Deodorant - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 12-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpa1 View Post

I admit I also sweat excessively. I have to be very choosey on what shirts to wear if the weather is really warm or I have sweat stains... ugh I hate it! I use some sort of stick whihc works best but I am 98% sure it is most defnately NOT animal friendly

Ditto. I wore a light gray shirt when hanging out with my friends... we were in the car, taking pictures, it was warm, and I had to delete some of the pictures because my sweat stains looked like I had been running for miles and miles.

Which are you using?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 12-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I am a huge fan of the Erbaviva spray-on deodorant. The grapefruit jasmine kind smells LOVELY and makes me feel like a girlie hippie. It's a bit pricey and makes your underarms feel really warm (from the ginger oil) for a minute or so, but it works really well.

Totally organic AND vegan. Check it out here.

http://www.erbaviva.com/detail.asp?S...Cat=07&subcat=
#93 Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathytheveggie View Post

I tried baking soda for awhile and you're right, it really does work well to get rid of the smell. But the problem is, at the end of every day my skin there was raw and peeling, and it stung putting it on in the morning, or when I sweat alot. I don't think this is a result of the grainyness of the soda, but rather a chemical reaction with my sweat, because I tried tom's of maine, which had baking soda in it, and it did the same thing. So I'm thinking that my sweat is really acidic and reacts with the basic baking soda (like the good ol' volcano science experiment with baking soda and vinegar). Has anyone else experienced this? Is my skin just super sensitive? Should my body be so acidic, or is there something wrong with my diet?.

god old fire pits. I had to use vinegar in my pits to mellow them out.

Now I'm using a drop of sage EO for both pits.

I have Alba tea tree as a back up (those days you have to impress), so I use it a couple days a month or so (there seems to be a hormonal aspect with scent that bugs me when i can smell it.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

I love the Kiss my Face liquid rock deodorant. It has passed the 24 hour test, but it is winter so we'll have to see what happens in the summer.

Oh and Ashlend, I LOVE the smell of patchouli. Always have. That is the scent I purchased in the kiss my face.

I have been thinking of picking up a different variety of rock deodorant such as the Kiss My Face mentioned here. Thing is, my skin has been very sensitive and prone to rash. Are any of these suggested here good for very sensitive skin?
#95 Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

as far as definitively not all-natural antiperspirants go, Almay and Mitchum don't test (both owned by Revlon). I've not used Almay, but Mitchum works really well.

Almay has a hypoallergenic kind that I buy cause I can't try tom's of maine cause they don't seem to carry it at my grocery store anymore. The almay seems to work pretty well... it doesn't seem to last as long as some deodorants that I have used before though.
#96 Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I found Tom's didn't last me past a few hours...
#97 Old 03-01-2009, 07:30 AM

My first try with a chemical free deodarant was Jason's brand and it was the Tee Tree one. I love it and it works really well for me. And the only brand i could ever use before was secret.
#98 Old 03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I just bought a stick of Mitchum last night, and it has worked amazingly all day long. I even went and worked out (ran and did abs) and my pits still smell like Mitchum! Their solid burns my pits really bad, so I got turned off of it for a while, but I'm loving this gel! Too bad there's chemicals and what have you all up in there...

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#99 Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

So do you all reckon that Mitchum IS vegan then? Is it suitable for sensitive skin? Simple solid deodorant and Lush paste deodorant gives me a really sore rash/broken skin, so I have to be careful! Currently alternating between Simple roll-on and Tom's of Maine roll on, but neither last me all day - I shower in the morning, apply roll on and still stink so much I can smell it halfway through the day......do I need to see my doctor or do other people experience this?

ÂMay all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their pain. May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free. May the powerless find power, and may people befriend all life. May those of all species who find themselves lost, the young,...
#100 Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

I wish I had an answer for you. I bought the stuff, but didn't use it. I threw it away 2 days ago because it dried up. I was using Dove until I ran out last week, it was the only thing that didn't make me itch. Alvera is vegan, but I haven't used it yet, so I don't know how well it works: https://www.vitacost.com/AlveraAloeH...ollOnDeodorant

I have it in front of me, going to try it tomorrow if I can get the ball to move again. I've had the same issue with some brands, them wearing off.
#101 Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I spent hours upon hours searching for something that's not unhealthy and not tested on the animals. My wife originally thought a certain Tom's of Maine was good until a long day and it didn't last at all. Mitchum is not animal tested, but it does have crap that's unhealthy in it. As I sweat and exercise lots, i need something that definitely works. I guess that i'll suffer the consequences and give the animals a break and use Mitchum.

