Considering justifiable homicide towards my boss, the cat-hater - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG this woman drives me up the frickin' wall!!! She's a TERRIBLE boss - one of those people who has the intelligence of a soap bubble and the ego of Napoleon, ya know? She's a controlling, micro-managing person and I really hate having to work with her. Luckily I work overnights and only see her during shift changes. Still...

But my current homicidal urges relate to her attitude with animals. Awhile back I rescued a six week old stray kitten from the highway. The kitten got adopted, happy ending. Well, my boss made comments like "Why would you do that? I never would have stopped. I hate cats," etc. She gave me this look like I was stupid and crazy for having devoted time and energy to saving this kitten. I did my best to ignore her.

Now, she's decided to share with me the fact that she's run off the family of strays that used to hang out around the shelter where we work. I never saw these cats, but apparently there was a mother cat and kittens that were coming into our back yard. My boss suspects that some of the kids at the shelter were slipping them food ( ). When she saw them out there, she decided to run them off. So she grabbed a bunch of BRICKS from a pile by the house and THREW THEM AT THE CAT AND KITTENS to make them leave.

I can't believe this woman! She could have easily killed those cats, and I doubt she would have cared! She was all satisfied with herself for having run them off and honestly seemed to think that I would agree with her. She was confused that I was pissed and upset by it. I tried to tell her to just let me know about any other strays in the future and I would handle them (catch them, find homes for them, etc) but she gave me the attitude of "why would I do that when I can just huck potentially deadly projectiles at them?"

I have to pretend to respect this b*tch for the sake of my job, and it's driving me crazy. It was hard enough when I just had to deal with what a bad manager and annoying human being she is. But this is too much. I feel sick whenever I have to smile and pretend to agree with her on something, when all I want to do is kick her in the teeth for being a hateful animal abuser.

Sorry, just had to rant. If I don't say it here I'll end up saying it to her face, and then I'll be out of a job. As it is I've started looking for a new job. I can't work with this woman anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I've noticed a disturbing cruel and sadistic streak among people who hate cats.

I've known many people who disliked dogs, but the outright sadism isn't there. People who dislike dogs normally just do their best to avoid them, but people who dislike cats seem to go out of their way to harm cats and advocate violence against them.

I've seen many bumper stickers making light of the killing of cats, but I don't think I've ever seen an anti-dog bumper sticker.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#3 Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep. It seems socially acceptable to hate cats for some reason. I've know a**holes that would swerve in order to hit a cat on the side of the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

I've noticed a disturbing cruel and sadistic streak among people who hate cats.

I've known many people who disliked dogs, but the outright sadism isn't there. People who dislike dogs normally just do their best to avoid them, but people who dislike cats seem to go out of their way to harm cats and advocate violence against them.

I've seen many bumper stickers making light of the killing of cats, but I don't think I've ever seen an anti-dog bumper sticker.

So true. It annoys me to no end. I've noticed when I ask someone why they hate cats, they start explaining how unlike dogs they are. It is usually the type a person who feels the need to exercise control over an animal and hates the fact that cats tend to be more independent and unpredictable.

www.sharksavers.org
#5 Old 08-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe74 View Post

So true. It annoys me to no end. I've noticed when I ask someone why they hate cats, they start explaining how unlike dogs they are. It is usually the type a person who feels the need to exercise control over an animal and hates the fact that cats tend to be more independent and unpredictable.

Yessss, it's always "they don't care about you like dogs do" or "they're not loyal".

I'm always like "don't you ever think about what a companion animal can get from you rather than what s/he can do for you?". It's met with a blank look as they try to comprehend the idea and fail.
#6 Old 08-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Very good points. There does seem to be an alarming sort of disdain towards cats from some people, which I just don't get. Of course, I love all animals, so it's hard to imagine hating a particular species. But some dog/cat people act like Red Sox/Yankees fans towards each other, like it's a rivalry, or they need to argue or prove that their pet is "better." It's a little confounding.

What gets me is when anti-cat people say things like "They have no personality," or "They're not affectionate." I want to say "Hello! Have you ever even MET a cat?!" My cats are super affectionate, social, inquisitive, and have tons of personality. But some anti-cat folks see cats as cold, aloof, anti-social animals. Go figure.

Quote:
I'm always like "don't you ever think about what a companion animal can get from you rather than what s/he can do for you?". It's met with a blank look as they try to comprehend the idea and f

#7 Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Beginner

I've noticed this too, very sad and alarming. I can understand if people don't like animals but going out of your way to hurt them? I can't understand that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page