The How Strange is your Pet? thread - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 01-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

my cat Moo (yep) is by far the wierdest cat i've ever met. at first glance he looks like a fat, lazy, sleepy adult cat. but then out of the blue he'll jump up and run laps around the house. yesterday i was sitting on the floor playing gamecube and he got up, came over and ran a complete circle around me, then went and laid down again.

he has more toys than some kids but still prefers to play with empty cardboard boxes.

he's a headbutter as well

if you're sitting on the couch he'll jump up onto your lap, step all over you, walk across to the other side and jump back down to the floor. for no other reason than to annoy you and squash your parts. (my boyfriend hates this)

when he wants food he doesn't meow at his dish like a normal cat, he runs around the house meowing as loud as he can and attacking everything in sight until you get the hint. which he also does if he's hyper but i've learned to tell the difference.

he's black so he figures if he lies on or next to something else that's black, we can't see him. he'll lie on something black on the floor and wait for you to walk by and pounce your feet.

he plays fetch, when he feels like it of course.

he tries to eat with his paws, he'll drag one piece of food out of his bowl and balance it on his paw and try to lift it to his face, it always falls though, always. eventually he gets annoyed and will start flicking individual pieces out of the bowl onto the floor and eating them one at a time.

he once spent almost an hour trying to cover his dish with a towel.

he often rolls onto his back and looks at us upside down with his tongue sticking out.

i just discovered he's been sucking in his sleep again, as if to nurse, he's almost 5 years old.

he chews his nails too, i'll usually pull his foot out of his mouth and he'll pop it right back in. one night my boyfriend was doing this, taking his foot away from his mouth, he did it so many times that after a while Moo would wait til he looked away, and then not taking his eyes off him, slowly slowly start moving his foot up toward his face with his mouth wide open. then when the bf looked at him the cat jumped up and ran to the bedroom.

i always say: who needs kids when i have a cat, this one acts like a 2 year old with ADHD

anyone else's cat go loopy from sunlight? if there's a beam of sunlight on the floor or couch, he'll go lie in it, within seconds he goes loopy. rolling around, meowing, biting at things, tail lashing

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Veggie Regular

My iguana, Lily, loves to eat bread and cake and she's not afraid to steal it right off of someone's plate. She always tastes shoes and tries to eat them. She inspired me to go to veg but I will not be tasting shoes.
#33 Old 01-26-2004, 02:08 AM

my cat loves to eat whatever we are eating, especially mcdonalds food but she likes it if it is day old and has been sitting out over night. when we eat she jumps in our laps and paws gently at the edge of the plate or bowl. she isnt a very vocal cat but when we are eating she never stops crying and it is one of those loud shrill annoying crys. she also likes to bang her head on u til u give her some scraps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 01-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaile View Post

i always say: who needs kids when i have a cat, this one acts like a 2 year old with ADHD

anyone else's cat go loopy from sunlight? if there's a beam of sunlight on the floor or couch, he'll go lie in it, within seconds he goes loopy. rolling around, meowing, biting at things, tail lashing

Moo and Sasha need to hang out! Sasha gets "stoned" from hanging out in the sun too. Sasha will lay on his back (like a person) in our bedroom window which gets loads of afternoon sun. He will emerge from the window hungry and sort of sleepy.
#35 Old 01-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

lol

well he's now taken up attacking his tail again. this comes around every now and then, he won't leave his tail alone for days then he'll get bored with it and stop for a couple months only to start again. i have to chase him off the couch cause he's so vicious with his tail that when he misses i can hear the fabric of the couch on the verge of tearing from his claws. ugh.

he has this cubby, it's one of those carpeted cylinders with a hole to climb into, it's 2 stories. he doesn't use it cause he doesn't really fit in it too well (he's very big) but the second you move it from it's usual place he has to jump on top and sit on it. when we go away for more than a day i'll put it in the middle of the room to give him something to do. he just likes to sit on it to have a different view of the room. (he does this with chairs too, if i bring a chair into the kitchen to reach a high shelf he's on it before i've put it down) but we've discovered that if we throw a toy into one of the holes while he's on top, he'll lean over the edge to try to see inside, and keep leaning and keep leaning until finally he falls headfirst off the thing. usually he does a full summersault in the air and lands on his feet but not always

whoever said cats always land on their feet hasn't met this one. he lands on his head, back or side often. and if you throw a toy at the wall he'll run to chase it and slam into the wall.

he's really not very bright

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#36 Old 02-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Herbert and Norbert, my rats

When out and getting treats norbert will sit in a big pile of say...raisins, while herbert performs all kinds of unnecessary feats to get the treats and then adds them to norberts pile, rarely eating any herself.

