The Rat Lovers Thread! - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 AM

My oldest rat, Maple, passed away this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh, no! I'm so, so sorry!
#63 Old 08-31-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

i am so sorry that is really sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 08-31-2009, 04:13 PM

Sorry about Maple.
#65 Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that Chelsea.
#66 Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

My girls Mocha and Latte <3

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#67 Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I can't imagine how you feel!

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#68 Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Thank you, everyone!

I know a lot of people (probably no one here) would argue with me - but I think my other rats know she's missing.

It's hard to lose a pet, they're a member of the family.
#69 Old 09-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thank you, everyone!

I know a lot of people (probably no one here) would argue with me - but I think my other rats know she's missing.

It's hard to lose a pet, they're a member of the family.

I completely agree. Animals are NOT dumb. They mourn as well and even now as Latte is sick, Mocha is RIGHT THERE with her and she was running around her cage when Latte was out when we were trying to call a vet.

She is in a good place though playing with other angel ratties though. You gave her a great life, I am sure. (I know its not the same but)

#70 Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM

It's always hard losing a pet, what ever the reason. To most they're family, so I hope you're doing ok.

I never really thought of owning rats before, but since my girlfriend (Jessss2008) and I bought ours they're adorable. They're very clean for animals people see as filthy garbage eaters. They're very gentle, very funny, and very curious. I wouldn't mind getting more in the future .
#71 Old 09-02-2009, 06:38 PM

Thank you both.

Hennessy, rats ARE such amazing animals. It makes me so mad and sad when people think of them as these dirty diseased animals. I've come by people who think most rats will bite the first chance they get, too. I've had 16 rats in my life time, I've NEVER gotten more than a small nib - and it was always because I either had food (and they nibbed my finger by mistake) or they thought it was food. They've all been clean AND adorable, too.
#72 Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thank you both.

Hennessy, rats ARE such amazing animals. It makes me so mad and sad when people think of them as these dirty diseased animals. I've come by people who think most rats will bite the first chance they get, too. I've had 16 rats in my life time, I've NEVER gotten more than a small nib - and it was always because I either had food (and they nibbed my finger by mistake) or they thought it was food. They've all been clean AND adorable, too.

Same. Latte is a kiss monster. she has NEVER bitten. Mocha has bitten only when you poke her through the cage and only strangers. They are amazing. I am so mad they are illegal in Aberta BECAUSE people think they are diseased and dirty.......

#73 Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Here's a photo of my 4 girls playing in their cube earlier today. It's not a good photo to really see them/their faces, but I thought it was so cute and funny how they all climbed in at once!

#74 Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Aw, your girls are adorable, Animal Lover! Is that a cube like they make for cats? I wonder if my guys would like to play in one...

*goes off to play with her rats...*
#75 Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSquirrel View Post

Aw, your girls are adorable, Animal Lover! Is that a cube like they make for cats? I wonder if my guys would like to play in one...

*goes off to play with her rats...*

Well that one is made for small animals, it has tubes that attach to it too (you can't see them in the photo) but they also have a few larger ones that were made for cats. My rabbit likes to lay in the larger ones, too.
#76 Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 AM

As my avatar would lead you to believe I'm a rat fan! We currently have 16 and 5 mice. We got into rats about three years ago and since then have found so many needing a safe place to live out their lives. My avatar ratters is Cirrus, she's my babydoll. I've had her since she was several hours old and she's a total momma's girl. I'm too lazy to post more pictures, but I'm sure I will in the future. I post on Goosemoose as well, I think I'm MsMagpie over there, something like that.
#77 Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 PM

Veg*nmomtobe, your avatar photo of Cirrus is adorable!!!
#78 Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Veggie Regular

We have had 4 rats in our life: (Abbey Rodent, Jonathan Abdalla, Brian (from Monty Python), & Miss Melissa). They are such an underrated pet. Much smarter and affectionate than many people think. Loved all the pics (wish I had scanner to add ours from printed pics)
#79 Old 05-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Can someone enlighten me on rat potty habits? When I get rats, I'd like to have them run around my bed or in a sectioned off part of the room, but I don't know if I'd need to be running behind them with my hand held vacuum cleaner.
#80 Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page