Nasoya's Silken Creations (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry tofu) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone tried this yet? I plan on making a mock whipped cream using the vanilla for some strawberry shortcake this weekend. I'm hoping it works out well, but thought I'd see if anyone else has tried it yet.

http://www.nasoya.com/nasoya/pdf/SilkenCreations.pdf

I'll let you know what I think once I try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't tried it yet. I have taken a look at it the last few times I've been in the store, but I haven't mustered up the courage to give it a try. Strawberry shortcake sounds yum!
#3 Old 05-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I keep eyeballing it in the grocery store also. I read some reviews on it and the people that tried it seemed to like it. One reviewer said instead of using them as ingredients to other things she just eats them right out of the package and they taste like pudding. Sounds good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Ooo I never thought of using it in something like a shortcake. I may have to try that! Let us know how it comes out!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#5 Old 05-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

A little off topic: Soyatoo makes a vegan whipped cream. I tried it and it's pretty decent tasting. The only problem with it is that it starts to lose its fluffiness rather quickly and can become a gooey mess. If sprayed on a desert immediately, it might work for ya.

The Big Bad.
#6 Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

A little off topic: Soyatoo makes a vegan whipped cream. I tried it and it's pretty decent tasting. The only problem with it is that it starts to lose its fluffiness rather quickly and can become a gooey mess. If sprayed on a desert immediately, it might work for ya.

Thanks! I actually have had some sitting in my fridge for a while, but have yet to try it. I don't even know why I bought it, just because I was excited to see a vegan whipped cream I guess So if all else fails, I will use that as a backup!
#7 Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

Thanks! I actually have had some sitting in my fridge for a while, but have yet to try it. I don't even know why I bought it, just because I was excited to see a vegan whipped cream I guess So if all else fails, I will use that as a backup!

That's funny. I also bought it out of excitement for a new and exciting product. I did the same with a different vegan cream cheese i found that's not Tofutti. I wasn't impressed with it though.

The Big Bad.
#8 Old 05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That's funny. I also bought it out of excitement for a new and exciting product. I did the same with a different vegan cream cheese i found that's not Tofutti. I wasn't impressed with it though.

Was it the Follow Your Heart brand? I've tried both, and wasn't impressed with either. Both tasted like tofu.
#9 Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

Was it the Follow Your Heart brand? I've tried both, and wasn't impressed with either. Both tasted like tofu.

it was. and i agree. As i love bagels, this has not been easy as i'm still devastated. I have thought about adding strawberries or some other fruit to the tofutti to make a sweet cream cheese though. otherwise, it'll be hummus or pb and j.

The Big Bad.
#10 Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

it was. and i agree. As i love bagels, this has not been easy as i'm still devastated. I have thought about adding strawberries or some other fruit to the tofutti to make a sweet cream cheese though. otherwise, it'll be hummus or pb and j.

Well I tried the Nasoya strawberry flavored tofu (which is more the consistency of pudding, btw) last night in a smoothie w/ banana, pineapple and vanilla soymilk, and even with all that other stuff, I could still taste the tofu. So, that got me searching and I may end up doing a cashew whipped cream instead. Still debating. I believe you can make homemade "cream cheese" with raw cashews too though, hoodedclawjen responded in my other thread and mentioned she has done it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page