Vibram Five Fingers - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I like 'em. You should definitely buy a pair and let me know how they hold up :d I'm unwilling to spend 70 bucks on a pair right now but they sound right up my alley. I'm barefoot most of the time and wear flip flops until there's too much snow for me to walk through with them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

But how fast do they wear? What are the soles like? Real soft or pretty firm? Do they wear evenly over your feet, or more in specific areas? People who have them, come back! I gotta know!

It sounds like you're having second thoughts. You really should think this through before you actually purchase a pair. I'm glad you're asking the questions, though - some people just jump into a purchase like this without realizing what they're getting into.
#33 Old 09-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

It sounds like you're having second thoughts. You really should think this through before you actually purchase a pair. I'm glad you're asking the questions, though - some people just jump into a purchase like this without realizing what they're getting into.

I'm not having second thoughts, these are still the original thoughts I had right from the beginning. I just want to know if I get them and love them dearly how often I'll have to shell out the 70$ for replacements.

Plus I don't want to purchase them online and the nearest store is very far away, so I've got some time to kill before actually being confronted with the possibility of buying them.

Normally I spend 50-80$ on shoes every two years (they need to be replaced in one, sometimes I can drag it out to three or even four, I hate buying shoes) so it's not the biggest deal, just like a new pair of shoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I once bought some hemp shoes online and they didn't fit. I was able to send them back but I had to pay for shipping. I didn't bother trying another pair because I can't waste money on shipping four or five pairs of shoes back and forth.

Yeah, I think it's best to buy from a IRL store if you can.

And it would be nice to know if the shoes have good soles that don't wear down quickly.

So where are those people that have owned them???
#35 Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

So where are those people that have owned them???

That's why I started this thread. People really want to know!

I believe everything.
#36 Old 09-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Vibram soles are very good quality, I have vibram soles on some other shoes. However I haven't got these so I can't say for sure.
#37 Old 07-28-2009, 12:26 PM

I know this topic is old....

I own a pair of these. EVERYONE should own a pair of these! I absolutely love them. I own a pair of Sprints, and this weekend I'm driving 2 hours to my nearest retailer to buy a pair of KSOs. I would order them online, but I'm in a hurry to get them because I want them for my upcoming vacation. They are very comfortable. I don't like toe socks or things between my toes, but these don't bother me. Honestly, I don't even notice. The material is really thin and breathes well so it would be hard to notice I think. The soles are sort of fit to the way the human foot is. These are perfect for hiking trails or walking on concrete, but walking on gravel or sharp pointy little rocks will hurt your feet... just like walking on them barefoot would.

The sizing is tricky. It took me 3 times to get the right pair. The first time I ordered the Classics, which I didnt like, and the second I ordered Sprints (which I recommend) but they were too small. If you are ordering online, I suggest ordering two different sizes and then just sending one back. They have great customer service.

Yes, they are expensive, but SO worth it. I'm really cheap. I only own one pair of black flip flops that I've had over two years, and these fivefingers, which are my favorite purchase ever.

I wore these all over Yosemite in May and had no problems. I guess the only downside is that people everywhere will stop and ask you about them. I didn't mind though.

But anyways, they are great. Here are some pictures of me wearing them all over the valley:

I photobomb my girlfriend's pictures with them

These were great on the mist trail. Everyone else's shoes and socks were soaked, and with mine it didn't matter. Not to mention, the trail is pretty slippery and I had great grip and was really able to feel if where I was stepping was stable or not.

#38 Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a pair of these and really like them, but mine have a tendency to rub my heels. I have very narrow feet and heels and to get them to fit my heels, I have to tighten the back strap down, which makes it rub a bit.

But I have strange feet and I definitely don't think it would be an issue for most people. And it doesn't stop me from loving mine.

They're pretty comfortable. Definitely more flexible than most shoes, but not so thin that you feel every little pebble under your feet.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#39 Old 08-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Beginner

http://skwigg.tripod.com/blog/

she has a really great review-gotta scroll down a bit
#40 Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I got a pair a few months ago. I love them! I don't really like wearing shoes unless I have to, and athletic shoes annoy me more. So I wear these to work out. It earned me my workout nickname (I do calisthenics with a group which gives everyone a nickname) - Twinkletoes! The shoes are pretty comfy, although in extreme heat/sun, my feet still get really hot on the tops, even where they're covered, and the open top is not conducive to walking on fire ant-infested lawns. Otherwise they're awesome.

