Sharing Bad Experiences with Vega Whole Foods Optimizer - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Hello! I have read a few of the other threads that have been posted on the topic of Vega, but thought it would be best to start a new one with this topic specifically.

Have you or any one you know had a negative experience with Vega Whole Food Optimizer either right away or with use over time? I'm particularly interested in unpleasant digestive responses, like diarreah and cramping, but would be grateful for info about any other type of response you've had as well.

I know some of this info may be personal, and I will read and respond your stories with utmost respect and care. Thanks so much for sharing!

Best Wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Banned

what an interesting question for a first post. have you had problems with this product that you'd like to share?
#3 Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM

Thanks for your consideration of my post, and yes it is my very first one. I found this board in my research of this product and am very grateful.

I have a close friend who had a very unpleasant experience after taking the Vega. They developed very intense diarreah and cramps. Their health and digestion prior to this were in excellent condition. We are researching other people's response to this product so that we can understand more clearly how to help the healing process from this point onward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Thanks for your consideration of my post, and yes it is my very first one. I found this board in my research of this product and am very grateful.

I have a close friend who had a very unpleasant experience after taking the Vega. They developed very intense diarreah and cramps. Their health and digestion prior to this were in excellent condition. An acupuncturist who has worked with my friend for many years also noted a weakening of the kidneys and liver after this event.

We are researching other people's responses to this product so that we can understand more clearly if this may be a piece of this puzzle and how to help the healing process from this point onward.

Thanks Very Much, I hope this info was helpful.
#5 Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

Sadly I can't offer much hope since personally I've felt amazing after using Vega

EDIT:

Could she maybe have issues with an ingredient? Some sort of allergy or maybe she has a genetic disorder she didn't know of that reacts to something in this product?
#6 Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 AM

There was a poster on here (Proudvegan, you can PM her but she doesn't really come on the site much at all anymore.) that had to go to the hospital for dehydration both times she used Vega. Last I heard from her, she was trying to sue them, but they told her nothing was wrong with the product. (they did test on it for bacteria and whatnot to see if she got a bad batch)
#7 Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks AL for the heads up!

Yes, I had problems with using VEGA twice. Few hours after drinking VEGA I was getting cramps, vomited, had diarrhea, and passed out! I was hospitalized. Two weeks later when I thought I was feeling better, i decided to try VEGA again... few hours later, i had the worse abdominal pain and then i started throwing up.. my body became cold as if i was going to passed out (again).. went to the hospital.

So basically VEGA depleted my body of all the nutrients.

I contacted VEGA and they dont want to do anything about it... but I am suing them. They havent responded back to me, but i am looking for a good attorney. They owe me money for the product and shipping those product back to them.
#8 Old 02-21-2009, 05:47 PM

Proud Vegan, I am so sorry to hear of your terrible experience. It bears so many simmilarities to my friend's encounter!

I am wishing you health, empowerment and success in your journey to recitify the situation with Vega and would love to hear more about it, so I will PM you!

Thanks to animal lover for sharing this thread with her!
#9 Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM

I'm new to the board and happy to have found my way here. Have been vegetarian for 20 plus years and it is nice to be able to share information and gain additional insights. Would love to pass along some of my fav recipes once I've moved.

Read the posts from Proud Vegan and Quinoaandkale and would very much also like to communicate with you both about your experiences or knowledge as I'm aware of others who have had similar types of experiences with that product.
#10 Old 02-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

what happened with your experience with Vega?
#11 Old 03-02-2009, 07:24 AM

Hi ProudVegan... A lady I know well used Vega and had a horrific reaction to the product – severe cramping, violent diarrhoea and vomiting at same time, and then into shock, which was dangerous and scary. If not for knowledge of what to do, I dare not think of what could have happened as a result. This person has had terrible digestive problems since then, as well as kidney and liver problems that originated from the time of the incident. 8 months later, they are still having an ongoing battle to regain health. Like you, Vega tested the product but said it was within acceptable limits on test criteria used. Hmmm… I believe there could be more to this than meets the eye.
#12 Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

BUMP!!

Anyone else??!?!?!?!??!
#13 Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVegan View Post

Yes, I had problems with using VEGA twice. Few hours after drinking VEGA I was getting cramps, vomited, had diarrhea, and passed out! I was hospitalized. Two weeks later when I thought I was feeling better, i decided to try VEGA again... few hours later, i had the worse abdominal pain and then i started throwing up.. my body became cold as if i was going to passed out (again).. went to the hospital.

I contacted VEGA and they dont want to do anything about it... but I am suing them. They havent responded back to me, but i am looking for a good attorney. They owe me money for the product and shipping those product back to them.

This is NUTS! Wow! I'm glad you're okay.

On another note, is there a similar type (safer) product that you use now instead?
#14 Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Is this the Vega powdered energy drink? I've had two different batches of that and I didn't have any negative reaction. I do wonder if there was a bad batch or if some people are allergic to a certain ingredient in the product.

I feel bad for anyone who has had some of these really bad reactions to any product.
#15 Old 03-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I haven't had any negative reactions to that product either. Is there some ingredient in it that those who have had a problem haven't had before?

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#16 Old 03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

That's terrifying! I have never heard of anyone personally having an issue with Vega! I just bought some and haven't had a problem with it, other than the taste not being my favourite.
#17 Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM

What flavors produced the bad reactions?

