Cute/Funny things Your Pet Does - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought it'd be fun to have a thread to write about the cute or funny things people's pets do. I'll go first

I have 3 cats and every morning when I wake up two of them run straight to the food bowls like the little piggies they are but my other cat Lily stands at the water bowls and meows until I put fresh water in them along with ice cubes. If I don't put the ice in she just sits there and crys to me some more until I do. I laugh everytime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 AM

my dog, a 7 year old german shepherd mix, likes to eat cats.

i don't let her.

when she sees a cat and chases it but i don't let her, she whimpers like mad.

when she hangs out with my boyfriend's dog, isis, and isis gets into her personal zone, she does this low, sad whimper like "she needs to get out of my way but i'm not strong enough to do it myself."

she's totally indifferent with other dogs. i don't think she knows she's a dog. we went to the dog park yesterday and after ten minutes of butt-sniffing, she stood by the gate and was like "k, ma, i'm ready to go home now!"

she gets super excited about car rides.

whenenver i leave and come back, even if it's just a half hour, she does this hilariously cute happy dance where she wags her tail and dances on her two front paws.

whenenver she's hungry and i have food, i bring it to her and she keeps running around in circles to make sure i'm still there and then "goes to her spot" where she knows i'll feed her.

she snuggles like crazy when my boyfriend and i are in bed.

when isis, the other dog, sniffs my backpack or purse or gets close to my things, she warning barks at her, as if she's trying to steal my wallet.

man there are so many. i'll be back.
#3 Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I always love it when I wake up.....or even go outside my room in the morning (or anytime of day) and my rats are scampering around hoping to get a treat or come out to play for a while. They are so happy to see you in the morning it is so nice! It makes you happy that someone cares that you made it through the night and shows it EVERY morning.

They have such great personalities.

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Veggie Regular

My kitten is at the age where fetch is the coolest thing ever. She also insists on sleeping right directly on top of me. She'll ride it out like a log roll when I toss and turn too

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#5 Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

My cat Sunday keeps going into our next door's neighbours' house. They have a little cat called Fluffy, who has started coming into our place - my mother and I came home the other day and Fluffy was sitting on a chair at the dining table.

According to Louise (next door), Sunday sits by Fluffy's food bowl and meows until they give her tuna or salmon.
#6 Old 08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Often right I come home, my cat Dumpling runs to the bathroom, jumps on to the toilet seat (the seat is always down, and if it's not, she'll wait for me to put it down, sometimes not all the way even before she jumps up) and then up on to the sink and waits for me to turn on the water so she can drink. Of course there is always plenty of water in her bowl, but she likes it straight out of the faucet much better I guess Even if I'm home for a while, she'll jump up there and wait for me, sometimes meowing like she's yelling at me to turn it on!

I thought it was so adorable when she crawled into the sink to nap, which is rare for her, and then cranked her neck around as if she was going to lick water from the faucet while she was in there! I didn't turn it on as I know it would have freaked her out.

If she doesn't go to the sink immediately when I get home, she'll run to the bottom of the stairs (I walk in on the landing at the top) and roll around on the tile floor, like she's showing off or flirting. I always say "Are you a pretty girl?... etc." and it just encourages her to show off more
#7 Old 08-12-2009, 06:59 PM

My dog loves to culr up in the middle of my lap to sleep, I find it really cute. But when other people see it happen they think it a little odd as he's a fully grown boxer dog.

When you tell him off, he sits and gives you his paw whilst giving you is puppy dog eyes, until you pet him.

Funny umm....I don't know what it is about ambalances but he seems not move and do a really long howel until he can't hear it any more.
#8 Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Beginner

I have a pet dove with severe mood swings, lol.

One minute he is cooing happily while getting serviced pets (he loves around his beak, neck, and EYES rubbed) then the next minute he is cackling at everyone and attacking them.
#9 Old 08-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralPanda View Post

I have a pet dove with severe mood swings, lol.

One minute he is cooing happily while getting serviced pets (he loves around his beak, neck, and eggs rubbed) then the next minute he is cackling at everyone and attacking them.

One of my cats is like that. On minute she's enjoying being pet, then she gets that "I'm really pissed, leave me alone or the claws are coming out" look. 2 seconds later she back to rubbing against your legs for pets and attention. She's a goofy one
#10 Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM

Haha, this thread is cute.
#11 Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

and roll around on the tile floor, like she's showing off or flirting. I always say "Are you a pretty girl?... etc." and it just encourages her to show off more

Heehee, my Olivia does that. Also, as she's showing me her belly with her little paws up, she opens her eyes wide and makes them all shiny, like, "Can you see how CUUUUUUUUTE I am?" My mum and I call it "maximizing the cuteness". Her cat in New Zealand does does it too.

My other cat, Sophie (the one in my avatar), likes to come in under the covers first thing in the morning, and squish her little face against mine whilst stretching a paw over my neck like a hug. So freakin' cute, I never get tired of that. She pats my face with her paw sometimes, too. Some would find the face-squishing unsanitary but I don't care, I love it.
#12 Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

My dog tries to talk. She'll round her mouth, pull back her tongue and move her jaw like she really wants to form words. All that comes out is "aoooOOORRRRRrrrr" and when my husband does that sound back to her, she wags her tail like she's glad he understands what she's saying.