Plus, I was at this relay marathon sign-in (not for me, I'm a terrible runner), and this woman was standing there next to a machine that measures pressure distribution from your foot, in order to prove to people they needed her expensive athletic shoes or they'd ruin their feet. She singled me out over my Vibrams and I agreed to come over and try her machine out of curiosity. She said without any arch support or heel cushioning (I wear Vibrams, totally flat Gurkees sandals, or cheap, flat, ballet-style dress shoes), I'd have horribly flat feet and need her orthopedic arch support forever if I didn't want to be in pain. My theory is the opposite - let your feet muscles work and they probably won't need support. I took off my shoes, stepped onto her machine, and she gasped as she saw my extremely high, pronounced arch. She even made me do it twice because she accused me of cheating it somehow! So if you're wondering, these shoes WILL NOT automatically destroy your feet.
#41 Old 08-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I've finally realized that my Sprints are too small for me (hence the fit issues), thanks to my referencing the men's sizing chart when I originally got them, so I just ordered myself a pair of FiveFingers KSO's (the new full foot cover style).

I ordered a size up from what the sizing chart recommends so I can wear them with socks, so we'll see how they fit. Hopefully it's the right size because I can't find the next size down anywhere at the moment.

#42 Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieS View Post

I wore these all over Yosemite in May and had no problems. I guess the only downside is that people everywhere will stop and ask you about them. I didn't mind though.

But anyways, they are great. Here are some pictures of me wearing them all over the valley:

...These were great on the mist trail. Everyone else's shoes and socks were soaked, and with mine it didn't matter. Not to mention, the trail is pretty slippery and I had great grip and was really able to feel if where I was stepping was stable or not.

Oh I was in Yosemite in May too, and I hiked the Mist trail! I also just ordered a pair of these shoes. Just got the confirmation in my email.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#43 Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I got my KSO's in today and I love them! They're so ridiculously comfy and light and wonderful.

Getting the right size sure made a difference.

These are definitely going to get plenty of wear.

#44 Old 08-18-2009, 11:54 PM

i have been using them for barefoot running. and i get them from mec.com

or co-op mountain equipement
#45 Old 08-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Oh I was in Yosemite in May too, and I hiked the Mist trail! I also just ordered a pair of these shoes. Just got the confirmation in my email.

God wasn't it beautiful?!? The mist trail really blew my mind and my feet loved it too!
#46 Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yes!!! I went in the very late afternoon and saw the rainbows. I need to sort through my photos still. I must have taken nearly a thousand. I'll be wearing my Vibrams next time I go!

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#47 Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/index.cfm

These "shoes" were designed to mimic barefoot walking and running. They're associated with the author of Born to Run and seem to have a lot of good things behind them. Although they look a little funky, they offer a vegan pair.

I'm currently training to run a marathon in Feb and consider switching to these for my training. Does anyone else have experience with these shoes?
#48 Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

There's another thread around here somewhere about these. I'll look for it in a minute.

I had a pair of Sprints and got rid of them (not because I didn't like them, but because I got the wrong size) and replaced them with KSO's (Keep Stuff Out) and love them. They're comfy and lightweight and walking in them is the next best thing to being barefoot in my book.

ETA: Here go. This is the old thread: Vibram Five Fingers

#49 Old 10-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I just got a pair recently but have only broken them in around the house so far.
#50 Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM

I asked for a pair of these from my hubby for xmas
#51 Old 10-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Veggie Regular

The name of these shoes sounds dirty. If you didn't have "shoes" in the title, I would think you were reviewing a totally different type of product....
#52 Old 10-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

The name of these shoes sounds dirty. If you didn't have "shoes" in the title, I would think you were reviewing a totally different type of product....

Gloves?
#53 Old 10-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Shoes is in quotes, too, so that probably doesn't help the confusion.
#54 Old 10-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I would love to try them, but my little toes are... curly (for lack of a better word). There is a store here that sells them. I'm going to have to go in and give them a try.

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!
#55 Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

My little toes are stubby little buggers, I think they're curly too. I broke one of them so it's all thick.

My feet are so oddly shaped too that I think I'd have trouble finding any that fit. I'd love to give it a go as I'd love to take up running.
#56 Old 10-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

LOL....I was totally thinking the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by holnrew View Post

Gloves?

Yup Gloves....hehe

These Shoes are Adorable and I love Shoes....never heard of these thankies for the heads up.
#57 Old 10-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Why does this thread title sound dirty to me?
#58 Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I am totally getting a pair of these!!

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#59 Old 10-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

FYI 2 duplicate threads merged.
#60 Old 10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm thinking about trying to find a nearby store and get some.

I've searched and a couple people posted about these, but I wanted to see a thread on them.

By the way from:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/technology/faqs.cfm

Without clicking on the link, I'm pretty sure this sounds like a sex toy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page