I just ordered some of this stuff, maybe I'll cancel my order if possible!
#18 Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM

Well I received my chocolate Vega today. I am having my first serving right now. I'll post if I experience any negative repercussions from ingesting this stuff, but I must say it tastes pretty blech!
#19 Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 PM

I drink the chocolate one and I feel fine! I only felt very thirsty and had a headache the first few times I had it, but I think it's part of the detox effects. Now I don't have any problems and I drink it everyday.

xoxo
#20 Old 04-04-2009, 02:50 PM

I have tried all the flavors, and have found that the berry flavor is the most palatable. It's actually not bad at all! I have had no negative experiences with this, and feel energized for the rest of the day.
#21 Old 08-01-2009, 10:20 AM

I just started trying it out and slept so good the first night and last night. I can tell a positive difference immediately.

I too feel she must have an allergy to something in the product which would definitely not be appropriate for a law suit since we all have allergies from time to time.

I'm usually the one who gets negative reactions when I try new things and for once I had none to this one, which again is very unusual for me.
#22 Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM

Wow,not only did I get very very ill from vega,but they told me I was an isolated case as far as the severity of my reaction!!!

I took Vega and within 10 minutes I was feeling completely out of it.I thought it would subside so I went to the gym.I couldnt concentrate and started feeling dizzy and went home.Within 20 minutes,i had terrible chills and developed a 103.5 fever.

I called the company the next day and they had the audacity to tell me that I could only return the product to the store which was 1.5 hours away.Can you imagine having a product that caused me to nearly pass out and develop a 103.5 fever and not even have he decency to offer a direct refund?

Terrible product and an even worse customer service..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVegan View Post

#23 Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM

In fairness, I have just gotten off the phone with customer service over at Vega and they couldnt have been nicer,more helpful as well as concerned.

I may be lowering the portion of vega to a quarter of what some people take and see if that works for me..

Wish me luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by taowave View Post

Wow,not only did I get very very ill from vega,but they told me I was an isolated case as far as the severity of my reaction!!!

I took Vega and within 10 minutes I was feeling completely out of it.I thought it would subside so I went to the gym.I couldnt concentrate and started feeling dizzy and went home.Within 20 minutes,i had terrible chills and developed a 103.5 fever.

I called the company the next day and they had the audacity to tell me that I could only return the product to the store which was 1.5 hours away.Can you imagine having a product that caused me to nearly pass out and develop a 103.5 fever and not even have he decency to offer a direct refund?

What is worse is after hearing your responce,it is clear that they have lied to me as well.I will be contacting my attorney as well...

Terrible product and an even worse customer service..

#24 Old 12-13-2009, 10:44 PM

Hey there, that's exactly what happened to me... I drunk it an 2 hours later I had the worst cramps, diarrhea and I threw up.... I also sweat like crazy for 10 minutes, I thought I was gonna pass out... very bad product!!!
#25 Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Oh good lord.

I tried Vegasport twice, VBB Robert Cheeke sent me some, I have the most AMAZING exercise, great energy, fabulous feeling, but about two hours later I had diarrhea, then constipated for about two days. I seem to be coming out of it now. I was going to buy some more... but I don't think I will after reading this thread.

Actually, now I'm just happy as hell I didn't have some of the problems the rest of you had.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#26 Old 12-19-2009, 01:37 PM

I just found the product last week and have had two of the optimizer and one of the lemon lime sports. I'll be ordering some after I weed through all the sites and find the best price. No bad reactions from the three servings yesterday and this morning.

If you are thinking about the product buy the small sized packets first. Whole Foods has the meal replacement packet for $3.50. They don't have the sport packet.
#27 Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 AM

clearly everyone who's had a bad experience with this product have no clue about what goes on when your body is being "cleansed". you probably bought the product from someone who doesn't have a clue either. when i bought it that was the first thing they told me was that i'd most likely have diarrhea etc. but that it's JUST THE BODY CLEANSING ITSELFf. this stuff has soo much good stuff in it that it's like a shock to our bodies which are just littered with JUNK. obviously nones heard of the saying "no pain, no gain" either.

this goes for pretty much everything in life... anything that's worth doing or that has a great reward will NOT be easy! if u can push through these symptoms the benefits will be great; or u can just cry to mommy and give up on the product. and if it tastes nasty that's another clue that it's probably good for you!

also, start of SLOW like 1/2 a scoop - 1 scoop a day instead of the full 2 scoops!!
#28 Old 12-30-2009, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my...
#29 Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM

I know this thread is quite old but I just wanted to add that I had a bad experience with it also. All I can say is that I felt really unwell and and sick. I only had a small amount too. Tried it a couple of times and never touched it again.
#30 Old 01-18-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apilkey View Post

clearly everyone who's had a bad experience with this product have no clue about what goes on when your body is being "cleansed". you probably bought the product from someone who doesn't have a clue either. when i bought it that was the first thing they told me was that i'd most likely have diarrhea etc. but that it's JUST THE BODY CLEANSING ITSELFf. this stuff has soo much good stuff in it that it's like a shock to our bodies which are just littered with JUNK. obviously nones heard of the saying "no pain, no gain" either.

this goes for pretty much everything in life... anything that's worth doing or that has a great reward will NOT be easy! if u can push through these symptoms the benefits will be great; or u can just cry to mommy and give up on the product. and if it tastes nasty that's another clue that it's probably good for you!

also, start of SLOW like 1/2 a scoop - 1 scoop a day instead of the full 2 scoops!!

I really hope this was sarcasm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page