Luna Bars - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-26-2003, 06:25 PM

OMG they are so good. I have tried Lemon Zest, Cherry Covered Chocolate, S'mores and Nuts over Chocolate. My fave so far is Cherry Covered Chocolate, would like to see what everyone else's faves are

Shannon/Zimma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-26-2003, 06:35 PM

Well, I really only care for the Nutz Over Chocolate ones, but I haven't even had one of those in quite a while. Otherwise, I'm not too crazy over them.

I know there are plenty of people around here who adore them, though!
#3 Old 08-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Beginner

I'm a smores girl... that's my qiock fix for "I Need Chocolate, Right Now" PMS attacks. So I try to stash one away to have on hand around that time of month, but uhh, sometimes they manage to vanish before then mysteriously.

The best flavour debate has already been covered over in the (First) Luna Bars Thread. Woo, I like how the similar thread links are posted at the bottom now so I don't have to go digging and searching, but I'll still point it out here anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Chocolate Peppermint Stick. YUM, YUM, YUM!! I actually just started getting these due to the other thread here, discussing how good they were. Before I was eating their brother brand, Clif Bars (Iced Series: Mint Chocolate!). I've tryed several flavors of Luna so far, and they're all delicious. But anything mint is #1 with me .

As for threads being posted before... I'm guilty of just having done this too, with my Subway thread. But, I did search to see if it had been posted before and NOTHING CAME UP. The search engines are not working right, because I didn't have this problem pre-update

Oh well, it's OK to regurgitate things for us newbies every so often.
#5 Old 08-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't tryed one I didn't love.
#6 Old 08-27-2003, 08:11 AM

Kittay, thanks for posting the thread for me, I should have used the search. Sorry about that.

Mark is all about the Zoe granola bars now. He has tried the Chocolate ones and the PB ones. The Wal*mart here in Colonial Heights, Va. has them on sale for $.84 and they just carry a few flavors and I am going to try the other flavors that sound good like Peppermint Stick and Chai and Orange Bliss next. I think Ellwood Thompson's has all of the flavors for those of you that live around Richmond. This is the cheapest I have seen them and they range in price from $..84- $1.50. They are so good and I am glad I finally tried them.

If I make any of the clones I posted before from Deb, I will let you guys know how they turned out. Shannon
#7 Old 08-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I've only tried two flavours - key lime and some chocolately type one. They're ok.. but at $2.50 ea. they're really not something I want to get hooked on.
#8 Old 08-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarrlett View Post

I've only tried two flavours - key lime and some chocolately type one. They're ok.. but at $2.50 ea. they're really not something I want to get hooked on.

doh! $2.50?! that's a drag...I've never seen them priced over $1.50 !

I believe they are about a buck at Trader Joe's, if you have one near you!

I'm a huge fan of lemon zest and dulce de leche

yum!!
#9 Old 08-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Love them all, but my new fave is definetely Chai Tea. If you like ginger, you'll love it.
#10 Old 08-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I live on Luna bars and the cost of them is quite a hurdle. I scour the flyers and grocery stores and when I find them on sale - I stock up. I bought three boxes of them at Wild Oats because they were having a great sale. The sales girl looked at me kind of strangely but oh well I was happy.
#11 Old 08-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Veggie Regular

They released two new flavors, too:

Dulce de Leche, and Apple Caramel (or something like that)

Very sweet. Almost too sweet, but better than most of the alternatives. I bought a ton of them at the regular grocery store because they were on sale for only $.89 each!
#12 Old 08-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarrlett View Post

ya they are really expensive here too about that 2.39 but add almost 15% tax and they are breaking the 2.50 mark I ate them obsessively for a while before i realized I was breaking my bank!!! but I LOVE chai tea and the one without the coating on it whatever thats called. I wish they werent so expensive though.

Say
#13 Old 08-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I found Luna in Costco, 24 for 30 bar----> 80 cents per bar!
#14 Old 08-29-2003, 08:15 AM

Freemouse, thanks for the heads up on Costco, my Mom and Grandma both have cards, so I will get one of them to take me there.

What flavors did they have or was it a mixed box?

CharityAJO, I just had Chai Tea, Yum!

Epski, have you tried Wal*mart for Luna Bars? They have them on sale sometimes for $.84, not many chioces, though. Believe it or not, Food Lion carries a lot of flavors. I have yet to see those brand new flavors.

I tried the Cranberry Almond and I did not like it as much as the others covered in chocolate, heh-heh.

I have also tried Chocolate Brownie Clif Bar and YUM!

Deb also has cloned that one and I will have to try making them.

