Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 10-21-2006, 05:46 AM

Just forget it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2006, 05:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a pair that I use for things like checking the mail, taking out the garbage, doing the laundry, etc. I like them for short trips that aren't worth tying up shoelaces for. Otherwise, I find they get uncomfortable after about 15 minutes of walking.
#3 Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Crocs have saved me from having to get another job. I love my job but standing on concrete all day, even in really really nice shoes was ruining my knees. I'm eying the primas, but i'm not really into the colors available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I think they're the ugliest, worst shoe trend in a long, long time. I'm sure they're comfortable, but they're SO ugly! Well, except for the "Athens" style one - that one is ok. They are functional though. You can tell they were initially built for boatsmen!
#5 Old 10-22-2006, 01:18 PM

Yes, they were originally made for boatsmen, but that doesn't mean that they can be worn for other uses.

As for the asthetics, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really don't think they look bad.
#6 Old 10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Banned

i have some silver crocs! crocs rock! i wear em for mooching about generally. i also bought my lovely mum a pair a year or so ago, having seen them online in an american vegan store, and now she's totally hooked- she's on her feet all day as a schoolteacher, and has freakishly short fat wide feet with a high instep. they're about the only shoes she's ever had that don't squish her feet up, and she's now queen of crocs in her small english town. she'll wear em in wind, rain or snow, with big furry socks under them if needs be, lol. she even has the respect of cool kids in her class as a result of her hip footwear- though they're quite bemused as to how she had them ages before anyone else did in england. she's quite the trendsetter, it seems, lmao.
#7 Old 10-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't like how they look, and they cost about twice as much as I expected them to.
#8 Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 PM

LOVE THEM i have the Mary Janes, they rock. I wear mine nearly every day. They are ugly, but who cares. Kinda like a pug...so ugly they're cute
#9 Old 10-22-2006, 06:15 PM

Best Shoes Ever!!
#10 Old 10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Banned

Lets go back 4 years and replace "crocs" with "uggs". Hell, lets go back before most of you were born and talk about "jellies"

They are ugly and will be out of fashion next year, deal with it.
#11 Old 10-22-2006, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Lets go back 4 years and replace "crocs" with "uggs". Hell, lets go back before most of you were born and talk about "jellies"

They are ugly and will be out of fashion next year, deal with it.

Wow, you're a real ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Crocs have been around for several years now. I got my first pair two years ago. Even if they go out of fashion, I'll still be wearing them because I wear what I like, and I like Crocs. Liked 'em from the first time I saw them.

Now go be rude to someone else. I'm sure you need your fix.
#12 Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine View Post

Wow, you're a real ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Crocs have been around for several years now. I got my first pair two years ago. Even if they go out of fashion, I'll still be wearing them because I wear what I like, and I like Crocs. Liked 'em from the first time I saw them.

Now go be rude to someone else. I'm sure you need your fix.

Crocs have been around for many years, they have been popular for a couple and their popularity peaked about 6 months ago.
#13 Old 10-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never worn them, but I think they're ugly as all hell. Seems like they'd be good for gardening I guess.
#14 Old 10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I remember jellies.

Crocs are ugly.
#15 Old 10-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I had some jellies and they made your feet feel all hot and sweaty. I adore my crocs (I have the kind with holes on top and the kind with no holes) and I never feel all clammy sweatly like i did with jellies.

I do think they are butt-ugly but they are really comfortable. I have this thing about being able to wiggle my toes---I mist have maximum toe room so I can snap my toes together (weird but an ecentricity that dates from my childhood) Crocs let me do that. And they are washable. Under the tap. I work with little kids and they spill paint/vomit/drop their entire tray of food on my feet regularly. So it is good to have shoes I can rinse off and put back on.

And they are not made from leather. And don't cost £100. They are very durable as well. My left ankle pulls in I often wear my shoes down in a funny way on the heel--I've had mine over 2 years and they are hardly showing any heel wear. And who cares if they are in style? None of my other stuff is.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#16 Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 AM

I don't have a pair but everyone else here in the Emergency Room has at least 3 pairs in different and bright colors. I don't like the idea of having little holes in my shoes......scared of blood going in.
#17 Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Crocs have been around for many years, they have been popular for a couple and their popularity peaked about 6 months ago.