Herbert will go "wake norbert up" when instructed to do so at playtime, and is currently trying to dig the numbers out of my keyboard.

Also, she always wants to wash her face in the sink when i'm washing my face in the sink. Norbert pretty much sleeps, which is why she is so much fatter ( though not unhealthy, yet, i have to watch her weight, and try to get herbert to eat more) Also they really want to go play with our dogs, who i'm sure would love to go play with them, but not in a good way.

Iggy, my Iguana

For an animal with no control of facial muscels, can give some very interesting looks. If doing something to annoy him, he will shoot looks that could turn deadly. When doing something to intrest him, will **** head to the side as if to say "huh" (ex. all the banging when got a new roof left him shooting looks of puzzelment and irritation at the celing for days) Also, he loves to get out of my room at any oppertunity to terrorize our dogs, who are terrified of him and will run making awful noises while he tears down the hall after them. The same goes for my cat, who now only comes in my room when hes asleep.

Yoda, my kitty

Is afraid of all cat toys, but will create toys out of anything found on the ground, or sometimes out of nothing at all. Will use her paw to grab something off your plate if she wants it, since she knows shes not allowed on the table. Is terrified of my rats.

Goober, my sisters cat

We used to have guinea pigs, and he just forgot he was a cat for awhile. He slept in their cage with them, ate their food and drank their water, he also made sure all of our other cats stayed away from them. when they died (after living a few years longer than they were supposed to, he got very depressed for quite some time)
#37 Old 02-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

My cats are both very strange at times! Lately my cat has had the really annoying habit of waking me up by trying to bite my feet and then when I move my leg to go open the door for her she tries to chase my leg, it would be funny if it wasn't usually about 5am when she was doing this!
#38 Old 02-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Beginner

My cat Felix is insane.

He sleeps on the foot of my bed every night, but usually wakes up at around 4 AM and starts looking for things to knock on the ground, his favourite is glasses of water, but if none are available he also likes pens and pencils, or bracelets, or anything that makes a lot of noise, once the object is on the ground, if it's small enough, he'll chase it around for awhile.

He'll seriously jump onto a table, and knock everything off one thing at a time.

Once I woke up, and he was just sitting on my dresser chewing on some paper, I guess there weren't any glasses around.
#39 Old 02-27-2004, 08:59 PM

My puppy, Tristin...

-Steals socks from the laundry room

-Hides his treats under his bed

-He'll choose to eat the table leg over anything else...not good

-Steals food off of my plate and only my plate when I'm not looking

-Rolls over on his back anythime anyone comes near him

-Bites the inside of your nose when he's happy

-Loves eating rabbit poop...

That's about it, for him.

My bird, Birdie...

-Sings along to only my brother's heavy rock music and my mom's sixties music

Boring, boring bird.

My hampster, Kirby...

-Tries to climb up his cage wall

-Tries to climb into my rabbit's eye

-Uses his wheel as a garbage can

And my rabbit, Abbi...

-Tries to hide under his blankets

-Had a cast once...poor bunny! (That's not silly, just felt like adding it)

Yeah, my pets are pretty silly.
#40 Old 02-28-2004, 03:47 PM

my friends cat had kittens and my cat gizmo would like to just sit and stare at them for hours until they would get too close to her and then she would run. she also likes to lay half off a hair on her back like my in signature pic
#41 Old 03-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Veggie Regular

When I'd rather be watching TV, or using my computer, or reading a book, my Border Collie will take one of his toys and push it as far as he can under a bed, couch, or any other piece of furniture and start barking for me to get it for him.
#42 Old 03-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

My animals can be pretty strange.

Sugar, my cat (dead) - used to lick the walls. A lot. Especially the bathroom wall. She'd just lick it.

Coco, cat

- grumbles when I make her move, no matter what or where or who was sitting there first

- if you say "I'll get your tail!" she will come play with you, she likes having her tail tugged

Dreyfuss, cat

- loves to be petted and mauled and cuddled but HATES to be picked up

- hates Mischief (ferret), and gets really growly/hissy when he tries to play with her, and bats at him. Which only makes him try to play more!

