Vibram Five Fingers - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm thinking about trying to find a nearby store and get some.

I've searched and a couple people posted about these, but I wanted to see a thread on them.

By the way from:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/technology/faqs.cfm

Quote:

ARE VIBRAM FIVEFINGERS A GOOD CHOICE FOR VEGANS?

Yes! Currently, every style and color of Vibram FiveFingers is made from vegan friendly materials.

I believe everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-12-2008, 02:42 AM

I've thought about it (and own 4 pairs of shoes/boots with vibram soles), but there still a bit too much of a rip off in the UK.
#3 Old 09-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Veggie Regular

nogardsram

They look interesting going barefoot is just the best but not recommendable most of the time, at least not in the city, so I never get to do it much except on the island. Im interested in opinions too, Id be afraid to get a sore between my toes from them?!

Almost cant believe it but they are already available in Germany?! Wow. Not sure if Id actually dare to wear them in public, but if I did, as people probably would stare at them anyways, I could as well write v-e-g-a-n on the toes LOL. I think Id like the KSO. Looks like theyre sold out at the moment though, but you can pre-order from the new range in November. 100 is not half bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, that "between the toes" design would drive me insane, but they sound like a neat idea. MrF, what do you mean, that you have some shoes with vibram soles? Are they some sort of slip-ins?

nogardsram, btw. Long time, no see.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#5 Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 AM

Vibram generally make extremely comfortable (esp for walking/hiking) soles (as in the whole base of the shoe) that other manufacturers then use in their own shoes. For instance I've a pair of these which are great for hill walking (I've not walked in other vegan hiking boots but the build quality seems far superior to those i've seen, such as ethicalwares). My other 3 pairs are Merrell. They're very hardwaring and comfortable for casual use (I'm wearing some now).
#6 Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Quinoa and IamJen. I've been away from the internets for awhile.

I'm currently working on my toe dexterity and am really interested in this product partly for that purpose. I really, really, really dislike shoes, but they seem so necessary.

I believe everything.
#7 Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

and you guys think Crocs are ugly???

those are hideous!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#8 Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't realize I thought Crocs were ugly. I assume we're not talking about crocodiles.

I don't really think they're hideous, I just think they're very outside the norm. Which I like. And I think they're more functional or at least wonder from feedback hopefully if they are.

I believe everything.
#9 Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

nogardsram

I have tried them on and i love them. however I wouldn't buy them until i need shoes, which I don't at the moment.

Separating toes is great for your posture and body alignment and being almost barefoot is great for a range of purposes. I hate wearing shoes and go barefoot most of the time (often with horrific injuries as a result!). When my sneakers run out I am most likely going to get a pair.
#10 Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin84 View Post

nogardsram

I have tried them on and i love them. however I wouldn't buy them until i need shoes, which I don't at the moment.

Separating toes is great for your posture and body alignment and being almost barefoot is great for a range of purposes. I hate wearing shoes and go barefoot most of the time (often with horrific injuries as a result!). When my sneakers run out I am most likely going to get a pair.

Thanks for the input.

The closest place to me where I can try them on is several hundred miles away. Guess I'll have to plan a trip soon.

I believe everything.
#11 Old 09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry but just looking at those makes my toes squirm. I'm very weird about my feet & toes. I tried on those toe socks once and *shudder*...
#12 Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Gosh, I didn't realize how uncomfortable this was for people.

I believe everything.
#13 Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

Sorry but just looking at those makes my toes squirm. I'm very weird about my feet & toes. I tried on those toe socks once and *shudder*...

I'm the opposite ... I only wear toe socks when I have to wear any socks at all, and when my toes touch one another I feel physically ill!
#14 Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

WOW! I think they look absolutely COOL! I have worn Birkenstocks exclusively for 15 years (or go barefoot whenever I can get away with it) - because I have serious heel spur problems AND can't stand anything around my toes, even socks....

I would LOVE to try these but I wonder if I could get used to something seriously enclosing my toes. It'd sure be fun to try though...
#15 Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I BOUGHT a pair months ago. There is no place around me where I could try them on (no, seriously, no REIs here ). They were too big. So I sent them back and asked for another size. Apparently they don't have the other size, and it's been forever since I sent them back. It was nice of their customer service to email and tell me what was going on, but I've been waiting for quite some time, and I even asked for either of two colors, whatever came in my size the quickest. So not so impressed about that.

Otherwise, I think I'll like them a lot. I tried on a pair, and they seemed super comfy (if you like being barefoot, which I absolutely do), they were just too big.
#16 Old 09-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

I really, really, really dislike shoes, but they seem so necessary.

You are such a freakin hippy!

I like that.

I don't think I could ever wear those "shoes". I remember some socks that used to have those separated toes and I could never understand why someone would want to wear them.
#17 Old 09-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Vibram five fingers sounds like a euphemism for masturbation to me

m8itcanw8.com
#18 Old 09-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Yeah, that's what I like about them too.

I believe everything.
#19 Old 09-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

I don't think I could ever wear those "shoes". I remember some socks that used to have those separated toes and I could never understand why someone would want to wear them.

Do you prefer mittens or gloves on your hands?

I believe everything.
#20 Old 09-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

Do you prefer mittens or gloves on your hands?

Well, I have Raynaud's Sydrome (when I was growing up I thought everyone got really, really cold hands and feet - my hands and feet stay cold even when I have a fever) so I definitely prefer mittens. But yeah, I get your point, I don't mind wearing gloves at all. The thought of wearing those socks and shoes still bothers me though.

So what are you going to do when you have more dexterity in your feet/toes? I guess you could type on your computer and eat at the same time if you master some new skills.
#21 Old 09-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

So what are you going to do when you have more dexterity in your feet/toes? I guess you could type on your computer and eat at the same time if you master some new skills.

What do you mean could? My words per minutes with my toes is around 15 right now. I'm working on making a special keyboard that I put on the ground fit for my feet. I figure it's easier to type with my feet than to try to get flexible enough to and dexterous enough to put a spoon or fork in my mouth. At least yet.

Maybe I'm just lazy. I figure I don't have to bend over if I use my toes to pick stuff up.

I believe everything.
#22 Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

i like mine but it took more than once to get a good fit.

you're lucky if you're able to find a store that carries them.
#23 Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 AM

I think they're great too !! I went down in size so they would fit snugly even when wet - and the only thing I would change is that. Stick with your regular size. They are terrific. The ONLY time I didn't like them is when I was stuck on HOT concrete for a long walk. Otherwise, I wish I had one pair in every color of the rainbow !!
#24 Old 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't wait to get a pair. For the folks who have them; have you had them long? How worn do they get from everyday use? If I like 'em am I going to have to get a new pair every six months or something ridiculous is what I'm after, so how do they hold up?
#25 Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dirty mind. I thought it sounded like a sex toy.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#26 Old 09-16-2008, 04:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dirty mind. I thought it sounded like a sex toy.

me too :/
#27 Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Banned

+ me. i also thought it might be some kind of underworld gangster.

i'd like to try a pair of those on. i'm really funny about things touching between my toes though, so it'd probably be a very quick experience ending with much shreiking and wiggling.
#28 Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Those look completely idiotic but fun. Maybe not $70 fun, but more like $30 fun.
#29 Old 09-18-2008, 06:51 AM

i like the look of them, theyd be good for the beach.
#30 Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

But how fast do they wear? What are the soles like? Real soft or pretty firm? Do they wear evenly over your feet, or more in specific areas? People who have them, come back! I gotta know!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page