Burt's Bees - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-31-2007, 03:40 PM

I have found, that I love,love,love Burt's Bees beauty products. They have everything from make-up to toothpaste and blemish reliever. Baby products as well! I found they have the products at Crackerbarrel and www.burtsbees.com. Earth Friendly! ( I of course, discovered them at a hole in the wall coffee shop)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 PM

I love the smell of the baby products, especially the lotion, and I have always used them on my kids.
#3 Old 02-05-2007, 06:13 AM

All of the Wallgreens around here carry the entire line of Burts stuff. I am totally addicted to thier chapstick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Beginner

Their products are becoming more available in stores. I love their cuticle cream. It has made a huge difference in my hands and nails.
#5 Old 02-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilye View Post

All of the Wallgreens around here carry the entire line of Burts stuff. I am totally addicted to thier chapstick.

I like their stuff too and have found it at CVS Walgreens and my local bookstore.
#6 Old 02-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Beginner

I love love burts bees, however, they are not vegan (beeswax and such) so I am giving them up. Need to find something new to love. *sigh*
#7 Old 02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I have never used that stuff.

Hemp balm is the way to go if you're vegan.
#8 Old 02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

i never really liked burts bees stuff... the skin lotion is greasy and doesnt work well on me... but i do LOVE their lip shimmers but that's probably something i'm gonna have to give up as well
#9 Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 PM

I like Burt's Bees stuff and people around here are big on it becuase it started in Maine. I love the lip balm.
#10 Old 02-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I love their vitamin e body oil, it makes you smell like lemon candy. their cuticle cream is really nice too.
#11 Old 02-11-2007, 04:18 PM

I love everything by "Burts Bees" I've tried so far.

It's unvegan because of the beeswax, but if you don't mind that, they have really good stuff.

There's some products they have that I want to try, but haven't found them around here yet......everything I get is bought at my local grocery store, and drug-store/pharmacy.

My Favorite is there Baby Lotion & LipBalm << awesome stuff
#12 Old 02-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

#13 Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_veggie View Post

Earth Friendly!

#14 Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I am (was) a avid user of Burt's Bees Cinnamint Toothpaste. Now, I can't find it on my stores shelves anymore

Does anyone know if it has been discontinued? I went to the site and it is only on the site in the travel size form. They used to have a childrens toothpaste and a lavender mint also and I don't see those anymore either. I sent them an email to ask so now I'll just wait.

But I am guessing if it isn't on the site anymore than it is gone. I was hoping maybe there was an explosion at the toothpaste factory or something and maybe it is just temporary ..but I fear not.

WAH! Now, I gotta find a new toothpaste! They were the only natural toothpaste that was cinnamon flavored.

I see some on Ebay - I might just have to buy it all up.
#15 Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Wah! They sent me a reply. It is being discontinued!
#16 Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Are all of their products not vegan? You would think that something like vitamin e body oil wouldn't have beeswax in it...
#17 Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelene17 View Post

Are all of their products not vegan? You would think that something like vitamin e body oil wouldn't have beeswax in it...

It doesn't http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...-PLST-0-SEARCH
#18 Old 02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

It doesn't http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...-PLST-0-SEARCH

Thanks! I'm going to have to buy some. That stuff smells soooo good, and I love supporting companies that do not test on animals!
#19 Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

I am (was) a avid user of Burt's Bees Cinnamint Toothpaste. Now, I can't find it on my stores shelves anymore

Does anyone know if it has been discontinued? I went to the site and it is only on the site in the travel size form. They used to have a childrens toothpaste and a lavender mint also and I don't see those anymore either. I sent them an email to ask so now I'll just wait.

But I am guessing if it isn't on the site anymore than it is gone. I was hoping maybe there was an explosion at the toothpaste factory or something and maybe it is just temporary ..but I fear not.

WAH! Now, I gotta find a new toothpaste! They were the only natural toothpaste that was cinnamon flavored.

I see some on Ebay - I might just have to buy it all up.

Tom's of Maine makes a cinnamon flavored toothpaste.
#20 Old 02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

Tom's of Maine makes a cinnamon flavored toothpaste.

Thanks! yeah, I knew that. I used to use Tom's of Maine but they have SLS in their toothpaste which is something I avoid. Burts Bees didn't have the SLS. I am using Salt Toothpaste by Weleda right now (perfect for a saltaholic like me) until I figure out a 'make my own toothpaste' recipe.
#21 Old 03-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I've liked Burt's Bees too but they use beeswax and other bee 'products' in their product line ... I think I've also seen a milk lotion of theirs too ... so I've stopped buying their products ... there's a lot of other products out there that don't have animal products in them ... you just have to be diligent about looking for them and find out from their website or ingredient list if there's animal products in them ... I have a little credit card sized guide from PETA that lists animal products often used in consumer items ... I wonder if PETA still has it available??? (they do ... see VB article ... https://www.veggieboards.com/articles...ients-list.php )
#22 Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thanks! yeah, I knew that. I used to use Tom's of Maine but they have SLS in their toothpaste which is something I avoid. Burts Bees didn't have the SLS. I am using Salt Toothpaste by Weleda right now (perfect for a saltaholic like me) until I figure out a 'make my own toothpaste' recipe.

I think maybe Jason toothpaste has a cinnamon flavor...but I don't know all the ingredients
#23 Old 04-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

FYI, Tom's of Maine was bought out by Colgate.....
#24 Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wah! They sent me a reply. It is being discontinued!

There are a few for sale on ebay if you do ebay at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page