Your point is?? You know, for seeming to dislike them as much as you do, you sure know a lot about them.
#18 Old 10-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienurse View Post

I don't have a pair but everyone else here in the Emergency Room has at least 3 pairs in different and bright colors. I don't like the idea of having little holes in my shoes......scared of blood going in.

You can get some that are solid on top (no holes) but still have the sling back. I have those to wear with socks in colder waether and only wear the hole-y ones in summer.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#19 Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergrrl View Post

I had some jellies and they made your feet feel all hot and sweaty. I adore my crocs (I have the kind with holes on top and the kind with no holes) and I never feel all clammy sweatly like i did with jellies.

I remember having jellies when I was a kid. I loved them, and then lost 1 of them while I was at camp off-province. I actually took the other one back with me instead of tossing it out.
#20 Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Veggie Regular

We must be behind the times down here, because Crocs have just become widely available in the Hallmarks. But they don't carry the Mary Janes and that's what I really want.

For me they are perfect, because they can be a winter shoe that isn't too warm - what with the little ventilation holes and all. It's funny, the ladies down here decorate them with little studs and stuff.
#21 Old 10-23-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

We must be behind the times down here, because Crocs have just become widely available in the Hallmarks. But they don't carry the Mary Janes and that's what I really want.

For me they are perfect, because they can be a winter shoe that isn't too warm - what with the little ventilation holes and all. It's funny, the ladies down here decorate them with little studs and stuff.

you can get the mary jane's from journeys.com or journey's stores...that's the only place i've ever seen them.
#22 Old 10-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I do not love Crocs. I think they're fugly. But thank you for asking.
#23 Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Your point is?? You know, for seeming to dislike them as much as you do, you sure know a lot about them.

There was an article about them in Fortune magazine recently.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...7509/index.htm
#24 Old 10-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I could read every book, published article, promotional brochure, whatever, about Crocs and I think I would likely still come away thinking they were the footwear equivalent of the Pontiac Aztek.
#25 Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugliest shoes ever.
#26 Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

I could read every book, published article, promotional brochure, whatever, about Crocs and I think I would likely still come away thinking they were the footwear equivalent of the Pontiac Aztek.

Good for you. I'm not trying to convert anyone here. I just don't understand why some people have to get nasty about it.

Hey, if someone doesn't like them, fine. I really couldn't care less. How about just not being an ass about it?
#27 Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Good for you. I'm not trying to convert anyone here. I just don't understand why some people have to get nasty about it.

Hey. I used a smiley.

And really, any chance to diss the Aztek, you better believe I am going to take it.

I guess nasty comments are the risk you run when you ask people for opinions on an eye-sore like Crocs.

Anyway. I apologize if my comments offended you. But I stick by my replies.
#28 Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 AM

Your comments didn't offend me at all. That other person (Remilard, I think it was) came off as a bit nasty about it, though. The reason I quoted you was because you quoted my response to him/her, which I didn't really understand, but whatever.

Who knows, they may stick around. Either way, I'll be wearing them.
#29 Old 10-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I think they are ugy, but I did buy a pair because they were suppose to be so comfortable. I should have saved my money because for two days after wearing them the bridge of my feet hurt. I should have known they weren't for me because everything that everyone else raves about always has the opposite affect on me. Just like those foam memory pillows. My mother tried one and loved it and bought one for everyone in my family. It killed my back, but everyone else loves theirs. Go figure.
#30 Old 10-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelena View Post

I think they are ugy, but I did buy a pair because they were suppose to be so comfortable. I should have saved my money because for two days after wearing them the bridge of my feet hurt. I should have known they weren't for me because everything that everyone else raves about always has the opposite affect on me. Just like those foam memory pillows. My mother tried one and loved it and bought one for everyone in my family. It killed my back, but everyone else loves theirs. Go figure.

I hate that memory foam stuff too! I got a pillow and it actually made my ear hurt.

I don't have crocs, but I do like some of the colors and they look comfortable. I just don't like the idea of wearing plastic sandals. I loathed and never owned a pair of jellies as a kid.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page