The Big Bad.
#102 Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 PM

The best deodorant that I have found out there is from effortless beauty organics. It is called underarm bloom and they have 7 different scents available. My favorites are butterfly kiss, bamboo forest and herbaceous. They are all natural, vegan, raw and never tested on animals. I find that these deodorants last all day long and even until my next shower. They never leave me feeling sticky or stinky. They are small and compact and easily slip into your purse or gym bag. They are truly AMAZING!!!

the website is www.effortlessbeautyorganics.com
#103 Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Alvera is vegan, but I haven't used it yet, so I don't know how well it works: https://www.vitacost.com/AlveraAloeH...ollOnDeodorant

^^^^ I've been using this and really like it.
#104 Old 06-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Banned

Everybody has different body chemistry so what works for some may not work for others, so you really just have to try out different things until you find out what works for you. For instance, the crystal rock deodorant works AMAZING for me but didn't work for you .
#105 Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I try to stick to natural deodorants, especially since they usually don't include aluminum, which I want to avoid.

A long time ago I tried Tom's of Maine solid deodorant, and it made my underarms really itchy. Not red, but really itchy, all the time. I figured I had an allergic reaction to something in it, and switched to another natural deodorant, the brand name I've now forgotten, and I got the same itchy reaction. So I went back to Arrid cream, which is what I started with when I started using deodorants (my dad was using it and gave me some) and had been using for years without any discomfort and it seemed to work well. I've tried other brands since then, including crystal deodorant. The one problem with the crystal deodorant is that when I use it right after shaving my underarms, it stings my skin.

Well, to make a long story short, I ran out of the cream deodorant I was using and decided to try the Tom's of Maine solid deodorant again, especially since they tout an improved formula on the container. I bought the "beautiful earth" womens deodorant, the fragrance is okay, and so far I've used it two days in a row without itchiness. Well, it hurt for a couple minutes yesterday but I shaved my underarms yesterday. Today, nothing. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

*this space not for sale*
#106 Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 AM

I too have tried Tom's of Maine, with not-so-great results. But here's one I do like:

Miessence Deodorant - Three Scents

It's all natural and organic. I just use the non-scented one, but the others smell fine.
#107 Old 01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Finding a natural deodorant that actually works has been the scurge of my existance!!
I have tried everything, and even with frequent reapplication, my pits still stink*. (You love it )

Until, one GLORIOUS day, I saw it. There, sitting on the shelf: J/A/S/O/N Clinical Strength.

I bought it, regardless of the outrageous price, and promptly applied.

It works! It really works!!

It's all that I ever use anymore

*Disclaimer: I like my smell... I think I smell great. However, I doubt most of the general public digs my pheromones, so I pretty much just wear deodorant to be polite.
#108 Old 01-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I recently experimented with going two days without any antiperspirant at all... and the results were not encouraging.

I stunk to high heaven and couldn't tolerate my own smell.
#109 Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

Finding a natural deodorant that actually works has been the scurge of my existance!!
I have tried everything, and even with frequent reapplication, my pits still stink*. (You love it )

Until, one GLORIOUS day, I saw it. There, sitting on the shelf: J/A/S/O/N Clinical Strength.

I bought it, regardless of the outrageous price, and promptly applied.

It works! It really works!!

It's all that I ever use anymore

*Disclaimer: I like my smell... I think I smell great. However, I doubt most of the general public digs my pheromones, so I pretty much just wear deodorant to be polite.

I've always said something similar about my own smell. Though I like to call them "Jeromones."
#110 Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Veggie Regular

As long as I shower, I don't think I have much need of deodorant.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#111 Old 01-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jered View Post

I've always said something similar about my own smell. Though I like to call them "Jeromones."

Hehe, that made me laugh out loud a little bit...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page