Shoes and Boots - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

It's back-to-school shopping time! I know there have been dozens of leather-free shoe threads, but I've got some specific questions.

Is it possible to find vegan waterproof shoes? Particularly sneakers. All my leather-free sneakers are canvas or mesh, which are fine most of the time, but don't do much good in puddles. I'm a college student, so I do a lot of walking in all sorts of weather. Right now I resort back to old leather shoes when the weather gets bad.

My other question is a little more general and could possibly be answered by a Google search (I'm trying that next). Is there such a thing as a comfortable pair of boots? I had two pairs of snow boots last year, one a heavy-duty vegetarian plastic set that completely kept the water out by killed my calves after one trip down the stairs, and another fashionable but not very snow-friendly pair of leather boots that got completely ruined by the end the snowy season but kept my feet dry and only hurt after walking to two classes. Obviously neither pair was ideal. Before going away to school I'd never really had to wear snow boots for longer than an hour before, and thus I have no experience if knowing if they're supposed to be torture. If they're not, can someone recommend me a comfortable reasonably-priced leather-free boot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Beginner

Garmont Vegan hikers they have men's and women's and you can get some stuff to waterproof them. They are very comfortable also.
#3 Old 12-18-2007, 03:22 PM

Garmont Hikers are great! Probably the most comfortable boot I've ever owned. But sadly the Men's Hiker is no longer in production.

I wrote Garmont USA and asked about vegan products for men and was told:

"At the moment we do not have any men’s Vegan shoes available. However, sometime in February [ 2008 ] our spring line will be coming out and there will be a Kiowa Vegan shoe which sounds like the best option for you. The shoe will be available with and without Gore-Tex and will be available in a sand color."

I would love to find something to replace my Garmont Hikers. After about five years they are still in good shape EXCEPT for several of the D-rings which have corroded and broken. (I put them away wet one too many times).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Vegan shoes is a BIG issue for me...because i have BIG feet, size 14 uk (15 us). If you live in UK, or wanna ship from here go to www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk or visit their shop in brighton. They stock some really well made shoes that are all vegan!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page