She also has a very uncanny sense of time which is cute, but a bit freaky as well...
#13 Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

My kitten kniows when its bedtime when I shut off the light and lay down and sleeps curled up next to me all night but everyday day around 5, or 5:10 AM he meows to leave my room because he knows my moms up, lol he has seperation anxiety he always needs attention. And he just loves licking peoples faces he's like a dog.

Oh and my cat jasper drinks whiskey haha my moms boyfriend stays up late and Jasper always hangs out with him and once he came back in the room and a good amount of his whiskey and coke was gone and he was licking at the cup but he said he doesnt drink any other alcohol just that drink lol

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#14 Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to play the viola, and every time I practiced music my dog would run up and starting howling and wagging his tail. He loved singing along! It was really funny.
#15 Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Beginner

lol i just realizes I wrote "eggs rubbed" wow what was i thinking? lol

I meant EYES. edited hehee oops!
#16 Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned

Darn I didn't get a picture of this so a description will have to do.

I was cutting Ted's claws, and after a few moments he got fed up and ran away. He came back a few minutes later, jumped on the bed and saw the clippers sitting here next to me. He stared at them, walked up slowly with his ears back like he was stalking a mouse, then quick as a flash he swiped them with one paw and they flew off the bed. Then he straightened up, looked as smug as a cat can look, and sat on my lap satisfied in the knowledge that he'd showed those clippers who's boss.
#17 Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

When Muffin was a puppy, he used to stalk my DH's socks and pants (he used to leave them folded on the bed while he was bathing in the mornings).

Now he's a bit more grown up, his cutest thing is that he goes and lies in his own bed at night (unless Keith is away in which case he won't leave me); but then, as soon as he hears we are awake in the morning, he bounds up on the bed and burrows under the covers.

He also dings his food bowls together if it's dinner time, chases the ducks when we go walkies and jumps in any puddles he sees. This is less than cute if they are a) deep and b) muddy as he then lies down in them and I have to bath him.
#18 Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

My cat Charlie has SUCH a hair fetish! He is absolutely in love with my hair. Every night before bed I have to give him at least 15 minutes of "hair time". I lie on the pillow reading and he curls up next to my head, grabs handfuls of my hair with his paws and rubs his face in my hair. Then he starts kneading my hair and my head, all the while rubbing his face in my hair. If I don't let him do this for 15 minutes every night, he meows outside the bedroom door all night.

My cat Abbey gets scared at everything. Even if I just snap my fingers or sneeze, she'll jump a foot in the air. She's very small and weak (she was the runt of a runt), so I guess she frightens very easily because of that.
#19 Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

My golden knows 7:30 both am and pm. He wakes my husband up at 7:30 every morning by smooshing his baggy lips all over his face. He doesn't lick, just smooshes...lol He does the same thing if he takes a nap in the evening before he goes to work...more smooshing @ 7:30 on the dot.
#20 Old 08-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Loki our (not so much a) kitten spends hours in the bath gazing at the plug hole. We have a little metal strainer in the plug hole (to stop drain clogging) and he'll happily spend ages patting it then he'll take it in his mouth and trot around the house with it - we keep finding it all over the place.

He also likes to come for a love in the middle of the night and will pat our heads until we wake up and give him some attention.

He loves helping in the kitchen - he has appointed himself as supervisor and chief taster. He is so cute, I love him

Our other cat, Ianto, demands that we put the tap on in the bathroom sink for him to drink from and curls in the most ridiculous of places. We lost him the other day and discovered him inside the closed wardrobe, looking very pleased with himself \t
#21 Old 08-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to have the most beautiful collie cross ***** called Tootsie. She could head a soccer ball and used to always gather a crowd when we went out with her ball skills.

She used to get phantom pregnancies and used to make nests for her soft toys and carry them round with her in her mouth like puppies. One Christmas we wrapped some toys up and put them under the tree with the rest of the gifts - came down the next morning and there was paper all over the place. She had scattered all the other gifts and unwrapped her own and was sitting there looking ridiculous with a squeaky Christmas pudding in her mouth!

She was an amazing dog and I still miss her.
#22 Old 08-15-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc55 View Post

Loki our (not so much a) kitten spends hours in the bath gazing at the plug hole. We have a little metal strainer in the plug hole (to stop drain clogging) and he'll happily spend ages patting it then he'll take it in his mouth and trot around the house with it - we keep finding it all over the place.

#23 Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pIlNacmAT0

This is what I caught my rat doing on tape when I moved the garbage from in front of her....(I added the dialogue) but I couldn't stop laughing!

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#24 Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Beginner

this is what my cat blade does to get his toy >< i finally got it on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLoNv_HjLU
#25 Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

My cat Shuma does the cutest thing...she will climb in my lap and kind of stand up and touch my nose gently with her paw and then starts to purrrrrr...and when she eats she will take a bite, turn around and look at me with a tilted head and then turn around continue eating...that is too cute to me.

~~Never take for granted the things in your posession, put your crown to the ground and stay in constant submission to the MOST HIGH~~~
~~ Yesterday is the past, and tomorrow is the future, today is a gift and that's why it's called the PRESENT~~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page