I love Crocs, how about you? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#61 Old 11-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Lets go back 4 years and replace "crocs" with "uggs". Hell, lets go back before most of you were born and talk about "jellies"

They are ugly and will be out of fashion next year, deal with it.

Jellies! Yes! I forgot about these creatures! I have several different styles. Wow they were ugly! But I still like my crocs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

If jellies are what I think they are they looked sooooo cool (to a 6yr old me) but were sooooo painful, crocs are like the opposite.

Me and Laura have decided to get some next year when we're in Hungary becuase they're so much cheaper there and they're so useful when you're walking around all day at Sziget. They're good for camping too when you need the toilet and can't be bothered with laces.
#63 Old 11-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I really like the Prima style. Especially the pink ones! They are really cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 11-19-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

tip: no they don't. they look like plastic shoes with black socks.

Well you haven't rubbed enough vaseline in your eyes
#65 Old 11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snownose View Post

I really like the Prima style. Especially the pink ones! They are really cute.

OH MY GOSH! I JUST JUST JUST discovered the Prima style! I am so totally enthralled with them. MUST buy some.

(Laughing my head off at Remi's reminding all of us about jellies and other wonderful footwear... anyone remember Earth Shoes? Those were sooooo pretty too!)
#66 Old 11-21-2006, 02:02 AM

hate 'em!
#67 Old 11-22-2006, 05:49 PM

I think they're cute
#68 Old 11-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Beginner

Crocs may not be the most attractive shoe, but when you work at a veterinary hospital where you get peed and occassionally pooed or vomited on, its really nice to be able to just wash your shoe off and dry it. I wouldn't mind having a pair.
#69 Old 11-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes I work in a primary school and kids have puked and bled all over me etc on occation. It is nice to have washable shoes.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#70 Old 11-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

As long as you don't have the crocs that have holes in the front, and it gets on your toes.
#71 Old 11-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

ha ha--yeah mine are the solid top clogs.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#72 Old 11-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Chaco gal here!

echo warrior, I think I love you- you got the main points out.

I had tevas & asked my Chinese SIL to read the writing inside the strap. She did and said, "that's a bad prison."

I came to Chacos www.chacousa.com by photographing String Cheese Incident.

At the time (98) they all wore the sandals, if tehy bothered to wear shoes at all. I tripped over the pile stage right one night and after the show asked if the shoes were really all they seemed to be.

One loaned me his pair (yay huge snowshoe feet) and told we to just walk. once I was oon the floor, he tossed me a hula hoop and said: "dance."

been in them since, year round. in Colorado. In snow (Ok I have snow boots for walking)

I have two pair, bout the first in 98 the second in 2002 (the day Denver could see the Hayman fire plume- I packed pair one up to send it to Paonia for resoling and discovered I had no other shoes- off to REI) I think each have been resoled with the thin sole twice.

I'll be going for the new mid thickness sole on one and the clunky on the other.

And now I know what the W on my shoes means: snowshoe feet. (I've been thinking it meant women's, not wide)
#73 Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Banned

Crocs were what all the nurses were wearing while Mom was in the hospital. I got a pair, but they weren't' as comfortable as my old sandels.
#74 Old 12-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I found out my gran is getting me crocs for christmas! I'm still kinda torn about them, but they'll be useful and comfy to have around

plus, as someone's getting them FOR me, I have an excuse!
#75 Old 12-03-2006, 08:28 PM

I adore my fake crocs! They were half the price and supremely comfortable --they cost $14 two years ago. I wear them constantly and put them in the dishwasher for cleaning. A recent visit to the hospital revealed all the hospital workers were wearing them and they know their shoes!
#76 Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I have this thing about doing something just because everyone else is. So far I have not bought myself a pair of crocs. I have heard that they are really comfortable and my entire family (minus me) has a pair. In fact my mom just ordered my dad another pair (orange) for Christmas. I think they would be fine for around the home or out running errands on the weekends, but when I see adults wearing colored crocs to church, I cringe inwardly. If I did get a pair, it would have to be black or silver, some nice neutral colorg. I have two pairs of birkenstocks that I wear out and about when i know I am going to do some serious walking, but I wear them for comfort not because they look beautiful
#77 Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM

I like my Crocs. I don't care if people think that they're ugly. Why does it really matter what shoe someone wears? I'd rather wear a comfortable shoe that looks ugly than a nice-looking shoe that hurts my feet. Looks aren't important.
#78 Old 12-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, I think Crocs are the ugliest shoes ever.
#79 Old 12-24-2006, 01:17 AM

I love my Crocs. I actually want more. Currently I have Black Primas, Black Mary Janes and my favorite: Chocolate Brown Mary Janes. I prefer comfort over fashion any day.
#80 Old 08-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Banned

I have recently decided to buy my Kids Crocs and they both tell me they are very comfortable. So I've decided to get some for myself. They are non-slip and odour resistant. What more can you want. I heard that they last ages too!
#81 Old 08-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Veggie Regular

OH YEAH...I love them..not so pretty but who cares, they are comfortable... I also have a pair made by P U R, and unless you looked at the name you could not tell the difference and they we $18.95 online with free S&H.
#82 Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a green pair, but wouldnt be caught dead wearing them in public! I wear them everyday when I look after my rabbits in my garden, but no where else.
#83 Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a pair of black RX Crocs. They're great at work where my feet are always getting wet & I love that I can hose them off to clean them.
#84 Old 08-25-2007, 04:27 PM

I have a pair of the hydros in black. I love them! I was disappointed though on how a couple (not sure how many) of their shoes have leather on them. I wrote and told them about my disappintment and how there were leather like alternatives out there. I have not heard back from them. I am not surprised though.
#85 Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Yes! Crocs are great-- I don't care what people say. (You like your high heels. I hate them. I like my Crocs. You hate them. WHO CARES???)

I even have a blog about Crocs. Here's the link. http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/Blogs...23254&scid=235

Crocs-lovers: If you visit my site, you can show your support by voting and adding a positive review of Crocs. Thanks!
#86 Old 03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate most of them, Plus they are uncomfortable. The only half-way decent ones are the, I belive their called "Alice" style. Those are pretty cute.
#87 Old 03-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Bof
Banned

I love crocs too, but am a bit wary of the salt water ones.
#88 Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Crocs made into shoes.... are we allowed to even talk about that here?!?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#89 Old 03-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Crocs made into shoes.... are we allowed to even talk about that here?!?

I can't tell whether you are serious but its funny either way I hate the shoes with a passion. High heels are much more comfortable and prettier. My mom loves crocs though. She has at least 4 pairs.
#90 Old 03-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I am almost never serious.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page