Need help (vegetarian cologne) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Beginner

I recently decided to stop using bodyspray because

a) It smells like (as my ancestors would say) c-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-aaaaaaaap!

and

b) I think my girlfriend might be allergic.

That being said, I need to find a cologne, and I want to be sure I'm getting one with no animal musks. So I need help. Men, what's out there? Women, what of the advice from the men should I ignore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

oh - that's a hard one for me ... I've seen vegan perfumes for women but never scents for men ... do you like essential oils at all? I'd think some of those would be vegan ....
#3 Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AJ* View Post

do you like essential oils at all?

Who doesn't?
#5 Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Banned

There are essential oils you can mix for your own special masculine scent that are totally plant based. I don't feel I know enough to really help you, but so far all the essential oils I have found have a vegetable base. I don't live near a speciality shop which mixes oils for the individual. There are places where you can have your own personal fragrance mixed and made into a splash or cologne or leave it in an essential oil like a fine parfume. It will be masculine, to your taste, and unique.
#6 Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Beginner

I have access to essential oils, but I don't know it they mix them.
#7 Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Go to

http://www.ava-luxe.com/2005/welcome.html

great stuff there and all fragrances including musks are vegan.
#8 Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 PM

http://www.ava-luxe.com/2005/welcome.html

type in

"Basenotes"

to get 10% off your order.

I forgot to mention that. Let me know what you think after you check them out.
#9 Old 05-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned

There are books at Amazon that can instruct you on mixing your own, but it could be quite costly experimenting. I can buy essential oils, but they don't mix them, so you may have to get in a civilized part of the world. They could write you the formula, then you could mix it yourself.
#11 Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 PM

Last one for now...

http://usa.loccitane.com/our_philosophy/respect.asp

I really like them.

Not from the US?

Follow this link

http://www.loccitane.com/
#12 Old 06-07-2007, 07:51 PM

There is a place that I used to work at in Miami called The Fragrance Shop. They are a small family owned business with 3 shops here in the US...Miami, New Orleans, and one in California somewhere. They sell nothing but fragrance oils. The have several wonderful patchoulis and sandalwoods available (the Arabian sandalwood is to die for). They do carry musks...however they have changed their inventory since I worked there and I'm no longer sure of what is synthetic and what isn't. If they do still have "ambergris" or "civet" listed...both were synthetics. They also have a very large selection of essential oils as well. They use sweet almond oil or jojoba oil as their carrier for all of their fragrances.

You can order sample vials from them via their website for not a lot of cash, and they also do custom blending. If you happen to visit the areas that they're in and make a custom blend, they will enter it into their computer system, and if you run out all you have to do is call and they will ship world wide. They offer their fragrances in 1/4oz, 1/2oz, and 1floz bottles. 1/4oz bottle will last you around 2 years as the fragrance stays on the skin for up to 8 hours...the beauty of oil!

You can also scent several bath and body products as well! The Miami shop has over 1,000 single note domestic, exotic, essential, and designer essence fragrances available.

Go give them a look and check out what they have to offer! The Fragrance Shop
#13 Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page