- is very forceful when she wants attention, for such a little girl

Peach, cat

- is insane. He'll randomly crouch down, lay back his ears, get this totally wild insane look on his face, and play with nothing, a piece of cat kibble, a bag, etc.

- he hates closed doors, especially if you're behind one. He'll claw and scratch and meow until you let him in

- MUST drink water out of the bathroom tap, and he will sit and beg for it with big eyes

- goes insane for brushing. If you bring anything like a comb, brush, anything out, he'll do this adorable meow and rush right over

- likes to be spanked. Not little light taps, but practically being beaten. His butt and his torso. He'll lay down on his side or crouch down on his front so I can spank him, and he PURRS insanely, and meows if I stop. I stop before he gets sick of it. Also he'll creep forward while I'm doing this and he likes to be grabbed by the legs (how the haunches stick up when a cat crouches) and dragged back. If he's in a spanking mood, I sit down and hit the floor and tell him, "Get over here!" and he comes right over to be spanked. He's CRAZY.

- loves to run randomly around the house in insane fits of crazy.

- lately he's taken to mauling me, which is really cute, but strange.. and giving the cutest little sounds..

All my cats love to wish food off your plate, staring at it as if they could levitate it off. Peach is the worst for begging, he'll practically get ON your plate to get some food. They eat pretty much everything.

Mischief, ferret

- crazy little monkey!!

- he runs around insanely trying to get everyone and everything to play with him

- he loves being on the bed and being "chased" while I stand clapping and lunging, and he'll sometimes bounce backwards - right off the bed!!! it's so funny

- he climbs up anywhere he can get. He likes to get into drawers, onto counters, etc

- he prefers to sleep in my clothes cupboard, in a bag filled with clothes, than anywhere else

- he likes to play in the bath tub after we've had our showers, play in the water

- if he's not in the bath tub and steps in water, he does these crazy giant high-foot steps to get away from it

- he likes to bite my dad's feet when he's just gotten out of the shower.. he does it to us sometimes. There's lots of shrieking and jumping onto the toilet or bed, on our part

- when we're playing he likes to nip and we end up jumping up onto things to get away from him

- there's a touch light on top of his cage, and when he wakes up he turns it on with his nose to let me know he wants to come out

- the cat water dish (one of those flat ones with a bottle full of water) is his play toy.. he likes to put his paws on it and tug, and make a huge mess

- he LOVES soymilk. he goes crazy for it. It's his bedtime treat and he RUNS to his cage and drinks it up! If I have a bowl of cereal, or a drink of soymilk, he'll climb up on the couch, and hook his paws on the edge and YANK - saying "Hey, share!" and he's very demanding.. and hard to dissuade..

- he does that with lots of food too, just to see what it is you're eating and see if he wants some

- he shares my tomato soup, and many other foods

- he steals stuffed toys.. nothing else, no shiny things, only stuffed toys.. and hides them under my parents' bed. He used to hide them behind the tv cabinet before we got our new one.

- if I sit infront of the bedroom and toss toys, he'll "fetch" them and bring them to me (trying to get to the bed) but it's fun anyway

- he loves to go to sleep in plastic bags

- loves playing in plastic bags, and boxes. we hold one open and say "get in the bag/box!" and he'll run up and jump into it, and play around like that for ages

- I'm not sure if he likes it, but we like to slide him backwards over the hardwood floor

- he goes insane for tennis balls, and tears them apart so all the fuzz comes off

- he loves styrofoam - or more aptly, loves scratching it apart, usually under a bed... and coming out covered in little styrofoam balls.

- he backs into things while running away from us while we're playing

- he's obsessed with mops. He'll grab the mop by the little "bun" part and drag it under my parents' bed. it's really really cute.

- he likes to roll around and play in his little travel litter box, very adorably

- he has the cutest tongue.. that's not really strange, but his yawn is SOO cute because his tongue is so cute

- when he's bored, he "flattens" and spreads out on the floor looking sooo depressed. Ferret eyes are the WORST guilt-instilling things on earth.

Pastel, bunny

- thumps, tosses her water dish, and makes lots of noise when she wants food or water

... I think that's about it... for now...
#43 Old 03-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh. Mischief also likes to get on my computer and type to people. He only ever pushes enter when talking to my best friend though.. I usually push enter when he's done. If I'm not at the computer, sometimes I come back to whole conversations people have had trying to figure out what the hell I'm saying.. hehe.

