Blueberry Hill/Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I got these at Costco yesterday. Package of 14 patties for $9.99. They're really big, unlike most commercial veggie burgers. They will actually fill up your bun, and they might even spill over the edges. They're vegan and they're yummy. They're not an imitation of meat-- they're more like an original Gardenburger.

From the package: "A delightful harvest of fresh carrots, onions, celery and bell peppers are blended with bread crumbs, delicate seasonings, and crunchy sunflower seeds to create a patty that is light and moist, yet firm enough to grill."

I couldn't find any links to them online, so I'm guessing they're a pretty small brand. But according to the package, Don Lee Farms is in Inglewood, California.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-11-2006, 04:30 PM

These veggie patties are the very best that I have ever tasted. They are fabulous and I highly recommend them. Strangely, little information about them is on the web or on the Don Lee Farms website. I live in Southern California (not far from Inglewood- the location of Don Lee Farms) and I have not seen this product anywhere but at Costco. They are incredibly fresh and I eat them cold, in sandwiches.

Many of my friends are hooked on these. One caveat, however, is that they are slightly oily and some of my friends have over-consumed and over-indulged to the point of weight gain!

Try them anyway!
#3 Old 09-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Since you mention it, I just happen to have the outer package sleeve right here, and the nutrition information for one patty is:

170 calories

90 calories from fat

Total fat 9 g

Sat fat 1 g

Trans fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg

Sodium 440 mg (not great, but I've eaten worse)

Total Carb 18g

Dietary fiber 2 g

Sugars 3 g

Protein 4 g

Vit A 110%

Vit C 15%

Calcium 6%

Iron 8%

BTW, they're nummy in a sandwich on an Einstein's onion bagel (also available in 6-packs from Costco).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 PM

My Costco in Fountain Valley switched them out for a fresh GardenBurger. They have no clue how to make a good tasting veggie burger frozen never mind a fresh one.

If you read the ingredient statement for the Donlee veggie burger,the first few ingredients are vegetables (fresh ones) not rice or dehydrated veggies.

Bring back the old one pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!:cry
#5 Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 PM

My Costco in Fountain Valley switched them out for a fresh GardenBurger. They have no clue how to make a good tasting veggie burger frozen never mind a fresh one.

If you read the ingredient statement for the Donlee veggie burger,the first few ingredients are vegetables (fresh ones) not rice or dehydrated veggies.

#6 Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 PM

#7 Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 PM

Without doubt the best veggie pattie I've tasted - I have had to go to another Costco as the Costco in Irvine has taken them out for another brand!!!!! So disappointed as I am hooked on the Blueberry Hill one --

Used to be Blueberry Hill in Toronto and they used to hand make a veggie that tasted as good as this - maybe it's the same.

Malibuveg said bring it back to Costco - It's reasonably priced and delicious.
#8 Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Talk to the manager at your Costco store. I'm sure if enough people clamor for them, they'll bring them back.
#9 Old 09-26-2006, 09:18 PM

I discovered the patties at Costco a several months ago and have been buying them on a regular basis. They keep very well in both the freezer and refrigerator, which helps make them last longer. Nonetheless, I must buy 2 packages a month. I put them on the grill and then eat them plain. They don't need condiments or other additions - they are great as the dish by themselves.

On a side note, I introduced them to my mother-in-law and she started buying them, too. She is a picky eater, so this is probably the better endorsement than anything else I could say.

LAVEGGIE
#10 Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM

The Don Lee Farms/Blueberry Hill Veggie Patties are also gone from all the Costco's in Northern California. I loved those patties. They were one of the main reasons I shopped at Costco. Now I hardly ever go there. I've also looked high and low for the Veggie Patties in other stores but can't find them. Also, very little information is available on the Web. I need my Veggie Patties. No other company makes anything that tastes as yummy or as fresh. As someone else remarked, it's not an imitation of meat it's just good veggies. I'm sad....
#11 Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuveg View Post

i miss these burgers sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo much. they were the key to my diet and i lost 10 pounds. now i'm 15 poudns heavier and wish i could find them. has anyone found anything like them anywhere?? i live in LA... thanks
#12 Old 07-15-2007, 01:32 PM

Thise costco veggie patties are the bomb!! I went and bought 5 packages, I am heading off to coscto's this week to buy 20 more!! OMG I will cry if there sold out!! My whole family just became vegan, except 1 son who is alergic to soy wheat and rice peanuts ( just our luck ) I am on a hunt now for the elusive patty, I have about 30 in my freezer now, but if there no longer available I will cry. we live 60 miles from a costco
#13 Old 07-15-2007, 01:45 PM

ok, i just got off the phone.... some stores still have them, some do not and will not be getting them. I found 2 stores in Montana that have them, I will be going tomorrow to buy 10 boxes !! and then have my sister grab some her way. I refuse to go with out these, there awsome!!
#14 Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 PM

All You Veggie Pattie Lovers -

Just wanted to let you know that I purchased the Veggie Patties at the Torrance Costco today (8/31/07)and they had lots of them. If you don't find them at your local Costco, ask the manager to supply them. They were $8.99Yummy, yummy. The are the best! Linda Sue
#15 Old 07-18-2008, 10:35 AM

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am neither vegetarian or vagan so please go easy on me if I commit a faux pas. (-:

I love the Blueberry Hill/Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties. I Googled the name to send to my son and somehow ended up here.

Do you eat eggs? Stop right here if you don't. I'd like to pass on the following if you do eat them:

My wife is in Ireland with her mom and I've been doing the stereotypical "guy thing," throwing together whatever is in the frig and praying it works out.

This one was a winner: I dumped a carton of AllWhites egg substitute into the pan and added two defrosted and crumbled patties along with pepper (there's already more than enough salt in the pattie. It was surprisingly good. Check it out.

Oh, I don't want to leave you thinking I'm a complete Philistine. We stay at the Stanford Inn in Mendocino every year or two. Its restaurant is vegetarian/vagan and I feel quite at home eating there. My favorite? Their Sea Palm Strudel. (-:
#16 Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

This is the weirdest thread. It's been going on for two years and almost all of the posters save the OP only have a postcount of 1 or 2!
#17 Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 PM

I'm new to vegetarianism as of this week and these are really tasty!
#18 Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I liked these the first time I tried them. I loved that they had so many veggies, and weren't so grain/soy based.

But it only took a short while before I started really disliking them - WAY too greasy, fall apart, and taste weird... I can't stomach them at all now. Which is a shame, cuz i wanted to like them so much more than I do...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#19 Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM

i guess i'm wierd. i find these way too greasy and they fall apart easily. too starchy for me to eat on a bun, but alone or with a salad is ok. they are also pretty good broken apart and stir-fried with day old old rice and then eaten with pickled or raw veggies as a side when i am too lazy to chop up veggies for fried rice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page