Earth Shoes Vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if they have a pair of the Vegan Earth Shoes and whether or not they feel they are worth the $100 ++ that they cost.

Thanks!

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

i have 2 pairs of the solar shoes (i think that the style name)...they look like mary jane style shoes (obviously flat) and a pair of boots w/ furr on the inside. those suckers are soooo warm...and for me, thats amazing, as i am always cold. i got those on sale for 80$... the shoes are ok. the negative heel in general takes a little getting used to, but ive been wearing high heels all the time for the past decade! haha. but now i have nerve damage in my feet (from other things) and my balance is off, so these helped me "ground" myself when im off kilter.

i have other shoes as comfy (and cuter) from payless.

but, i think they are constructed well, and will last. plus, you cant beat the company. make sure you investigate about pricing...ive seen quite a range. zappos.com also has alot of reviews. thats where i got my boots from, offseason.

oh, and i think i got the solar shoes for 89$ on sale, from gaiam.com. a couple years ago.
#3 Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

i have a couple of pairs.

the negative heel didn't really bother me but i only ever wore flats anyway.

i don't know if i really think they are worth the money tho. they wear out pretty quickly, imo. but i walk A LOT. i live in the city and walk miles a day, so all shoes wear out somewhat quickly. but i found these wore out more quickly than, say, my new balance sneakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for your replies. I got a brand new pair of the Earth Vegan "Hippie" style for a steal on eBay. As of right now I absolutely love them and am very interested in getting another pair in a different style.

Thanks again for your help. Based on your input, I will probably only get another pair if I can get them dirt cheap. As much as I love the ones I just got, I would have been willing to spend a lot on another pair. Since it sounds like they might not last too terribly long, I will probably wait a while to see how these hold up until I go blowing major dough on another pair.

Take care!

Amy
#5 Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Beginner

I have 2 pair of Earth shoes and love them both. They were both on sale or I would not have bought them. They are really comfy and I get compliments on them all the time...I'd say I'd buy them again, but not for full price.
#6 Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

*bump*

I just got me a pair of the vegan Earth Orion Oxfords. I love how they feel, and want to get more in the future. I'll probably get the Logan-K's next; they are similar to the Sketchers I've been wearing for the last seven or eight years.

They take a little bit of getting used to, but definitely worth the money.
#7 Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Love love love my vegan Earth shoes. Don't intend to ever buy from any other company as these shoes are so comfortable and long lasting. Had a pair of hippie like sandals that I wore nearly every day for a year (including when it was snowing outside) and they are still going strong two years later. (I've since bought a couple other pairs of vegan shoes and don't have to wear only them anymore.)

Price worth it? The international shipping I paid on them was worth it! I'd do it again (and again and again). Thankfully, no longer live where international shipping rates apply, but vegan Earth shoes are worth the price, that's for sure.
#8 Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a pair of the "Jasmine" Earth shoes. I bought mine for $20(including the shipping) off ebay. I wasnt even able to find them on their site anymore, so I was in major luck! They are SO AWESOME! They are designed so you are constantly walking at an incline(your heel is below your toes). At first that kind of bothered me when I was driving and I felt slight numbness in my toes, till I worn them in after a few days.

Anywho, they are worth their price! If I wouldnt have been able to get such a great deal and I had tried them on, I would have said "Yes, take my money...ALL OF IT!"

LOL! no not really, but I'd pay $100 for them!

One of my most frequent suggestions to people.....Check eBay!
#9 Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, by the way my posture has improved, like they claim! And I have scoliosis so, back pain/crookedness has allievated some.
#10 Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

i have a pair of earth vegans. my only concern/drawback about them is the fact that they're made in china.

but, the shoes are well made and very comfortable (from day one they were comfy), and they've done well for the year i've had them.

i'm very hard on my shoes, and so they are showing some wear inside (the sole) and outside (the sole) which is normal for my wear-pattern, but the tops look brand new still.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page