VeggieBoards banner

Coat confusion?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Apathy&Sarcasm 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a jacket from Candies that I stopped wearing when I became a vegan. It's been sitting in my closet because I never bothered to look at the tag since it looks and feels like suede. Anyway, I recently read what it is made of and it says, "Suede shell: 100% Polyester. Lining: 100% Polyester." It's says to machine wash also. Maybe it's a stupid question but why does it say "suede" if it's supposedly 100% polyester? I looked it up and I found a fabric called "100% Polyester Suede" made of polyester. I hope someone can enlighten me on this matter and I hope it's not actually suede so I can wear it again. Thanks! :]

#2 ·
I've bought things made from suedecloth. They are a lot like suede, but washable, which suede usually isn't.

To be sure, smell it. Do you know what real suede and leather smell like? If it smells like ordinary synthetic fabric, it probably is. If it has that distinctive scent of tanned animal hide, you're bound to notice it. That's how I tell whether to buy shoes or bags that aren't labeled properly. You can always tell by the smell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.