have a sturdy cage...

My cats are kind of weird...

Dude will:

Lick your armpits if he thinks they smell good

Jump up to the top of the cabinents and sleep

Attack anything.. Rolls of toilet paper, jewelery..

He refuses to go into most rooms if he can't open the door on his own

Patches will:

Sit on your newspaper/book if she thinks you have been reading too much

Attempt to open doors... rarely successful

Chew on her toe when she's nervous (the poor girl is 4 paw declawed... my parents refuse to let a cat that's not declawed live indoors)

Attempt to share a chair with you

Bucky will:

Chew his claws so the evil humans won't get to do it

Tell you if he wants something... to be picked up, food...

After you flush the toilet, he sticks his head in and watches the water flow in

Eat cheese, tortilla chips, veggie burgers.. basically anything...

The rest of my animals are pretty normal...
#22 Old 01-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post

Dude will:

Lick your armpits if he thinks they smell good...

LOL, my cat Gorilla does that too. She also headbutts pretty hard and likes to tuck her head into you. If you take your hand and cover her head firmly, she'll go to sleep.
#23 Old 01-16-2004, 01:19 AM

my cat gizmo will all of a sudden for no reason attack the buttons on the couch while running back and forth. she also will lay on my head- face to face and claw me if i move.
#24 Old 01-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Freddie (the cat) is obsessed with drinking from the bathtub faucet. If you even pass the bathroom and look like you might be going in there, he leaps in the tub and starts meowing. (Doesn't matter if you just filled up his water bowl.)

Kurt (the kitten) is still mainly confined to our bedroom except when the dogs are outdoors. But he wants to go out and explore! He lets you know by throwing his little body against the door (it sounds like a giant is bashing it) and letting off the most amazingly varied repertoire of meows that I've ever heard. He also likes to zoom around the very edges of the room, then leap up onto the bed -- surprise! Then he does it again, and leaps up from a new surprising angle, haha!

Shadow (the lab) freaks out if two humans (e.g. Jen and myself) hug. He whines, cries, and does a little tap dance until we pet him. At first I thought he was jealous of me, but it turns out he's just jealous of any attention that's not going his way! The tap dance is hilarious.

Duke (the mutt) gets all barky and growly for no obvious reason. When you look and him and say "Duke!?" he gets the most sheepish smile on his face. As if he's saying, "Hehe, just kidding." He sounds really scary to strangers, but he totally doesn't mean it.

Tom (another mutt) does the weirdest little howl; it's sort of clipped off, and he jumps up into the air when he does it. It's too cute. When he does it by the back door it means he has to go outside; but sometimes he just does it for the heck of it, apparently.

I'll think of more ...
#25 Old 01-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyandbunny View Post

Stewie is a super cute kitty! The pic you posted is priceless.

Thanks so much. I just love my little baby Stewie. He brings a lot of excitement into an otherwise dull life.
#26 Old 01-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

My dog Aidan, after taking a drink of water or eating, will rub his face all over the floor or couch- as though it's his own personal napkin!

It also cracks me up to watch him scratch the backs of his front legs with his back paws. While he's scratching, his tounge goes in and out of his mouth!

We play another game, where if I ask him if "he's a mean dog" , he'll get down on his front legs, growl and bark (while wagging his tail of course! ).

Right now he's in the process of learning to say "I love you"- he's almost got it down (yes, I'm being serious! )
#27 Old 01-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Trout -- my very first kitty -- has been given a zillions toys. But she ONLY loves the first one, a little grey stuffed mouse. She likes to play a kitty version of "fetch" with it: I throw it, and an hour or two later she brings it back. Repeat. The thing no longer has a tail, eyes, or nose ... it's been 4 years and it's still her absolute favorite thing. Thank goodness I didn't lose it during three moves!
#28 Old 01-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I personally have no pets but my best friends mom is a dog breeder so they have a ton of dogs.

Ledger comes runnign when he hears the words "good puppy" and if you say the name Viggo when hes there he gets agressive and starts growling (they used to have a dog named viggo and ledger is jealous)

He loves to climb on you when your laying on the ground and lick up your nose
#29 Old 01-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Banned

My cat is practically human. She looks at me and closes her eyes when I talk to her, as if she is really listening and understands. She gets excited when we take a nap together. (Yes, I'm a dork and I love my cat.)

What else?

Sometimes when she's done using the litterbox, she bolts out of there in a sprint, just for the fun of it or to scare me.

When she really wants my attention in the middle of the night, she knocks over the garbage container (it's almost like basket material, except a cylinder) because she knows this will wake me up.
#30 Old 01-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

When I first adopted Stewie, he would always stick his tongue up my nose. Once he became more comfortable around people, he'd lick other people's noses too. He doesn't do that too much anymore, but whenever I'm in bed he feels the need to lick my nose. I wouldn't mind it so much but this breath stinks like tuna.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page