Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-28-2008, 12:57 PM

taste like lobster.

anyone else agree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't had a luna bar in a long time and I've never had lobster so... I don't know.
#3 Old 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM

yeah, the luna bars have a buttery lemony taste.

reminds me of lobster sooo much. i actually went around to some of my friends during lunch today and gave them a piece and asked if they thought so too, most did.

anyone else agreeeee?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Thankfully I have never had lobster, but maybe I would like it since I do love these luna bars. Buttery lemon is a good flavor.
#5 Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I always felt lobster had a fishy taste... lemonzest has a.. lemon taste. Maybe because I never put butter on fish as an omnivore, and put lemon on everything as an herbivore...
#6 Old 08-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never had lobster. The smell of seafood has always made me nausous. I'm also not a fan of lemon flavored things. I haven't tried the lemonzest bar but I love a lot of the other flavors. I'm really glad I've avoided the lemon one now even more.
#7 Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I could go for some lemons right now.
#8 Old 09-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Been ages since I had lobster, but no, I don't think it tastes anything like that. I love how very lemony the lemon zest bars are...they are one of my favorite flavors. That's what I go for when I want a refreshing taste. Otherwise, it's gotta be the chocolate raspberry.
#9 Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Unintentionally Kittened

eww, no. Expect for being very sweet, i like the lemonzest flavor.

But i know what you mean; once i put Old Bay seasoning on couscous and as soon as i tasted it my brain was like 'don't eat that! it's crab'. And if i put prepared horseradish or cocktail sauce on crackers my first reaction is 'shrimp?'

A plastic hutch is no substitute for a mother. Replace dairy, not mothers.
#10 Old 09-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm allergic to shellfish so i never did actually taste lobster so i can't say that i have an opinion

My 7 cents.
#11 Old 09-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Lobster? No, I loved seafood when I was an omnivore, and I don't think Lemonzest Luna bars taste like lobster. They are pretty nasty, though.
#12 Old 09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I would say that that is one of the weirdest things I'd ever heard, but then I remembered I once a had an almond butter/carob covered rice cake that tasted so much like a Big Mac to me I had to throw it away.

I can offer no reasonable explanation for that.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#13 Old 09-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Veggie Regular

It's probably just the lemon-butter flavour reminding you of lobster rather than it actually tasting like lobster and your friends probably tasted the lobster from a combination of the lemon-butter and the fact that you put the idea that it was going to taste like lobster in their heads before they tried it. The mind is a very powerful thing.

I've never had lobster but i've had crayfish and I can tell you, It tastes nothing at all like a shellfish too me. My Mom who loves sea'food' likes them too and she's never said they taste like a fish either.
#14 Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 AM

Some of the blind taste tests researchers have done show that suggestion can trump evidence of the senses all the time. Pretty interesting. Tell people there are strawberries in something and they taste them, even if it's pure chocolate. Or vice versa.
#15 Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by faded_amaranth View Post

But i know what you mean; once i put Old Bay seasoning on couscous and as soon as i tasted it my brain was like 'don't eat that! it's crab'. And if i put prepared horseradish or cocktail sauce on crackers my first reaction is 'shrimp?'

I picture this scenario as you combining ingredients and then somehow, inexplicably, they turn into something else entirely and you have no way of predicting what it will turn into.
#16 Old 09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Beginner

The only time I ever ate lobster, I equated it to macaroni. Don't know why... so... luna bars = macaroni for me? Don't think so.
#17 Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 PM

I am not a lemon fan but tried them anyways and they tasted strange not like lobster but wierd to me but thought it was just cause of the lemon.
#18 Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM

its so weird cuz to me the lemon luna bars taste like the smell of lemon cleaner....this is the only way i can describe this...i know its weird cuz i never actually tasted lemon cleaner, but for some reason they remind me of that. needless to say, i dont like them..now the other flavors are fine, its jus the lemon that makes me say ick...
#19 Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliveg View Post

its so weird cuz to me the lemon luna bars taste like the smell of lemon cleaner....this is the only way i can describe this...i know its weird cuz i never actually tasted lemon cleaner, but for some reason they remind me of that. needless to say, i dont like them..now the other flavors are fine, its jus the lemon that makes me say ick...

I don't think its weird. I associate anything lemon flavor with lemon cleaner also. So yeah..I'm definetly not a fan.
#20 Old 10-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to also, and years ago made the switch to an unscented dish soap and use baking soda and/or vinegar to clean pretty much anything else. I no longer associate citrus aromas with cleaners and can enjoy citrus foods and citrus flavored foods again.

My boyfriend has this problem with mint. He cannot stand to have it on anything because it reminds him of toothpaste. Best way I can be sure that the chocolate bar remains ALL MINE is to buy one that has mint in it.
#21 Old 10-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Lobster...no.

Nasty as heck...
#22 Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

They do not taste like lobster to me, but I do not like them. They do sorta taste like a cleaning product or soap or something. I have a whole box that I will force myself to finish, but I will buy another flavor when this is done.
#23 Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

They do not taste like lobster to me, but I do not like them. They do sorta taste like a cleaning product or soap or something. I have a whole box that I will force myself to finish, but I will buy another flavor when this is done.

No need to force yourself....just mail them to me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page