All natural voluminizing shampoo? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-15-2008, 07:07 PM

So I'm almost finished with my bottle of shampoo, and I'm going to be shopping for another one very soon. I have super fine hair. I recently got a free sample of Herbal Essences voluminizing shampoo and even though I usually use all natural shampoos (Jason, or Desert Essence), I decided to try it. It, unfortunately, was fantastic! But I refuse to put chemicals into my hair long term. Does anyone have any recommendations for an all natural shampoo that voluminizes really well? Preferably under $20. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

check out Pureology. They are also vegan
#3 Old 06-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I have yet to try a "volumizing" shampoo that actually works. I've have super fine, straight hair and I've been really happy with Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner. It's not a "volumizing" product but it makes my hair soft and shiny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 PM

Thanks for your replies! I don't do anything to my hair in regards to blow drying, gels, sprays, etc. So I really need a good shampoo to all the work for me since I'm so disinterested in spending too much time on it as well as lazy. I don't want to blow money on something that doesn't work well since I won't waste anything that I buy and I would grudgingly use all of it no matter what. Again thanks, and I'll look into these suggestions.
#5 Old 06-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya View Post

check out Pureology. They are also vegan

Pureology is so expensive, I couldn't afford it and when I offered my first born child, they said it wasn't enough.

#6 Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post

I have yet to try a "volumizing" shampoo that actually works. I've have super fine, straight hair and I've been really happy with Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner. It's not a "volumizing" product but it makes my hair soft and shiny.

Me either. My hair is SUPER DUPER thin and needs a miracle!

I bought some great shampoo and conditioner from Bath and Body Works, but I want to get a brand that does no animal testing at all. Once I'm out, I'm going to try Paul Mitchell.
#7 Old 06-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Pureology is so expensive, I couldn't afford it and when I offered my first born child, they said it wasn't enough.

is it? yeah, i've never purchased it, but my salon uses it on me. it's good stuff.
#8 Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, it's pretty expensive. My sister used it. At the local hair salon, I think it's about $25 for 10 ounces of shampoo. I couldn't imagine spending $50 on 2 tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner. And I complained about $5 bottles
#9 Old 06-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

It is super expensive, but I have found that I have to use less of it to get the desired effect. The shampoo and conditioner lasts so long, as do the styling products. I think it's worth the investment if you can swing it.
#10 Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Beginner

don't know what you consider "natural" but i have been plugging samy salon products lately. they are vegan and sulfate free. also inexpensive - around $5. worth a shot!
#11 Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missanthropy15 View Post

It is super expensive, but I have found that I have to use less of it to get the desired effect. The shampoo and conditioner lasts so long, as do the styling products. I think it's worth the investment if you can swing it.

I really wish I could afford luxuries... I might have to start stripping at Peppermint Rhino or Club 215 soon if I don't get another job

I still wanna see your bostons
#12 Old 06-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Veggie Regular

i love Nature's Gate too... i get the one for color-treated from WF's.
#13 Old 06-26-2008, 09:38 AM

Yeah, I used Nature's Gates products when I first started to look for alternative options for different products many years ago. I've veered away from them, not b/c I didn't like them, but there are so many other options out there now! But maybe I'll check out their shampoo again. Thanks, Satya.
#14 Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I heart desert essence organics. My hair just feels nice. I have super thin hair and never do much with it, this stuff seems to work for me. I've tried a number of them and used herbal essences before this, vegan or not this would probably be my first pick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page