Vegusto No-Moo Cheese (Swiss vegan cheese) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I know most of you won't be able to order this product or the shipping would be too expensive but hey: That's soy/wheat cheese that really tastes like cheese! I used it in a Seitan mexican style Sandwich, it really goes well with cumin spiced food so I would describe the taste as a mix of traditional swiss cheese and cheddar style cheese.

This evening I'm going to try it in a lasagne or a fajita, I'm not yet sure what to prefer.

http://www.vegi-service.ch/shop-ch/produkt.php?id=400 (only available in german)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Veggie Regular

To hear from someone who actually got his hands on some "No-Muh-Chäs" and tried it!

Heard about this a while ago online, but it seemed difficult to purchase (pre-orders to be made, etc. – not how I like to shop for groceries!). Meanwhile, not that desperate to try just vegan cheese, I had forgotten about it.

Cheeze of Swiss origin sounds much more promising than from [insert other countries not well-known as expert cheesemakers] in any case!

Also looks a lot more like dairy cheese than the other alternatives I’ve seen/tried (mainly Cheezly). Nice.

Too bad they only deliver in Switzerland/Liechtenstein.

There are some German vegan online stores who also deliver to other EU countries on request (also might be easier for EU residents than trying to order from Switzerland because of customs?), so if someone can’t wait for the stuff to appear in their local stores, they might want to try (for example) at

vegan wonderland or (more expensively) at veganic, see their

terms/mail for questions about delivery/payment abroad .

It now seems to be available within a few days, no advance orders to be made.
#3 Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Veggie Regular

They do deliver to origins outside Switzerland or Liechtenstein, somewhere in the shop is stated "Ask for delivery outside Switzerland or Liechtenstein". And for guys from Austria there's also a distro for them.

I just had a Sandwich with more No-Muh cheese then yesterday and have to correct my sentence about the taste: It has also a Gorgonzola note in it (a quite dominating).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan0r View Post

I just had a Sandwich with more No-Muh cheese then yesterday and have to correct my sentence about the taste: It has also a Gorgonzola note in it (a quite dominating).

Hey, stop it, I bet some new vegans go all - or maybe - if they read this
#5 Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Shall I open another thread regarding swiss products ? Yesterday Rivella (somekind of swiss national soft drink) released a new soft drink called Rivella Yellow. In this version they use soy instead of lactose (which is used in the blue, red and green version), I'm going to try it today - but they won't export it till it's fully established on the swiss market... So if it's good I can tease you with swiss only products once more !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page