Peach likes to sit between me and the keyboard/monitor when he wants attention.. usually sitting ON one of my arms.. and it's hard to type with a cat butt on ya.. and he hates moving.. I have to physically move him like 5 times sometimes, before he'll leave me alone to finish what I'm doing.
#44 Old 03-05-2004, 12:45 PM

Hehehe...these stories are great!

Charlie is the most unusual cat that I have ever had. When we brought her home from the shelter she, as soon as she was out of her carry box, ran and hide behind the fridge. She didnt come out for two days. I would stand in there and chat with her about this and ask her if she was okay and all. She just gave me this look like Who the hell are you! Why am I here! She finally came out and settled in. Now she is the queen of the house!

Other things she does:

- She loves to play I spy or hide and seek She will hide behind anything, most of the time in plain sight. So you have to tromp around pretending like you dont see her. I lift up objects and say, Wheres Charlie? I hope shes around and hope she doesnt scare me! She will get down as low as she can and then jump out at ya. The thing is she waits for your reaction so you have to act totally scared and surprised, otherwise she pouts!

- She loves the ceiling and is constantly thinking up ways to get closer to it. Just the other day I noticed her eyeing our blinds. Of course when I caught her she pretended like she was just interested in the window. Also anytime I catch her doing something she isnt suppose to she immediately starts doing something else. She even pretends to play with toys she hates! Oh she thinks she is sooooooooo clever!

- When she gets upset or annoyed she has to get her feelings out so she runs amuck. Circles, climbing, meowingwhatever she can do to express herself. Yesterday I was eating lunch and she wanted a nibble or two, but when she saw that it was only veggies she put her ears back and off she went to cause havoc!

- She loves to attack my boyfriends legs and feet. Only when he has shorts on though. If she doesnt see skin then she is unsatisfied. Anyhow, she loves to do this when he is going to bed; he wears boxers. She will flare her nostrils, put her ears back, and WHAM! My bf will screech and then tell her to stop, but that just makes her meow, bob her head, and start inching forward so she can get him! She doesnt hurt him though, her claws are not out and she only nibbles. Of course his reaction just makes her excited so she will keep doing it. I keep telling him to ignore her, but it doesnt seem to work for him. LOL!

Here is a photo of Charlie: http://jacquie.org/picture_book/charlie10.php
#45 Old 03-05-2004, 09:04 PM

My 3 year old cat Kitten loves grapes.

Kitten also will get any bug, fly or moth that enters my house. If I say "get the bug", she instanty starts looking around everywhere for the the intruder.

Whenever someone comes over my house she runs to the door to greet whoever it is, act all nice and sweet, then will attack them when they are not looking. She will sit on the back of my recliner and swat people as the go by in the hopes they will play with her.

When she wants to play, she will drag whatever toy she has (usually a plastic grocery bag with a long string tied to it) into the room and let out the loudest howling cry untill I give her some attention.
LL
#46 Old 03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

my cat likes to jump up and pull the button thingy on the water tower in my house....lol.
#47 Old 03-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennel View Post

When she wants to play, she will drag whatever toy she has (usually a plastic grocery bag with a long string tied to it) into the room and let out the loudest howling cry untill I give her some attention.

My Pesto does that too. It's very cute.
#48 Old 03-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Three of our cats wait in the hall (all night I think because I find them there when I get up in the middle of the night) until someone gets up in the morning and then it begins. Meowing, meowing, meowing, OMG these cats can make noise! It doesn't stop till they get thier can of soft food, they know how to play us.

If we are not paying attention they will go after the dogs food, they will walk right up to his dish and give him the evil eye until he backs away and looks to us for help. Mind you he is a Golden-Black lab mix, a big dog.

They're really sweet otherwise
#49 Old 03-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynny View Post

If we are not paying attention they will go after the dogs food, they will walk right up to his dish and give him the evil eye until he backs away and looks to us for help. Mind you he is a Golden-Black lab mix, a big dog.

when my cat first adopted us she was about to have kittens, when she had the kittens there was a runt. She was tiny but she would go up to our dogs bowl and puff up and hiss until he ran away then start eating and drinking. Our dogs a huge rot. mix with agression problems so this made it even more funny.
#50 Old 03-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

#51 Old 03-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a great thread; I'm having such fun reading it!

My youngest kitty, Lucy (6 months old) is such a hoot:

She loves the bathroom sink and refuses to drink from her water dish--she only wants to drink from the faucet (I hope she drinks from a dish when I'm at work, but when I'm home she never does b/c she knows I'll turn on the water for her). She loves to lie in the basin and hang out; I don't even try to move her when I'm washing my hands any more...I just turn on the water and let her get soaked--she loves it!