Shannon
#15 Old 08-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Beginner

hey... can anybody tell me what Sweet Dreams is supposed to taste like?

my mom bought me one, but i've been avoiding buying it again myself for awhile because it just seemed gross the first time. i think it was bittersweet. maybe if i know what i'm supposed to expect it won't seem all wrong to me, the way water is usually good, but tastes awful when you're expecting tea in your cup, or something.
#16 Old 08-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never seen a Wal*mart in Los Angeles. We have Costco, but I would rather spend the additional money to get them on my regular grocery trip (especially because they're on sale so often, for as little as $.89 sometimes), rather than figuring out the hour-long bus trip to get to a completely different store just for nutrition bars. Thanks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimngir View Post

Freemouse, thanks for the heads up on Costco, my Mom and Grandma both have cards, so I will get one of them to take me there.

What flavors did they have or was it a mixed box?

CharityAJO, I just had Chai Tea, Yum!

Epski, have you tried Wal*mart for Luna Bars? They have them on sale sometimes for $.84, not many chioces, though. Believe it or not, Food Lion carries a lot of flavors. I have yet to see those brand new flavors.

I tried the Cranberry Almond and I did not like it as much as the others covered in chocolate, heh-heh.

I have also tried Chocolate Brownie Clif Bar and YUM!

Deb also has cloned that one and I will have to try making them.

Shannon

#17 Old 08-30-2003, 10:53 PM

The Dulce de Leche are very yummy!

I keep checking the ingredients on these.

It just doesn't seem like something with "Leche" in the name can be dairy free!!!!!
#18 Old 09-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

My fav has to be the Cherry Covered Chocolate. Mmm. I haven't seen the new ones yet, I'll have to keep an eye out for those.
#19 Old 09-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I want a Luna bar so badly. My Dad's in the US at the moment, so I've politely requested if he could purchase some
#20 Old 09-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I love luna bars! I also buy them at Costco. At .80 cents a bar, I don't think you can find them cheaper anywhere else. My favorite is Nutz over chocolate.

The three flavors that come in the big ol box from Costco are:

Nutz over chocolate

Chocolate pecan pie

Lemon Zest

All three of them taste great in my opnion.
#21 Old 09-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

i looove luna bars....i use them as a meal for when i don't have time to eat or if i forget. i got some from flower ( ) and the chai tea was great! i need to find it here in BFE....
#22 Old 09-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the Chai Tea, and the Toasted Nuts and Cranberry, and the Sesame Raisin ones best...

Then probably the Nuts over Chocolate and/or Chocolate Pecan Pie and the S'mores.

I was obsessed with the Sweet Dreams one for a while, but sometimes they're great, and sometimes they just taste funky. Whats with that?!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#23 Old 09-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, Lordy. I had my first Luna bar today, and it was just... so... incredibly... delicious!

When I go over to the US in December, I'm going to take an empty suitcase with me, and stock it up full of Luna bars to take back with me
#24 Old 09-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I found them in drugstore.com (15 for 15.99, not bad!). They ship for free if you spend more than 49$. My Costco is kind of far too, with the gas price so high, it might worth it to order online and just sit on my butt and wait

They ship to UK too, but I am not sure about the cost.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...=BUY-GFI-0-CPF
#25 Old 09-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried ordering some, but it said that Luna bars couldn't be shipped outside of the US, because of 'brand channel conflicts' or something o.0
#26 Old 09-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I was resistant to Luna Bars until a few days ago when I chose to view them as a candy bar treat. Now I eat them instead of candy I might eat and that Dulce de Leche is mighty good.

I used to love cajeta (carmelized goat's milk) so much, but I haven't had since being vegan. The Luna Bars taste just right.
#27 Old 09-28-2003, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizeen View Post

I was resistant to Luna Bars until a few days ago when I chose to view them as a candy bar treat. Now I eat them instead of candy I might eat and that Dulce de Leche is mighty good.

I used to love cajeta (carmelized goat's milk) so much, but I haven't had since being vegan. The Luna Bars taste just right.

I agree, Dulce de Leche is really good and I just found them yesterday at Ellwood Thompson's... I actuallt tore open the boxes of the new flavors. I also got the Caramel Apple one....I will try that one soon and I also think that these are better than candy bars and cookies Orange Bliss is really good and so is Chai (my fave). The only one I don't like is the Cranberry Pecan one.

Shannon
#28 Old 09-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I love the Dulce de Leche bar, that's my favorite one. Caramel apple sounds good, but I haven't been able to find that one yet.
#29 Old 09-30-2003, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl View Post

I love the Dulce de Leche bar, that's my favorite one. Caramel apple sounds good, but I haven't been able to find that one yet.

Caramel Apple is okay, but the Dulce de Leche is WAY better.
#30 Old 10-07-2003, 05:01 AM

I have also tried the Chocolate Peppermint Stick, it tastes Christmas-y. I like it, but I think I will save these for Christmas I bet these would be great stocking stuffers Shannon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page