Since she is anti-water dish (at least, for drinking purposes), she uses every opportunity to drag the lightest one (there are two) around the apartment (to hide it? I don't know...). I'll find the dish overturned by the litter boxes, in my bedroom, on the living room carpet, or in the kitchen. Once, she pushed the bathroom garbage can over on its side and scooted the entire (full) water dish inside it! At night sometimes I'll wake up to hear the sloshing of the water as she's relocating the dish from where it belongs to somewhere else 'more fun.'

Her newest game is to put her paw into anything liquidy that I'm eating/drinking. She must know she's not supposed to, because she doesn't stick around afterward, she just darts up, pokes her paw in the bowl or cup and then jumps a bit away, and stares at me, like she's saying, "What are you going to do about that, huh lady!?" and then she tries it again as soon as I look away. This weekend she 'flavored' two cups of my tea, a bowl of soup, and the blob of ketchup that went w/my fries. She like the ketchup the best.

I love her so much (even though I had to scrub ketchup prints off my carpet yesterday)!
#52 Old 03-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

heheh

cats
#53 Old 03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

-My kitty Shamrock has this obsession with water. Whenever we start to do a load of laundry he comes charging up, jumps on the washing machine and starts smacking at the water. When he was younger he would do that same thing whenever the toilet was flushed. He doesn't do that one quite as often anymore though. I want to take him to the beach to see what he would do but that hasn't happened yet.

-He also has an obsession with the dog. He always comes and gets on her dog bed and will start tormenting her. Biting her tail, climbing all over her, nursing on her (if you don't believe me look in the photo album).

-My bird Sydney (he is a lorikeet) is smart beyond all means. He can sense feelings and such knows when a joke is being told. Right before the punch line he will start laughing. It doesn't matter if the joke is new. He knows when the punch line is coming. It is sort of freaky.
#54 Old 03-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I miss my babies! I'm living in a dorm 5 1/2 hours away from home.

Felix, my cat, is a little eccentric.

If you're playing a board game he never fails to walk up to it and lay down right in the middle of the board. You can move him as many times as you want and he'll just keep coming back. He's very persistant.

If he can see the bottom of his food dish he'll cry and cry and cry until you put more food in it- even if there is a ton more food around the edges of the dish.

He knows how to 'sit' and 'beg' on command

Oliver, my beagle, is rather crazy as well

When he gets really, really excited he sprints up and down the hallway as fast as he can (with his tail inbetween his legs) a few times and spins in a few circles. He will continue to do this until you sit down on the floor and invite him over for a hug
#55 Old 03-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

oh yeah, cats and boardgames! I think they love to play monopoly more than I do. But they cheat. Batting the pieces all over the room makes it really hard to keep track of who is winning. And then sitting on top of everything when you're winning.
#56 Old 03-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

My Sam loves the printer. He comes running whenever he hears it. He also learnt that if he presses a button, it will print a test page. He will sit there and hit the button over and over again. The other day I turned off the printer and he tried to press the button. He got very upset when it wouldn't work. He was meowing at it very loudly.
#57 Old 03-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

My kitty LOVES the printer. I thought he was the only one out there...

I think he has a thing with sounds. THe printer, the washing machine, the toilet. Our printer is on top of a filing cabinit that he always sits on. One day he jumped on top of the printer and hit the power button, so it started making noises. Since then he is ruined more sheets of paper then we can count and has broken the printer a few times. For a while we had to keep a box over the printer to protect it from him.
#58 Old 03-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraLily View Post

My Sam loves the printer. He comes running whenever he hears it. He also learnt that if he presses a button, it will print a test page. He will sit there and hit the button over and over again. The other day I turned off the printer and he tried to press the button. He got very upset when it wouldn't work. He was meowing at it very loudly.

This is tooo funny!
#59 Old 04-21-2004, 09:53 PM

everytime i step out the door my cat suki leaps at me, stretches up on her hind legs and hugs my thigh meowing at me till i come back in and pet her goodbye.

at exactly 7 every morning all 4 of my kittens climb up onto my bed and prance around on top of me and lick my face till i wake up.
#60 Old 04-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

All these stories make me wish I had a pet! They sound so adorable and amazing! Some of these critters' stories made me laugh so hard I cried!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page